Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Who will you remember this Easter ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,243
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,651)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
mammaduke

Who will you remember this Easter ?

I know alot of us here have lost someone close to us this past year & I was wondering who you'll be remembering this Easter.
For me it will be my cousin who passed away suddenly last month, so on Easter Sunday there will be a plate at our dinner table set for him.
So I was wondering if you like to share this with us.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I always think about the grandparents, especially of my grandmothers as she died 3 years ago on Easter. She was my last living grandparent. My husbands last living grandparent, his grandmother died last year.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Mammaduke, the holiday's are always emotional to me. I will especially miss my Gram. She was such a spiritual person and church service isn't the same without her. My girlfriend's husband passed away very suddenly in December (12) and Chrismas was so painful for her. She will be facing her first Easter without him and will be in my prayers.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
mammaduke

Thank you for sharing that with us, I'll say a prayer for all those lost before we start with our meal this Easter & I'll light a candle in there memory that evening . Then we'll place it in our window as we do every holiday in memory of those not with us.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
What a wonderful idea, I think that I'd like to do that as well. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 PM
mammaduke

My hubby & I do that every holiday in memory of those who passed. It's our way to remember them on the holiday.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Santa Clausologist

Most definately. We need to make those around us know just how important they are and to also make them aware how precious memories are of loved ones who are no longer with us. It helps to keep their spirit alive.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
My uncle who passed away December 6th 2007
Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I always remember my father and grandparents, especially my maternal grandfather. I miss them all the time, but especially around holidays.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 AM
mammaduke

Yes the holidays are the time when we really reflect on those who have passed. My all there memories keep them alive in your heart this Easter.