Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » ***Official American Idol Thread***

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Archuleta!

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,930 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
Archuleta!
Jana! You're a woman of few words these days...nice to see ya, how you feeling?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
So, are y'all ready for Dolly Parton night?????
Old 04-01-2008, 04:35 PM

Last Achievements

I have a bad feeling about this...
Old 04-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
that was an interesting night!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 PM

Last Achievements

Jeff's AI Recap 4/1/08

Dolly Parton night was a bit of a worry for me. I like Dolly's personality but her music...not so much. So I wasn't really looking forward to it. But, after going through it...I was actually a little surprised. Dolly herself looks like she's probably had one too many visits to the plastic surgeon, but she seems as nice as ever.

When it comes to judging idol contestants, she's about as much like Paula as anyone. She just loves everyone.

Unfortunately, not everyone was worthy of love:

Brooke -- sitting in the dreaded #1 slot and getting panned by the judges doesn't bode well for Brooke. Personally, I didn't think she was half bad. I expected her to do well with Dolly, and she did fine. I'm sensing a growing weariness by the judges with her but they can't quite peg an obvious fault. She's professionally seasoned, polite to the core. They can't stand that. I hope she survives the week.

David C. --once again a strong original performance. Another test passed as the rocker proved he could do more than justice to a country song. He looked a little more legit tonight too. Judges were at a loss for superlatives, mostly because they've used them all up on this guy. He's safe for sure.

Ramiele -- Epic disaster yet again. Painful to look at, worse to listen to, inexplicable in justifying why she is around. Between Miami and the Phillipines she's collecting a lot of sympathy votes or the crowd at Vote for the Worst.com are really in full campaign mode with this chick. Bottom three bound and hopefully history. She's this year's Sanjaya.

Jason -- Jar Jar Binks will soon be singing backup to Elmo. Each week he sounds more and more like air escaping a balloon. It will be his second week in the bottom three. (But with teenage girls pushing the cell phone buttons we're going to have to suffer with him a bit longer).

Carly -- Hate to say it, but Simon is right: who dresses this woman. She could sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and put kids watching into therapy for years. Turn off the TV and listen to her though and she's golden. The heavy eye make-up did nothing for her either. I think she's ok for a few more weeks but she's yet to find that breakout moment of which she is capable.

David A -- I wonder if the other David is worried about this kid? He definitely has a future. In the local press they are saying that Donny Osmond is now advising him. (I ought to be a psychic). He had the judges gushing again and once the teenage girls give up on Jar-Jar-Jason they'll just transfer over to this kid, cementing his formidity. Safe as safe can be.

Kristy Lee -- I had expectations as she's a Dolly-wannabee. And I guess we got at least a little of what we expected. But good grief...does anyone consult with her about packaging? If you're gonna sing a song about wearing rags then don't dress like a diva. I'd say she was better than that midget Ramiele but it wouldn't surprise me to see her gone this week.

Syesha -- I wonder if the mirror in her dressing room is big enough for her. I kind of doubt it. Didn't know Dolly wrote this and that gave me new respect for her -- Dolly, that is. But knowing the Whitney version just made me think less of Syesha because this is like the 3rd or 4th time she's unsuccessfully played the Whitney card. Enough already. I know you'd like us to think you're Whitney, girl, but you're not. My little girls love her, which tells me she is probably safe. I'm done with her though.

Michael -- FINALLY! This was a great performance by Michael, who oddly, in a way, had a little Ray Charles in him tonight with this one. Very soulful, very listenable, very watchable. Glad to see him step up and hit one out of the park and whodathunkit would have come on Dolly night?

So, all that being said, who is going home:

RAMIELE. Please people, don't touch that phone for this girl. I can't take anymore....

Jeff
Old 04-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Spot on review Jeff. I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. (I especially loved the Jar Jar Binks bit.) I have been wishing Carly, who was AWESOME last night, would get some kind of fashon advice from someone there. Last night she looked like she was dressed for going shopping at the mall. It seems to me, in past years, the further into the competition, the nicer the women dressed. This year we've got RamenNoodle (this years train wreck) wearing basically the same outfit almost every week. Kristie Lee screwed up. She sang really well, but I agree that the beautiful dress and make up took away from the song. I thought Brooke did well. I did think having the three other people with her on the stage took away from the performance. They could have done back up from the orchestra area instead of right there with her. Other than that it was a good rendition of "Jolene". Syesha, Syesha, Syesha. Didn't anyone EVER tell her that, not only is she no Whitney Houston (pre-Bobby), she shouldn't be in the same room with her OR Dolly Parton. Since we are on fashion sense tonight, her dress was nice, but what was up with that hair???? (Just an aside about the song - this song was written by Dolly about her business breakup with her partner Porter Wagoner.)

Now for the guys....

Since we bashed the fashion for the women, I have to make a comment about at least ONE of the guys. I choose Michael. He was awesome last night....but....was he wearing an ascot??????
David A. hit another one out of the ballpark. Jason, aka Jar-Jar, seemed to try to be more seriouis, but it didn't work. And now...David Cook. He was FANTASTIC!!!! I will be first in line to buy his CD when it comes out. I loved the new look and the song. (Just heard on the news that he went to the hospital after the show last night. If I find out more, I'll let y'all know.)

I'm hoping RamenNoodle or Jar Jar go home.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:28 AM

Last Achievements

According to TMZ.com -- one of the worst of all "news" organizations out there -- David Cook has been having a hard time for weeks now because he has an ailing brother with cancer who recently had a setback. He went to the hospital because of unusually high blood pressure. He wasn't taken to an ambulance and he met there with a private doctor, so it sounded more like a precautionary thing rather than a true emergency.

If all this is true, it make his performances the past few weeks even more amazing.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Last Achievements

Ok, so who is toast tonight? Any predictions?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
one of the girls that isnt carly