Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » First Christmas song I listened to this season

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,647 Views  1 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
60,004 Views  0 Posts
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,604 Views  2 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,906 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Deo has shown a merry disposition
bell First Christmas song I listened to this season

Cold December Night - Michael Bubble

So yeah, I've opened the season of Christmas music and this song for sure is becoming a classic, at least on my Christmas playlist

What's the first Christmas song You've listened to this season?
The Following User Says Thank You to Deo For This Useful Post:
Ddeby (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I usually count the "first Christmas song" as the first song I hear on the radio. Which has yet to occur this year. But hopefully soon...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-13-2012), Ddeby (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ddeby has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I usually count the "first Christmas song" as the first song I hear on the radio. Which has yet to occur this year. But hopefully soon...
That's what I do too! And I make note of the last song playing on the radio Christmas Day evening when I turn off the radio as I know the next morning I won't hear anymore. That's always sad for me.

But of course I listen to Christmas music periodically during the year on my CDs or Pandora radio, so I guess for me there really is no official "first." It's more ongoing.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,388 Times in 4,398 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can't wait for Nov. 1 to start playing Christmas music....

Have glove will travel
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
I usually wait until Thanksgiving day to pop in the Christmas tunes, and its killing me. I might have to go to the Nov. 1 date for kickoff as well!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well I have not listened to any yet and won't be till around mid november. I don't know which song it's going to be but really excited thinking about which one to kick off the season with. For me the first song will have to be an upbeat, high spirited, feel good track to put me in a joyful mood!

Looking forward to posting which one I end up listening to first!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Yeah, I listen to Christmas Music through online radio stations on occasion throughout the year, but that doesn't count for me. For me, the "first song" is whatever airs on the radio first.

Originally Posted by Ddeby
That's what I do too! And I make note of the last song playing on the radio Christmas Day evening when I turn off the radio as I know the next morning I won't hear anymore. That's always sad for me.
Oh yeah, I try and catch the last song of the Christmas season as well. And then catch the first song of "regular" music, to see what the radio station leads off with. That's interesting as well.

Two Christmas seasons ago, my local radio station kept the Christmas music going until Dec. 31st at Midnight. The next to last song they played was "Joy to the World" by Anne Murray (the best of the hymns, in my opinion). Then the last song they played was "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg (a sad song which marks a fitting end to the season). Then midnight struck, and the first song they played was "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick and Elton John, and that was followed by "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. A good start to the year.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
i started on this past Monday. I just played 4-5 Xmas songs as part of my weekly countdown to the holidays incl. Michael Buble's Jingle Bells / Manhensteam Roller's Deck the Halls and from the Charlie Brown Xmas album, Greensleeves, one of my favorite albums of the Holiday Season but there are so many, it's hard to narrow it down to just a few. Also Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses.
Then ended with Barenaked Ladies' take on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Cheers!!

ML
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Yesterday I started looking around for music to add to my holiday collection. I ran through the WPIX Yule Log song list for artists I might have overlooked and sure enough I did... Eugene Ormandy.

I listened to a few tracks from The Glorious Sound of Christmas with the Philadelphia Orchestra and Temple University Concert Choir. WOW, what an album! I can't believe I overlooked this for so long.

It's a MUST HAVE!!