Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,062 Views  0 Posts
“Happy Christmas Time”...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 02:56 PM
28,382 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,072 Views  0 Posts
Eggnog: A Colonial...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:49 PM
70,548 Views  0 Posts
The Snow Maiden
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:51 PM
62,676 Views  0 Posts

Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
any bird watchers?

i currently find myself living in a small town in the middle of texas, with my mother. weve sort of become bird freaks. ive got seven feeders off the back porch and thats not counting the FOUR hummingbird feeders and two birdbaths!

(its really kinda sad....)

anyway, anyone a mild bird enthusiast? (i do mean mild, no trekking thru the woods looking for rare species or anything even similar!)

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I'll admit to "mild bird enthusiast"! So mild that my wife and I can sit on our patio, here a bird call and I can tell her what it was...No trekking for me either just an interest...I almost ran off the road once watching a hawk in the sky...I still love them...Not sure where it began or why, but I really enjoy watching and feeding the birds! I have an ongoing battle with our neighborhood squirrels too trying to keep them away from the feeders...

I knew I really liked you E.W.!

jay
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
as of this week, we have a handful of black-chinned hummers.

i also get a couple dozen gold finches, untold amounts of various species of sparrow. some carolina chickadees. two (seemingly, but who knows as they all look alike to me) titmice. a couple pair of cardinals. some monk parakeets. house and purple finches. lots and lots of hawks, tho they arent hanging out at my feeders! but we do live near a wooded area so i see them all the time. the occasional cowbird and some bluejays. and the cutest little female ruby-crowned kinglet and an equally adorable bewick's wren. before the winter cold set in, we had really only just got started, so we are looking forward to see what shows up this spring!!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
mammaduke

I love watching the birds as they come to feed from our bird house, my D/H made us a bird house that matches our house, plus I have 2 bird feeders in the back yard. My next door neighbor has a bunch of bird feeders in her yard so we get to watch then all day. Last year we had cardnials, blue jays, red winged black birds,humming birds, & robins. I love being able to see them, I can't wait for spring .

Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
On the Naughty List

pbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry disposition
Thanks for shareing but not much a bird guy tho i see them at times in the yard and i look but not a bird guy.

Jeff G. "bullrider"
Old 03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Let's see...

I grew up in a family that joined a bird club that met once a month. We went on "field trips" and I've even stood on a rickety bridge in the middle of a NJ winter to spot Bald Eagles. My mother got involved with a group of women who caught birds (in barely visible nets and non lethal traps) in order to weigh them, check their health and band them. Our backyard was designated as a backyard "bird sanctuary" and we even took in injured and/or baby birds and animals, rehabilitiated them and released them back into the wild.

So...I guess I don't qualify as a "mild" bird enthusiast, but I do love me some birds. I love to take pictures. If you want to see any of my pics, let me know and I'll give you a link to my Flickr account.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
oh yes, i observed someone give me the bird today.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I can always count on you to give me a smile DVD guy...I'm sure it's cause your from Jersey!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
i cant believe nobody beat me to that joke
Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
i cant believe nobody beat me to that joke
That's because you're quick witted

Last edited by MrsH; 03-19-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: because