Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What will you plant in your garden this spring ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 04-06-2008, 02:57 PM
mammaduke

Love fresh strawberries, should try them this year too, mabe we will.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
We have some tomato plants on the side of our house. They do so well there. WE have tulips in the front of our house, and in the back yard, my husband made a flower garden with different types of perennials. WE also have an arbor with clemaitis. I love spring, and can't wait for all the flowers to bloom.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,813 Times in 3,883 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My hubby checked the garden today & it's dry enough to till!! He is going to till it this morning, & we are going to plant tonight or tomorrow on my lunch & then it is supposed to rain for like 8 days! UGH!! But I am SO excited to get some things planted out there!!

We use to have strawberries in our garden years ago, but my parents dug them out...I don't remember why anymore. I love fresh strawberries. I made my 1st strawberry pies of the season last week. (store bought berries of course, from California)

Last edited by Holiday; 04-07-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
mammaduke

Have fun Holiday doing the garden, I wish mine would dry out so I can get mine done.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
Have fun Holiday doing the garden, I wish mine would dry out so I can get mine done.
Thanks! I stopped at the garden after work tonight & it's all tilled & he put some lime on it. (supposed to be good for corn ~ actually good for a lot of things I believe) It is so windy tonight, if I try to plant, the seeds will be blowing all over! We'll have lettuce in the kohlrabi patch, radish in the peas, & peas in the taters... I hope you can get in your garden soon mammaduke! I also hope the rain holds off long enough that we can get some things planted on my lunch tomorrow!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
mammaduke

Suppose to be in the 50's all week but rain coming Wed. so will try to get in the garden tomorrow & see what I can get done.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Well, we got our garden planted last night! I planted lettuce (romaine & leaf), radish, sugar peas, green onions, carrots, kohlrabi, red onions & potatoes! We ran out of potatoes, but my hubby called this morning when he got off work & he was going to go get some more & plant them this morning. He was also going to pick up & plant either white or yellow onions! So exciting!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
mammaduke

Sounds like you are planning one well of a garden Holiday. How lucky you are to get to plant your garden already.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
On the Naughty List

pbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry disposition
My yard is going to be small this year i have been working on some small landscaped beds adding yr round flowers and rocks added a gold pan and some ore in a small bed to but iam cutting the yard down for my granma that she can take care of it better we have almost a acre ekk.

Jeff G. "bullrider"
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
potatoes, tomatos, onions, green onions, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, romaine lettuce, grean peas, green beans, green bell pepper, red bell peppers, jalpeno peppers, chile peppers, habanero peppers, corn, eggplant, zucchini, squash, radishes, different herbs.