Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What will you plant in your garden this spring ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 PM
mammaduke

What will you plant in your garden this spring ?

I am thinking about what I am going to plant this year in my garden, & I was wondering what others here plant.
This year we will plant: tomatoes( beef steak & cherry tomatoes), zuccinni squash,butternut squash, carrotts, corn, pumpkins, green peppers, & my garlic is already in.
So what's in your garden this year ?

Old 03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I hope to do tomatoes in some pots on my front deck...pending considering I will be busy with work and remodeling.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,327 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star I have just a small yard

I plant tomatoes, green peppers, kale, parsley, chives and lettuce. Also sunflowers around the edge. The back yard is in the sun a good part of the day, so all these things do great.
I used to do a garden at the community gardens, but got tired of having others reap what I worked so hard at to grow. I do herbs in my kitchen window (basil, mint, thyme and rosemary)
Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was going to ask the same question! I am getting so antsy to get out in the garden!
We will plant: lettuce (mixed leaf & romaine), radish, carrots, kohlrabi, green onions, sugar peas, yukon gold potatoes, red onion, white or yellow onion, sweet corn (we're going to try Gotta Have It hybrid this year), big bertha bell peppers,
hot peppers: jalapeno, chiltepin, cayenne, peter, & pequin. I have all of those pepper seeds planted in our basement hoping they will come up soon...I'm "patiently waiting"! We will plant Big Boy, (or Better Boys) Roma & Beefmaster tomatoes for sure & I have tomato seeds started in my basement:
Mortgage Lifter
Hillbilly
Cherokee Purple
SunSugar (yellow cherry maters)
Heinz &
Yellow Brimmer

Tomato seeds planted, but not yet sprouting:
Yellow Brandywine &
Florida Pink

The perenials in our gaden are rhubarb & asparagus. Mom plants 2 rows of marigolds at the front of our garden every year ~ supposed to keep bugs away!

We do our gardening at my parents house. They have had a large garden in their back yard since...gosh before my 36 years & now they are getting older & don't want to hassel with it. They were going to plant 1/2 of it in grass seed & we didn't want to see that happen, so my hubby & I took over the garden. We plant it & take care of it, but if they feel like they want to go out there & pull weeds, or pick veggies, it is there for them to do. It works out really nice. Of course anything we plant, they are more than welcome to eat or preserve! There is always plenty to go around! Now I'm REALLY Excited!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
mammaduke

Holiday sounds like you really have a great big garden, that's nice that you took it over for your parents. I know D/H & I love working in the garden together every year.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This year we will grow some :Sweet Corn, Red Corn, Zuchinni, Summer Squash, Pumpkins, Cherry Tomatoes, Beefsteaks, Habeneros, Jalapenos, Carrots, Rosemary, Basil, Mint, Beets, Green Beans, Watermelons and Radishes.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

hollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry disposition
holly

Im sure going for tomatoes... last year I had to be very patient with my tomatoes.. I harvested the last ones for christmas dinner... I put the plants indoor because it was freezing cold outsite..and all the tiny green tomates kept coming..
and Im also going for strawberries and a huge herb corner with basil, rocket, parsley, oregano, chives and a HUUUUUGE DILL supply because I love this stuff..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Let me know how those strawberries go, I've wanted to try it but always chicken out.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

hollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry disposition
holly

strawberries are really easy.. just give it a try...they only need water and when the berries appear just put some straw around the plants that the berries dont have direct contact with the ground... let them grow and enjoy.. last year I could go almost every evening and pick some ...
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Mmm fresh strawberries - yum. I put in a few tomatoes and pepper planys and have sown seeds in large pots for lettuce (works well). But our yard has sooo many flower beds that I just don't have the room for that many vegies. However as I mentioned in another post, I have a fab herb garden.