Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Baby sister won gold metal in special olympics

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 02-09-2008, 03:48 PM
mammaduke

Baby sister won gold metal in special olympics

My baby sister won a gold metal in the NY state special Olympics games today. She received her metal in figure skating, we are all so proud of her, now she is in the running to be picked to go to the nationals. We'll have to wait to see if they pick her.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Debbie...That's great news. I am sure you are so very proud of her. Keep us all posted if she gets to go to the nationals.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM
mammaduke

Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
Debbie...That's great news. I am sure you are so very proud of her. Keep us all posted if she gets to go to the nationals.
I sure will thank you for your kind words, we hope she makes it.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
That's awesome debbie!!

I have a cousin who was in the special olympics a few years ago for running. She won silver.

Last edited by act_as_if; 02-10-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
mammaduke

They have an article on the games in our paper today along with photos from her event yesterday. It is in the sports page @ Democrat And Chronicle.com, She is in the 10th & 11 photo , it shows her doing her routine.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
That's awesome! She must really be great. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
That is wicked, congrats to you all.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Congrats!!! You must all be so proud of her!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I found the link to the newspaper, but couldn’t find the article. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/....dll/frontpage

Congratulations to your sister and I hope she continues to shine and enjoy participating in special events.

I know someone here that helps out with our local special olympic competions. He said it's great to see the strength in the youth he works with.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
mammaduke

Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
I found the link to the newspaper, but couldnít find the article. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/....dll/frontpage

Congratulations to your sister and I hope she continues to shine and enjoy participating in special events.

I know someone here that helps out with our local special olympic competions. He said it's great to see the strength in the youth he works with.
It was only in the paper for that one day. I have it saved in my files but don't know how to post it on here.