Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Member-Only Group Forums > Christmas Magic » Christmas Magical Moments

Christmas Magic Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Tracks of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:33 PM
0 Posts
No Longer Alone in a...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:30 PM
39,356 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,636 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts

Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Christmas Magical Moments

In December I posted some Magical Moments...had a lot of neat responses. I thought it might be fun to spend some time talking about the topics again now when things aren't so hectic.

December Magical Moment #1

Friend
That word holds many connotations. Friendship is the thread with which we weave the tapestry of life. Some of the threads travel throughout the entire tapestry, while others are shorter, end abruptly, or fade out among the other colors. So is the nature of friendships. Real, long lasting friendship requires nurturing. It doesn't happen in the workplace between 9-5 or at Happy Hour on Fridays. It happens in the REAL world with all its imperfections. It reminds me of a quotation from the Velveteen Rabbit about becoming real:

"It doesn't happen all at once" said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real, you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand"

The Velveteen Rabbit By: Margery Williams with illustrations by Willima Nicholson. Orginally published in 1922.

Thoughts? Reflections? Where are you in becoming REAL?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
December Magical Moment #14 The Illusive Perfect Christmas

One thing that creates stress during the holiday season is the illusion of the perfect Christmas. The story of Christmas isn't perfect....I mean what mother do you know that wants to give birth in a cold, damp, dreary stable surrounded by smelly animals? And why were they traveling? To be counted so they could pay taxes....ummmm not exactly a trip of joy.
But anyway I digress....the point is Christmas isn't EVER going to be perfect.....no day is....it's just not possible. There will be tired cranky kids, quarrels, money worries, illness, and lost gifts. So be it....perfect isn't really all it's cracked up to be anyway. I mean think about it ....doesn't perfect make you a little uncomfortable? It feels a bit fake and surreal. So I'll settle for a "good" Christmas...and I won't get hung up on a tree that's a little tilted or a gift with a mismatched bow. And when someone is a bit grumpy....I won't feel like it ruins the whole season. And I promise to be good to myself and not fall into the trap of thinking what I've created, chosen, baked, or given isn't "good enough". I hope you will let go of the illusive perfect Christmas and join me in celebrating the best Christmas of all.....a Christmas that exists in our hearts and travels with us throughout the year.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 PM
mammaduke

That is so great Ginger , you are really a person who knows the spirit of Christmas. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
When I went to the Merry Forums and found Gingerbug and Mamaduke there - I was so relieved! Because my FRIENDS were there too! I didn't know how to use the chat, and I felt like a teenager at high school - and things got a whole lot better FAST when I saw their names there. Friends make things a whole lot better, don't they?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Lanar has shown a merry disposition
I was on the chat before and it was nice to see names you know BUT everyone else pulled you in and made you feel at home too!!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:49 AM

Last Achievements

December Magical Moment #7 Holiday Photos

Capturing holiday memories in photos can be a wonderful experience. Sorting, organizing, and displaying them may not be. Recently I have organized most of my Christmas Past photos and this year I plan to devote the month nof January to looking through the digital photos of 2007, printing the ones I want to scrap or display, and organizing and labeling the CDs of the rest of them. Otherwise, they will stay preserved in CD form and never scrapped. I plan on downsizing and picking around 15-20 shots, printing and working with them.

Some of my best photos have been a series of shots. For example at Halloween I was able to capture about 5-6 pictures of Evan's first experience with a sucker. My favorite is the final one ....after has put it in his mouth and tasted it! Consider doing some series pictures this year of baking, unwrapping a gift, etc and see what you come up with.

Another idea is to take some "hand" pictures...I plan on doing Great Grandmas, mine, DD25, and Evan's both individually and as a group. While not a traditional holiday photo...I thought they would create an interesting page or photo display for the wall, especially printed in black and white. "The Hands that Created Christmas 2007" or something like that.

How do you handle holiday photos? Any suggestions or ideas for photo opts?: