Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What's your LEAST favorite holiday??

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jody664 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by bastones View Post
I guess Easter holiday as this year it was 1 week later than usual... but I like halloween as its close to Christmas!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Easter. I have HORRIBLE memories of Easter as a kid.

First my parents' church had a sunrise service at 6:30 a.m. which meant we had to get up at 5:00. Several years, the time change also happened that Sunday, so even though it was 5:00, it felt like 4:00. In what felt like the dead of night, we got to see what the Easter Bunny brought, but heaven forbid we EAT any of it. We might get chocolate on our new Easter dress. And there was no time to play with any of the toys because we had to rush off to church.

Even though I like the traditional Easter food (ham, asparagus, etc), it's just not my favorite holiday.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Probably Halloween,not because I don't want my kids to have fun and get candy;but because it's so commercialized. Halloween used to be just a pretty simple holiday where kids would dress up in costumes they made themselves. Nowadays it seems people are breaking the bank over costumes...I always tell my kids to make their own! Other than that I really couldn't say I dislike it completely as we like to carve pumpkins and I enjoy the change that will soon come with the Fall.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Mine is Martin Luther King Day. I think there must be a number of people, even involved with civil rights, that deserve a special day more than he does.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

ilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elf
mine would be halloween. Because i've already got christmas fever once september hits and they start putting the halloween and a little bit of thanksgiving and christmas stuff up. I want halloween to get over so it turns into all christmas stuff. I'm going all out this year on decorting my house.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Mine would be Valentine's Day and New Years Eve.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

starflake has shown a merry disposition
Easter has always been a mere blip, if anything. I love the vernal equinox, though!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:58 PM

ksrjreed has shown a merry dispositionksrjreed has shown a merry disposition
Fourth of July, not the holiday just the celebrating, I don't buy fireworks, I really believe there a waste of money, I would rather keep the money and buy Christmas decorations at our local Christmas store.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Basket has shown a merry disposition
Here it is definitely ValentinesDay. It `s a day made of the florists to make money (The flowers are very expensive these days)
Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Where is "here"? Your location is blank.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
St Patrick's Day

It is a fairly big holiday here in Chicago, but it has become obnoxious. I am Irish and I try to return it back to Irish traditions. I started giving up these past few years because people only seem to care about partying now.