Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What month will you start decorating for Christmas this year

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,437
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,294 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Changing Face of...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2011 08:23 AM
60,134 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,253 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We start putting up the outside decorations the weekend before Thanksgiving. I will start decorating a little here an dthere Thanksgiving week. I will either put up the tree either Thanksgiving night or the next day. We are finished all the decorating before the end of the Thanksgiving weekend.

The kids will have their trees up in their rooms some time in Nov. Usually before Thanksgiving.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Either the last day in November or the first day of December.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

ArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elf
About the only thing constant with us is that the tree goes up on Thanksgiving night . . . along with the lights on the tree usually (15 strands, 5 each of red, green, and clear [non LED of course] on our 7 and a half foot fake tree). The outside decorations are usually aimed to be up by Thanksgiving so that we might turn them on that night, but it never happens (in the last ten years the most likely days for getting those up are black friday and the Sunday after Thanksgiving). The inside decorations are usually up by Dec. 1 . . . after the tree finally gets finished.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
holly

This thread makes me really happy!

I put the outside lights up really early. I add some orange strings to the clear lights and turn them on on Halloween night, to light the way for the trick or treaters. Then I take the orange strings away and turn the white lights on on Thanksgiving night.

I think I could put the artificial tree up on a big blanket, and decorate it in the office/guest bedroom. That could be my reward for decluttering and organizing that room. I could put the tree up as soon as I got the Halloween decorations put away. And then, on Thanksgiving night, I could carefully slide the tree -- on the blanket -- down the hall to the living room - where it sits in front of the big window. And I could arrange the already-wrapped gifts on the blanket.

That way I could enjoy the decorated tree all through November - without upsetting family members who don't want the tree up before Thanksgiving. They don't go in the office/guest room.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Merry Fourms Member

mountainwxman has shown a merry disposition
WOW! Am I the only one that's starting in early October? LOL!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

purplecrush has shown a merry dispositionpurplecrush has shown a merry disposition
OHHH im so glad to see im not the only one to do it Nov 1!!

It started out being on my birthday too, Nov 16, (I also take up the whole weekend to celebrate hehe) but thats too long to wait..so now its Nov 1...day after Halloween!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
November 1st here takes me a week or three to get the tree up, and with the new additions this year it may take a little longer
Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Nov. 1st is our start date also.I used to do it around my birthday,but found I got to itchy for it lol
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

cipalla has shown a merry disposition
The day after Halloween
Old 09-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I always decorate the day after Thanksgiving.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]