Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Online » Greetings From Cool Yule Comics!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Online Christmas on the Internet -- it's what we do!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 05-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Greetings From Cool Yule Comics!

Hello to everyone on the forums! My name is George Broderick, Jr. and I'm new here, but plan to stick around for a long while... this place is really Christmas-y fun!

I'm a professional cartoonist and, amongst my other work, I have a passion for doing Christmas comics. I guess I came to the right place, huh?

Jeff will be posting some of my Christmas comics here at the Merry Network on a weekly basis starting today... I hope you all check them out and enjoy them...

In the meantime, let's get things rolling with a question from me, the Newbie... do you have a Christmas comic memory you'd like to share? I'd like to hear them...

What is your favorite Christmas comics memory?

I remember one Christmas (1965?) when my dad got me a copy of Walt Disney's Comics and Stories... it had several features in it, but the one I remember most vividly was a Mickey Mouse story where he and Goofy were riding llamas up a narrow path in the Andes mountains and the villain (Black Pete? The Phantom Blot?) started an avalanche... as the rocks tumbled down towards our intrepid heroes, those ominous words "to be continued" appeared at the bottom of the page... and I never did find out what happened to this day!!!

I assume Mickey and Goofy survived, but it sure bugs me that I never got to see how that story ended...

Okay, who's next..?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
mammaduke

I would love to welcome you to MMC & say I am looking forward to seeing your work here.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
welcome to the forums
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
Hi George! And welcome!

I remember how cool it was in the old days as Christmas got closer that the comics in the paper started to have a Christmas theme...Dennis the Menace is the one I remember most...There was also a local comic that counted down the days till Christmas...It was probably the mid seventies and the paper was the Morris County Daily Record...The paper is still around but they don't do the countdown anymore...

I'm gonna poke around your site a little more but what I've seen so far I have loved!

Again, welcome!

Jay
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Hi George...
Welcome...looking foward to seeing some of your work. I think it will be a hit here on MMC. Glad you are a part of this wonderful website
Old 05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Christmas comics...I was a child of the late 60's and early 70's, so I was most definitely influences by Peanuts growing up. I would go to the library and bring books of Peanuts home by the armload...they even used to limit how many I could take because I would take them all and check them out for months at a time.

I don't recall being anything more than a casual reader of classic comic books, though. I was greatly influenced by what I read in the paper though. Family Circle comes to mind because my whole family read that one and we identified with it so closely (especially the ones featuring "Nobody"--- i.e. Who took Daddy's shoes...nobody!...drawn as a ghost). We had a large family and could relate to that.

I know my mother worried if I'd ever outgrow the comics and I'm proud to say, I never have. In the 80s it was Bloom County and the Far Side. (I never quite got the humor of Garfield.)

But these days...other than my stubborn loyalty to Calvin and Hobbes...it's going to be all George Broderick.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Welcome, George!

I don't recollect anything specific right now, but comics were in our stockings each year until the mid-70's when my stocking book stuff was Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines and my brothers become Science Digest or MADD, the middle child in the family continued to receive comics.

The ones I enjoyed most were Richie Rich, Archies, Disney comics, Marvel comics - among the regular sized comics there were the "chubby books" (as we used to call them) mainly featuring the Warner Brother's comic characters.

Unpack your bags, hang your stocking and stick around.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Forgot about MAD. Oh yes, I had to HIDE those from my siblings.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
MMC Master of SantaClausology

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
Here are a couple of Christmas Comic Books I have...
http://www.clausnet.com/forums/uploa...113_100102.jpg
http://www.clausnet.com/forums/uploa..._5_113_987.jpg
http://www.clausnet.com/forums/uploa..._113_30796.jpg
http://www.clausnet.com/forums/uploa..._113_16353.jpg

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Looking for Santa? Check out my SantaBlog or visit my personal site
Want to become Santa or Mrs. Claus? Visit
ClausNET.com
Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf