Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Santa Claus & the North Pole » 2008 Sleigh Naming Contest Announced

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Santa Claus & the North Pole Visit Santa Update.comSanta and his elves stop by here all the time. Watch here for breaking news from the North Pole, our annual Update from the North Pole and, of course, Santa tracking around the world on Christmas Eve. Feel free to ask Santa, Elf Ernest or Elf Ed Zachary any questions you might have about Santa or the North Pole. This section is brought to you by Santa Update.com

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,857
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
holly

Wild Red Rocket

~Santas Helper Kobrin

Old 05-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Bob
Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
The Pride of the Sugar Plum
Old 05-31-2008, 04:51 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Okay gang, if we're going to do this, we're going to do this properly!! I think the suggestions so far have been great (with a special commendation going out to Billy Battles' "Bob"!) but it turns out that Santa has some rules.......

Will you help name Santa's sleigh this year?
There are just a couple of things to remember:

1. The sleigh ALWAYS has a girl's name. Santa didn't explain why this is. But he always refers to the sleigh as "she" or "her". He always says things like "She's a beauty this year!" or "Listen to her bells ring!". So the name has to be a girl's name.

2. Santa can only pick out one name. From time to time, we will post a list of names that have been suggested. But Santa won't pick out the winner until Christmas Eve day. That's right...you'll have to follow the Santa Updates on Christmas Eve day and track Santa around the world with us in order to learn if your entry won!

3. Your entry needs to be in by December 15th, 2008.

4. What's the prize? Why, a Merry Christmas, of course! (Santa will leave our winner a little something extra special in their stocking this year!)

If you think your name for the sleigh fits the bill, click

http://www.santaupdate.com/sleighcontest.php

and submit your entry!!!!!!!

Good luck everybody, and may the best name win (which, thinking about it, is the general idea!!)

Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I added my choice of names for Santa's sleigh.

Velvet Soaring Star

Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Tasha has shown a merry disposition
Star Shine Express

LOL @ Bob
Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Mo is right -- you have to submit it on the page at SantaUpdate.com if you want your submission to be official. We can talk about it all you want but that's all it will ever be here -- talk!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yip! I submitted mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
RavenHardt (06-03-2008)
Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

christmascreations has shown a merry dispositionchristmascreations has shown a merry disposition
I submitted mine and made a girls name up to go with the "rules". But not sure if it is restricted to just girls names or any general name??? oh well but I added an option!!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
I just entered The Crystal Snowflake....as Crystal is a girls name