Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Your National Lampoons Christmas Moment

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,663 Views  0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,381 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,059 Views  0 Posts
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,353 Views  0 Posts
"The Boy with the Box"...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:17 AM
0 Posts

Old 05-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Your National Lampoons Christmas Moment

Have you ever had a Murphy Christmas? (Everything that can go wrong will!)
Sometimes when you're trying to make everything perfect, everything goes wrong! Tell about your Christmas disaster stories!

I'll start:

My grandmother ended up having to have a surgery right before Christmas, so my mom made a spur of the moment decision to go there to visit her for Christmas. I was 13 at the time. We drove 18 hours from Atlanta, GA to Buffalo, NY. So anyways, we arrive in Buffalo the night before Christmas eve. We all pass out on my grandma's living room floor, only to have to wake up at the crack of dawn to help clean her house and go shopping for Christmas dinner ingredients, presents, decorations and a tree. Of course, being that it was Christmas eve, the stores were ransacked and there was hardly anything left, so we got what we could. Just as the day was drawing to a close, we stopped at a Christmas tree place. The guy was rushing us out, probably because he was eager to close up. The tree we got was pitiful, to say the least, but we got one! He quickly threw it on top of the van and tied it up and sent us on our merry way. As soon as the van hit above 50mph, the tree flew off the top of the van. In a shock, my mother hit a u-turn as soon as she could, but weirdly enough, the tree was gone. We maintained that someone took it for themselves. So we went BACK to the tree place and told the guy what happened. He gave us one of the last trees that was bald and sad looking and sent us away. We made it to my grandma's WITH the tree. It was a patchwork Christmas...that's all that I can say. But seeing that we were lacking all the pretty lights and fancy presents, we got to spend Christmas as a family that got a chance to remember what the season was all about!

Ok next person...go!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well...Long story short A squirrel crawled down our chiminy (ho ho ho) and got in our Christmas tree. We were trying to get it out the front door with my mom screaming on the steps with the cat, me laughing because it reminded me of Christmas Vacation and my dad poking a metre stick through the tree trying to get the squirrel to jump out
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:52 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
So...It's Christmas Eve...the day we traditionally spend with my in laws...I get a call just as we're leaving that MY Mom is going to the emergency room with a bad reaction to some medication she's on...I rush up there visit with her, get the reports from the Dr., they send her home...Our plan is too see them the next day, Christmas Day...So we're at the inlaws and I decide to give a call to my parents to see how she's feeling and the number is busy...For the next two hours...Finally after several calls to the security booth in their development and then to the local police who then transfer me to the state police, a car was sent to their house to check them out...Mom was asleep, forgot to turn the phone off after speaking to my brother, Dad is asleep downstairs in his recliner and is awakend by a very suspicous state trooper who entered their house and wandered through every room including the one where Mom was alseep to be sure everything was fine...Not exactly a relaxing Chrsitmas Eve...Parents...You bring them up for forty years and still they make mistakes like these...