Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » When do you all start decorating.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,010
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 07-19-2006, 09:06 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Man, I bet a 3-story Victorian house is beautiful anytime, but especially when decorated for Christmas. Just think, Elfworks, how many tubs of decorations it would take for that? Let's see, 31 tubs for a one bedroom apt, so at least 186 tubs for this house.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i keep thinkin that i have already answered stuff when i see my personal avie sitting there.....

i like to turn the lights on the day after t-day. it takes anywhere from a week to 3 weeks to get the outside and inside lights up. once i flip the switch on the twinkling, i fire up the nog factory, turn on the tunes, and do the rest of the decorating.

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-19-2006, 02:15 PM
On the Naughty List

I may wear glasses, but I spotted the word "nog" in there. And "factory." Now there's a place I wouldn't mind working. 8)
Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
nog factory = my kitchen!

for big parties i will buy the borden's and doctor it up, but for just me and family and friends that drop in, i keep a batch of homemade in the fridge. usually make some every other day or so til it starts to get warm here. dont usually like to drink nog in warm weather, tho all this talk is starting to make me think a trip to the store for some cream might be a good idea!

youre welcome to stop by anytime and lend a hand!
xo

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 PM
On the Naughty List

Do you really have cold weather much at all?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

well, i have only lived in dallas for two months, so i have no firsthand experience on this subject. however.... i consider "cool" to be anything below 70* and cold to be anything below 60*. tho my preference is for 30's and 40's. i do know that dallas is definitely cooler than austin, so i am looking forward to something akin to fall.....

xo

www.thyca.org

Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM
On the Naughty List

Everything I know about Texas I learned watching "King of the Hill." It snowed on that show a few times, so I assume it could happen.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

it most assuredly snows in texas. it even snows in austin about once a year. it snows in dallas a couple times at least.

king of the hill is set in a town that somehow manages to be near san antonio, dallas and houston all at the same time... i am always amused by that!

i always thought hank hill should be infinitely more INTO decorating than he seems to be. kwim?

xo

www.thyca.org

Old 09-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
traditionally, we don't put up a tree until the 15-19th of December because my mom's family couldn't afford to put it up early when she was little, so she and her six brothers and sisters would go down to the tree lot christmas eve and the tree salesman would either give them a tiny tree for free or let them buy a leftover one for cheap. But since I've gained a "voice" in my family, we've been putting it up earlier and earlier. The outside and inside decorations come out of the attic and go up the day I get home for Christmas break, which is usually the 6-10th of December. I get home after driving from 7-10am then start decorating the outside of the house. I usually finish the outside by 2pm, then I go in and layout the figurines and hang the stockings and such.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
We don't hang our stockings until Christmas Eve. It's part of the ritual at my parents house. When it's time for bed, we get in our jammies, get a Christmas story read to us, hang our stockings and then say a prayer in front of the nativity. Very cute.