Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Controversy & Opinion Visit Defend Christmas.com Presented by Defend Christmas, this forum covers the difficult topics of the season -- from the famed and fabled War on Christmas to church and state debates to using the star or the angel on the Christmas tree. Modern Christmas celebration has it's complications -- schools are divided, some Christmas light displays are too much, some even argue that it is better to call it a "holiday" tree. Some merchants won't even say "Merry Christmas"! Where there is controversy, there is insanity. Even in Christmas.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Boxing Day
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
51,635 Views  0 Posts
Homemade Ornaments and...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:59 PM
36,062 Views  0 Posts
What is Mrs. Claus'...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
57,501 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,655 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:49 PM
51,755 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

gustavobastos is a new face around here!
tree The Brazilian tradition is...

open all the presents at CHRISTmas Eve at midnight.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
We are swedish so traditoinally Christmas Eve the youngest girl wears all white dress and a wreath on her head , and serves appetizers, Christmas Eve is big just like Christmas day but normally gift giving is Christmas morning.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

snowangel77 has shown a merry disposition
When I was small, my parents used to let my brothers, sister and I open one present each on Christmas Eve before we went to bed, but not one from a close family member. I remember how excited I used to get about Christmas, and I always chose to open my gift from my Godfather, as every year he bought me a gold charm (for a charm bracelet) for christmas, and another for my birthday. That way, I figured I was still opening a gift, but I kind of knew what it was (although not what kind of charm) so I got to save all of my "real surprises" for Christmas morning!!

Then we'd go to bed, and we'd open our stockings as soon as we discovered Santa had been (which was usually the very early hours of the morning - our poor parents!). Our christmas gifts under the tree were opened once all the family were up on Christmas morning.

As an adult I still wait until Christmas day to open my gifts. My fiance and I give each other stockings full of little gifts that we open as soon as we wake up on Christmas morning. The other gifts are wrapped and under the tree.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I let my daughter pick one of her choice to open on Christmas Eve... All the others on Christmas Morning.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
Us kids are allowed to choose one gift on Christmas Eve to open (This is a long process of poking and prodding each and every gift, but it usually ends up being the smallest one) and all the others we are to open on Christmas morning.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM

LittleMissLaura has shown a merry dispositionLittleMissLaura has shown a merry disposition
we open gifts on christmas eve, ecause we celebrate christmas on christmas eve.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Mistletoeologist

sila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoesila would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
i let the kids have one on xmas eve from me but santa brings the rest on christmas morning
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Euan Buchan has shown a merry dispositionEuan Buchan has shown a merry disposition
Open ours on Christmas Day
Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I let my daughter open one on Christmas Eve. The rest and from Santa Christmas morning. Although her dad is working this Christmas Day so.....I am not yet sure how we plan to do things.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:43 PM

MikeClaus has shown a merry disposition
We usually open 1 present on christmas eve. Its usually something smalelr though liek a cd or movie to keep entertained.
The rest and majority of presents are opened early, and I mean early (like 6 am) christmas day.