Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Secret Santa Ideas Chat

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2006
By MMC Editor
06-11-2006 11:11 PM
45,172 Views  0 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,911 Views  0 Posts
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
58,126 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,120 Views  2 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
55,998 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-23-2008, 06:03 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Secret Santa Ideas Chat

Maureen and I have been talking about our chat topics and we are happy to let you know about our first June Chat. The first chat will be Sunday June 1st at 2:00 EST (1:00 CST) in the USA and this will be at 7:00pm in the UK area....I hope.... if I have this figured correctly!!!
We will be meeting again on that same day at 8:00pm EST (7:00pm CST) for the USA folks who might not be able to make the early afternoon one. Each chat will last 30 minutes but you are free to remain for general chat afterwards. Please feel free to join us for one or both...in The Christmas Cupboard Chat room!!

Secret Santa Ideas Chat:
This chat will focus on the Secret Santa tradition many use at the work place or in different groups. Many of the ideas however could work for children’s parties or little token gifts for family and friends. To help us get the most out of this chat experience please have at least two ideas you can share. But if you don’t….come anyway…the more the merrier!!! Also this is a structured chat so topic rules apply. I'll post the rules below. It’s going to be great fun.
For those attending chat, I will be providing you with two links where you can view and print…some labels I have created for Secret Santa Treats and Booing Treats….but only if you are at chat…they will be posted during chat!!!

Theme Chat Topic Rules:
Our themed chats are a time to share ideas and talk about specific topics so we ask that:

1. You stick to the topic!!!
2. Allow wait time after questions to give all of the chatters time to respond. Sometimes it helps to type your answer but not send it until you see what new comments have been added while you typed!
3. Be courteous and respectful.
4. Try to be in the chat room a little before the chat is scheduled to begin.
5. Themed chat will last 30 minutes after which you may remain in the room for visiting and general chat.

We hope to see you at the chats!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Looking forward to chatting with you about
Secret Santa...I've created the labels to share with you ....well....actually they are little minature cards...but I think they are rather cute!!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,408 Times in 1,736 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Excellent - looking forward to hearing tried and tested ideas and people thinking out of the box as well!!

C'mon, UK and European members (you know who you are) this is the perfect opportunity to get together with your fellow Festive fanatics (alliteration at 9.50pm - wow!) and have a good old natter whilst actually picking up some great tips.

7pm Sunday June 1st - in the Christmas Cupboard - Secret Santa!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I can't wait. Should be fun.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:06 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
No promises, but I'll do my best to get there at 2:00 or 8:00 EST.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Tasha has shown a merry disposition
I missed the first, but I hope to make the second.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,408 Times in 1,736 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Not at all Tasha - we haven't started yet!!! 35 minutes and counting until ignition....................!!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:27 AM

I thought it said 7 am for my time. LOL I guess I can't read.

Another question is where is the Christmas Cupboard Chat? I click on the chat link above (it doesn't say Christmas Cupboard) and it doesn't let me in. Says I'm invalid.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM

Oh I see. I was looking at the second and not reading the pm part.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
I thought it said 7 am for my time. LOL I guess I can't read.

Another question is where is the Christmas Cupboard Chat? I click on the chat link above (it doesn't say Christmas Cupboard) and it doesn't let me in. Says I'm invalid.
Disregard this above, I found it.