Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » All i want from my parents this year is one thing

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

ilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elf
All i want from my parents this year is one thing

My mother always starts asking me in july what i want for christmas. And usually i don't know. But i told her i want one thing. A treadmill or a x-box 360. Anyone else know what they want way way way before christmas even comes?

Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
Well, we talk about it. I tell them what I think I would get the most use out of and if they can't do it it's fine. This Christmas I'm pulling for a new computer because I've been using a laptop heavily as a normal computer, which isn't supposed to be done. It's kind of burnt out now even though I got it two years ago. It still works, but the battery does not last, keys are missing, and the power cord is detiriorating. Also, I think the speakers are starting to cackle. So yeah, a new computer would be great.

Problem is, I know what to ask for but I don't know what anybody really wants. That's the real problem.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
So, why don't you pull your mom aside and ask what dad would like and do the same to your dad. If you have siblings ask them to make a wish list and get one from the list.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Last Achievements

ilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elf
then i ask them what they want. My mother usually tells me. And all i get outta my dad is. NOTHING
Old 08-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Most dads are like that. That's why I suggested that you ask your mom what he would like. Usually it's something lame like why don't you get good grades or become a doctor. I had the same problem with my folks. I'd pick up my mom some piece of cheap jewelry and my dad would get handkerchiefs. Lame is as lame does.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Last Achievements

i usually do that. My real mother isn't with my father anymore. So i ask my stepmother.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
All I want is a job!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy View Post
All I want is a job!!!
Sugarplum! You aren't working right now i take it that means?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Jack Frost

I thought you were going to say something like, "For dad to lay off the booze for just one Christmas."

Cause that's what my kids want.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I want a telescope(i know it's nerdy but you can see a lot out here in the Dakotas, there's hardly any lights)but that's about all I want. My wife already gave me awhole list of things she wants. which is great because she always nothing!!!