Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Newswire Christmas Newswire.comBringing you news and headlines about Christmas from news sources around the web and from sites of the Merry Network, presented by Christmas Newswire. Members also use this area to share links to local Christmas news and events. Christmas is a year round newsmaker.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, LHansford

Old 10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,100 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Eggnog: A Colonial Christmas Tradition

It is a curious blend of ingredients that almost nobody would think of drinking. Where did we get it?

Read more...

Source: My Merry Christmas
For all things merry and bright about Christmas featuring news, advice, recipes, history and the world famous Update from the North Pole.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Eggnog

It came straight from heaven. It is a magical drink in that it weighs a ton when you hold a half gallon in your hand, but goes down so smoothly that you can drink it all with no problem.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SnowAngelChristmas is a new face around here!
mmmmm... Eggnog.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:58 AM
On the Naughty List

Having as recently as yesterday consumed what is referred to in the medical field as a "lethal dose of eggnog," I now am searching for an EA meeting. Problem is, my vision is still blurry and I am not fully committed to giving it up. And it is sooooo good! This stuff will be flowing from the faucets in heaven. I lost 30 lbs this year (really!) but have gained 25 in eggnog alone, just since Friday the 23rd. Eggnog ice cream, eggnog cookies.....
Old 07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i am convinced that the gods on mt olympus were drinking this!

you drink it straight or with a little sumthin???

brandy, rum, bourbon??

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
On the Naughty List

I drink it as it comes from the gas station cooler, no additives except perhaps cinnamon. I gave up anything alcoholic 25 years ago while in college. Just not for me.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
cinnamon instead of nutmeg??

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
On the Naughty List

I don't even know what nutmeg is, though I know it goes with eggnog. What is a nutmeg?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,095 Times in 2,453 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by sheepsnot
What is a nutmeg?
Oh, man. That's got to be one of the classic questions of all time.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

nutmeg:

"When Columbus sailed from Spain looking for the East Indies, nutmeg was one of the spices for which he was searching. Native to the Spice Islands, this seed from the nutmeg tree (a tropical evergreen) was extremely popular throughout much of the world from the 15th to the 19th century. When the fruit of the tree is picked, it is split to reveal the nutmeg seed surrounded by a lacy membrane that, when dried and ground, becomes the spice mace. The hard, egg-shaped nutmeg seed is grayish-brown and about 1 inch long. The flavor and aroma are delicately warm, spicy and sweet. Nutmeg is sold ground or whole. Whole nutmeg freshly ground with a nutmeg grater or grinder is superior to that which is commercially ground and packaged. Nutmeg is excellent when used in baked goods, milk- or cream-based preparations like custards, white sauces or eggnog and on fruits and vegetables--particularly potatoes, spinach and squash."

eta: from the cooks thesaurus

www.thyca.org