Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas & MMC to the rescue

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 07-28-2006, 11:39 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Christmas & MMC to the rescue

I don't know if the rest of you have spent too much time watching the news lately, but I am being dragged down by all the violence. I didn't realize I was reacting to it until someone at work asked me what was wrong. I apparently even look bummed out. There is so much killing going on due in part to greed and the inability to compromise. How can you guys help? Keep writing and talking Christmas and maybe I'll rise above it. Thanks for listening.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I hear you sheepsnot! Between everything going on in the news, global warming concerns, and family issues! I've been pretty down lately. Coming to these boards really lifts my spirits!

Brandy
Old 07-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i think a visit to the swamp is in order!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
The one from M*A*S*H? Oh, you mean Pogo's home! I sent that book to my brother and he loved it too.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
I agree...it seems to be an impossible situation. But how can anyone talk peace with terrorists who want to do us all in as their allegiance is to their terrorist, Allah. Not all Muslims are from this camp, however. To me the UN is a joke and does nothing to help. It is a very depressing situation. Just hate watching on TV all those innocents suffering because of this. This is a new war and very different which is nothing any of us are use to. It is also a scary thing to realize the terrorists have cells throughout the US.
I choose to think of Christmas and the merriment it brings but my head is not in the sand either.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,019 Times in 2,440 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Actually, this ongoing, never-ending conflict/war/battle/nonsense is really just an extension of the battle that was fought long ago...and that battle was central to the first celebration of Christmas. When I see the religious fervor placed behind the land grabbing and war rhetoric I'm reminded that the central message of Christmas isn't whose God has chosen a people or just who is entitled to sacred real estate...the central message is peace.

I don't think there will be much celebration of Christmas in those parts soon.

Jeff
Old 07-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
The Prince Of Peace

All the more reason why we needed that baby in a manger. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till he appeared and the soul felt it's worth. To quote the bumper sitcker No Jesus no peace. Know Jesus know peace.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lpstong is a new face around here!
I had to start limiting my intake of news after 9/11. Because I started to have the same feelings. And yes I noticed the spike in violence. If it isnt a conflict - war - crime in cities - reality shows about such things and what not. I watch about 30 minutes of day. And take up any other news in the newspaper.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:10 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I agree the news can get pretty depressing. It's a bit of a relief when the local news shows thirty cats and kittens seeking new homes instead of all the violence.

Remember the old saying "Peace has never been achieved through War", it's true.

When I don't want to listen to the news, I come and visit my favourite forums. Sometimes I'll re-read about the battle within of a once grumpy old man who said, "bah" to Christmas and later after being visited by three ghosts (and of course the Ghost of Jacob Marley) became a kind and peaceful Ebenezer.

If you are feeling down - Think Christmas! It does the body good!