Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,838
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

jack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elfjack_skellington_fan is a good elf
Ben gets to open one present on Christmas eve which is his special present from the elves so he looks smart for santa and when he comes - so its his new PJS

but apart from that we open all our Christmas presents on Christmas morning.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,934 Times in 9,429 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Just to cut down the anxiety of the kids waiting for Christmas, I use to let them open something small a week before Christmas. I do that with my grandsons now. As far as Christmas Eve and Day, we open gifts on both days.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
The kids get a gift from their magical elves Christmas Eve Morning that they can open that day - new PJs. Christmas Eve afternoon we let the kids open their gift from each other which is always a new toy plus they get to open one for their gifts from grandmom. Everything else gets opened on Christmas Day.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
It's Christmas morning for us, always has been, always will be. We never let our kids open anything on Christmas Eve. We felt it would be a let down for Christmas Day.

My grown children follow our lead but last year our oldest daughter had open gifts on Christmas Eve because her husband had to work Christmas Day and she didn't want to make the kids wait all day. But they really didn't like doing it Christmas Eve but sometimes situations cause changes.

My hubby usually saves one of my gifts and I might find it later Christmas Day. He did that last year with a gift, he put it in my new dishwasher and gave it to me before he hooked up the dishwasher. He loves to surprise me.

LOL, my mother use to forget where she put a gift so Christmas Day when I would be up the road visiting a relative or friend, I would come home and there would be a new gift under the tree.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Santa Beagle
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,512 Times in 392 Posts
Murphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMurphman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas day is when our kids get their presents from Santa and when my wife and I exchange gifts. However we wait until Epiphany to give the kids their presents from us. It is a way to celebrate the original date recognized for Christmas (Jan 6th) and to remind/teach the children about the wise men and the gifts they brought the baby.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Teresa has shown a merry disposition
We open all of ours now on Christmas day. When my children were younger we would do my inlaws on Christmas eve and do presents there and then do Santa and our presents on Christmas day.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Definately a Christmas morning person here. I never liked the idea of opening on Christmas eve.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,934 Times in 9,429 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Definately a Christmas morning person here. I never liked the idea of opening on Christmas eve.
Now that we are married, we do open some on Christmas Eve. I haven't heard you complain yet. Hehe!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

dancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elfdancer_90 is a good elf
I open 2 on christmas eve, 1 is always pj's and other usually a minature box of chocolates but last year my mum ended up giving me the wrong 1 and i opened up my lacoste perfume, oops
Old 07-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

BrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elfBrittanyMarie is a good elf
Last year my boyfriend and I were really bad about it. We usually will open 1 up on Christmas ever and the rest Christmas morning. Last year though we were opening up presents all the time it seemed like. We spent way to much money on eachother and had more gifts then we needed. It seemed like 2 weeks before Christmas we were opening a new gift every couple of days. This year we will wait until Christmas morning like we usually do.