Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,129
Threads: 54,234
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, H1095

Old 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

shireenstrachan13 has shown a merry disposition
My Parents has always made us wait until Christmas morning. We open our "Santa" gifts first, and then have Breakfast and then open the one's under the tree.. It's good.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

The Merry Marcils has shown a merry disposition
Amy and I allow eachother to open one gift on Christmas Eve.

When I was young we big family Christmas parties and Santa (my uncle) would stop by and give evryone 1 or 2 gifts.

I'm lucky my family was so cool back then! Great memories.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
I open mine on Christmas morning, first my stocking and then my presents under the tree.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

ChristmasRose has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRose has shown a merry disposition
For us, it's right after breakfast on Christmas Day. When our son was a little boy he got to choose and open one gift first thing Christmas morning -- the rest waited to be opened ASAP after breakfast was quickly gobbled up..!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
bell

Actually, my husband and I and my sister and her husband open our gifts on Christmas Eve. When all our family was alive, we used to open presents Christmas morning. My dad would be Santa and give out the gifts. On Christmas Day we get together with my two dearest friends and their family and we open gifts.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,173 Times in 15,261 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We open all the gifts on Christmas day, it is the first thing we do when we get up in the morning. Then we go to my in-laws and open gifts there, followed by going to my families Christmas get together the Sunday after Christmas.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Kids open one Christmas Eve,The rest is for Christmas Mornin'.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
We open 1 gift on Christmas Eve--always new PJs and the rest on Christmas morning. Christmas morning we do stockings first, then gifts under the tree, and then breakfast.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 AM

stephmcuk has shown a merry disposition
we open one on christmas eve but its always one i have specially chosen for my kids...Its basically new pjs, slippers and a christmas book.

All of are presents are opened christmas morning , first thing...when all of the pressies are open we have breakfast. then the kids play
The Following User Says Thank You to stephmcuk For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (08-10-2010)
Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
My husband and I open our presents to each other on Christmas morning. I am always the first to wake up ...the Christmas tree lights and the window lights are already turned on because I don't turn them off Christmas Eve. I then start up the Christmas music...make coffee...and then jump up and down on the bed shouting "ITS CHRISTMAS! ITS CHRISTMAS! GET UP. SLEEPY HEAD!!!"

Then we have our coffee while listening to Christmas music and looking at the Christmas tree...savouring every moment. We then unwrap our presents - taking turns.

Later on Christmas Day...after the family gets here and after dinner, we spend a couple of hours opening our gifts. We always do it one person at a time so that it lasts a long time!

I love this thread! I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-29-2010), Sanity Clause (08-11-2010)