Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 08-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Andrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry dispositionAndrex has shown a merry disposition
It's good to be back. I plan on sticking around this time!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:29 AM

skiparooney is a new face around here!
in the skippy house ...we all wake when the skiparoons do .. which is roughly 4 or 5 am .... they then come into my bedroom wiv their stockings that the Big FC has left over night .... after the stocking opening we all rush down the stairs and find out that "hes been!!" Then the fun begins and its wrapping paper everywhere and those iccle grey ties that tie on toys to cardboard everywhere .... chritmas day has now begun
Old 08-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
This may sound funny but Christmas "morning" starts the morning of Christmas eve. what I mean is this, we go to my grandmothers and hang out on christmas eve (this is really a all day thing 1PM-11PM) we also open gifts, thus Christmas morning starts Christmas eve.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:40 AM

lpstong is a new face around here!
Our present opening usually started Christmas Eve. It was a traditon since I was a child. But now that all my siblings and I are grown with children we had to work a little on this. We didnt want any disbelievers. But Christmas eve all the grandchildren would recieve family gifts and maybe 1 or 2 gifts from Santa if he made a quick stop before his other stops.

But Christmas morning was just for our spouses and children. It was our way to extend the presents as long as we want. And I come from a large family. So opening of presents at times felt like a marathon. Which was nice. 2-3 hours with the siblings and grandparents christmas eve than and hour or son in the morning with the children.

As far as when I was a child our times would usually be between 5 and 6 am. Just pure excitement. It was to hard to contain ourselves in bed. We tried to be quiet and snuck in front of the tree to touch everything on top of the tree and underr as well. It was fun.

My children are pretty much the same. A few times I would fall asleep on the couch sometime after 2 am in the morning. I would hear my son sneak in the living room as early as 3 am once. I was so tired. I had asked him to go back to bed and he said why? since santa was here already. My daughter heard us talking and decided to join in. So one year we had our presents as early as 3:30 am.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
well, we usually got up pretty early to open presents, but then last year, we waited until everyone got there, ate Christmas dinner, then we opened presents, then we ate dessert while watching Christmas movies
Old 09-02-2006, 05:41 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
usually about 6 or 7 in the morning. & we dont have kids. I just cant sleep
Old 09-02-2006, 09:14 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I was up at the crack of 8:30. Killer farmer hours!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
dont you mean crack o noon?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:08 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
What, me lazy? I haven't slept till noon in over a week.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
When we were kids (I have 3 brothers) we were not allowed to get up and go to our parents room earlier than 6:30am. If one of us got up earlier, boy were we in trouble. We had to go to my parent's room and sit on the bed while my Dad would go and put a pot of coffee on. He would come back with our stockings and then go out and bring the coffee in for himself and my Mom. He then would bring in a glass of orange juice for each of us kids. We were NOT allowed to start opening the stockings until my Dad came back. Of course, there was a lot of stocking "squeezing" but we never took anything out until we were told to start. Once we were finished with our stockings, we would go out to the living room to see what Santa left under the tree. My Dad would sit at the organ and play Christmas Carols. I miss those days.

Even though we don't have children, dvdguy and I get up between 6am and 7am - even if we went to midnight mass.

I agree that the Christmas day nap is very important.