Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Book Cottage Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,983
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,508)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Anne Perry

Since we will be reading A Christmas Guest I thought I'd gather a bit of info about this author. The book we will be reading is actual her third Christmas novel.

A Christmas Journey
A Christmas Visitor
A Christmas Guest
A Christmas Beginning

I'm think we should work with her on some more imaginative titles. LOL She also writes several other mysteries series type of books. One series features William Monk and the other Thomas Pitt.

She was born in London England in 1938. she is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and has written some books with a religious focus. From her bio she states that she was sick frequently as a child and at one time was expected to die with the doctor saying he would be back the next day to sign the death certificate. She alludes to a film Heavenly Creatures which she has preferred not to see...a mystery there... She said her, her family, and friends knew nothing about it until the day before its release??? I will have to investigate further...or maybe some of you will know the story behind this film???

Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
HOHOHO....our author has an interesting past....

See movie summary HERE

Her name was Juliet Hulme before she changed it to Anne Perry....interesting!!! Maybe we should follow up the book with a little movie viewing...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Last Achievements

Okay are you telling me that no one finds this interesting but me....????

She changed her name,....there is a movie based on the true story of her and a friend's plot to kill the friend's mom...plus some other interesting things...well interesting in the 50s anyway....not so much now days.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i am an old anne perry fan. never read her xmas stuff but love the mysteries. just saw this thread this very minute so i guess i need to do a little reading, huh?

maybe this is why her pitt and monk series' are so good!!!!

xox

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,625 Times in 12,682 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I must admit that I have already started reading the book. But I THINK I have a good excuse--my husband and I will be leaving on July 5 for an Elks National Convention in Anaheim. I will be computerless, but not Disneylandless for about a week (We only have a two-day ParkHopper); and I did not want to be behind when we get back. I am loving the book. For some reason, I love Grandmama. Maybe I am a bit like she!!! Now THAT'S scary!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

angiejo has shown a merry disposition
I have had to start reading already due to a busy schedule. i am half way thru...so far so good. angiejo
Old 07-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Last Achievements

Yes....click the Movie link listed above...it takes you to the movie summary...she is one of the two girls who plotted to kill the friends mother...