Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Favorite Christmas childhood memory

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,314 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,741 Views  4 Posts
Frankincense
By MMC Editor
06-08-2011 05:45 PM
47,365 Views  0 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,442 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Favorite Christmas childhood memory

Well I was wondering what are everyone's favorite Christmas memorys as a child.

Please post away
Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

hollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry dispositionhollybow has shown a merry disposition
holly

the best childhood memory is my mum putting golden glitter near the window or the door to tell me the christmas angel has been there... (I´m not grown up with Santa but an angel bringing the gifts for christmas...)

the worst childhood memory is that I was given a yellow plastic tree topper at the age of 8.... we did a sort secret santa at school and everyone got great things like chocolate or mini games .. little holly received a YELLOW PLASTIC TREE TOPPER...
The Following User Says Thank You to hollybow For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-22-2014)
Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
Hmm... not really Christmas related but one of my favourite early childhood memories would be during the summer where my closest cousins and I were on a big slide and one of those blue slide things with water spraying down it. For some reason I can remember that specifically so I find that a favourite childhood memory - and I am sure I can remember we use to get a lot of electric shocks ... don't like them at all :P.

Anyhow, my favourite Christmas childhood memory would be sitting in the living room in the morning in my nans house and I'd have the swivel chair with the presents on & some presents would be on the floor next to it - and I can remember the tree (as always) is on the left of the chair... but now obviously everything is changed around as they have now got new furniture...

Great Christmas pasts and a great time of year! My birthday is during the summer and obviously Christmas during winter/december so a great combination for any season .
Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

snowberry has disabled reputation
candle

I was 4 or 5. My older sister and I sat in front of a little open-faced gas heater on Christmas Eve and sang Silent Night and other Christmas songs. Funny. That's all I remember about that night, but it fills me with love. Since then, I've loved open fires and Silent Night.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowberry For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-22-2014)
Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Little Elf

The anticipation...and Christmas Eve was when it was strongest.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Buddercup

Mine hasn't changed, it was when my parents had no money, my dad made me a craddle for my doll, my mom hand sewed a blanket & made a pillow for my thumblina doll which they put in the craddle.
This is mammaduke writing, not Buddercup.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Making Christmas cookies with my mom! That is where I got my love of baking from. We started making Christmas cookies together last year and included my 6 year old daughter. We had a blast! Something we will be doing again this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-22-2014)
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I just remember the magic that Christmas used to bring. I still try to sit back and find the magic.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

liltattoo has shown a merry disposition
I think mine would have to be the year my cousin came to visit us. As her first gift, my mom had her reach her hand into a paper bag without looking. When she reached in and touched the plastic snake that mom had covered in slime, her expression was priceless!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Aggy has shown a merry dispositionAggy has shown a merry disposition
I remember when my grandparents and my mother's brothers and sisters (8 in all) and their families came to our house for Christmas. That apartment was so cramped but we had the best time of our lives. My father, grandfather, and one aunt and uncle are no longer here and around the holidays when I'm especially thinking of them I think of that time - a long time ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aggy For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-22-2014)