Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » does anyone know if there will be any new xmas films this year?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
does anyone know if there will be any new xmas films this year?

Hi

I love watching Christmas films and was wondering if anyone knew of any new films being released this year? I apologise if this has already been covered, I havent been on here in a while and I dont fancy searching through 3000 posts in my absence, lol.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:53 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,052 Times in 2,443 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
If you go up to the "Christmas in the News" forum you'll see a few postings about made for TV movies and new theatrical releases. The only I've heard about so far this year is another Vince Vaughn comedy in which he stars with Reese Witherspoon about a newlywed couple who have to juggle Christmas with both of their divorced sets of parents. Can't remember what it is called, want to say "Four Christmases" or something of the sort. They evidently have scenes mocking the Nativity in it, so expectations are very low.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
"Jingle Bell Rocks"

Thouugh I know this isn't exactly what you mean Kelly Ann, we obsessive Christmas music enthusiasts (most of which hang out at FaLaLaLaLa.com) can't wait for this!:

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
"Jingle Bell Rocks!" is Christmas music documentary in the making by Mitchell Kezin. Hard core Christmas music fans like myself are anxiously waiting for the finished product!

Kezine's latest blog entry includes an excerpt from an interview with Bob Dorough. You deep below the surface Christmas music fans will instantly recognize Bob from his composition of and vocals on "Blue Xmas (To Whom It May Concern)". For the surface skimmers, this is a collaboration with Miles Davis from the early sixties.

To my understanding, there will be more interview excerpts forthcoming. Hear them here - http://jinglebellrocks.blogspot.com/

Last edited by RadioJonD; 06-12-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Ive tried to find out about the christmas movies myslf,all I came up with was Harry Potter in Nov. and one other one I cant remember.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Ive seen some rumors, which I dont post on until i see some facts
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have seen a release date for Four Christmases of Nov. 26
Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
12 Fl OZ (2008 ). Drama. "For a family of five, America's worst nightmare will become their own. 12 FL OZ is a story of survival as a near destitute family struggles for redemption. But do we always make our own choices or does fate sometimes force its hand?"
12-24 (2008 ). Horror. "It's Christmas Eve, and a group of disparate characters are heading home for the night when the dead begin to rise and seek human flesh. Who will survive the onslaught?"
The 7th Claus (2008 ). Short, comedy-drama. "Billy and his friends went out for holiday spirits, but the holiday spirit was out looking for him..."
An American Carol (2008 ). Comedy. With Kevin Farley and Kelsey Grammer.
Boxing Day (2008 ) Comedy, direct to video. "Come meet the family."
Christmas in Paris (2008 ). Drama. From Belgium.
Cooper's Camera (2008 ). Comedy. "Dec. 25th, 1985: a dysfunctional family's Christmas disintegrates into madness once an estranged uncle shows up for the holiday. Told primarily through the eyes of Teddy, the youngest Cooper son, through the family's new Christmas present: a second hand VHS camcorder."
Detached (2008 ). Mystery. "Detached is a contemporary Scrooge tale set in the Hollywood Hills that follows Chadh Campbell, an unscrupulous mortgage broker, as he receives a stream of anonymous holiday greetings during Christmas Eve and Day. As Chadh searches for the perpetrator of this 'festive' assault he must face the unfavorable reality of just how many people he's harmed during his life, forcing him to confront how emotionally detached from those around him he's become."
Four Christmases (2008 ). Comedy. With Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughn. "A couple struggle to visit all four of their divorced parents on Christmas Day."
A Jersey Christmas (2008 ). "A ragtag group of store clerks get stuck working until midnight on Christmas Eve at Xmas-O-Rama, a shabby Christmas shop in a blue-collar New Jersey town. The store is run by Mike Malcolm, a shady, degenerate gambler whose debts suddenly catch up with him in the form of two thugs who have come to collect what they are owed. Mike flees to the nearest card game to try and win enough money to keep his "creditors" from breaking his legs or worse. Alone in the store on this busy night of quirky last minute shoppers, the diverse, mostly non-Christian employee's struggle with their "outsider" relationship to Christmas. While waiting for Mike's return, and more importantly their paychecks, the eccentric group reveal their individual religious pride, misunderstanding, jealousy and secret love for the spirit of ever-present Christmas."
One Lucky Boy (2008 ). Short. "A lonely boy finds hope and solace in a Christmas Tree that nobody wants."
Silent Night, Deadly Night (2008 ). Horror. "After years of systematic abuse in an orphanage and a tragic memory of his parent's murder, a man snaps on Christmas Eve and goes on a rampage, killing the 'naughty,' as his sister attempts to stop him."
The Sound of Silent Night (2008 ). Animated. "Austria, 1818: Disaffected orphan Marcus is recruited by his pastor, Father Joseph Mohr, to evict mice from their church organ. But the boy's efforts to preserve the rodent family's home leads to the instrument's destruction. Determined to bring home a replacement choir piece in time for Christmas Eve, Marcus navigates a crippling snowstorm, a saboteur owl, and his own lack of faith in order to earn redemption. With the help of Mozart (his faithful rodent pal), Ed (a moose who dreams he's a reindeer), and Ol' St. Nikolaus himself, Marcus discovers his true faith delivering home the classic carol Silent Night: a belief in himself that was hiding in his heart all along."
Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas (2008 ). Family drama. With Jared Padalecki, Marcia Gay Harden, Peter O'Toole. "A look at the inspiration behind Thomas Kinkade's painting The Christmas Cottage, and how the artist was motivated to begin his career after discovering his mother was in danger of losing their family home."
Wreck the Halls (2008 ). Family comedy. With Mickey Rooney. "When a group of retirement village residents and a children's choir are forced together by an adopt a grandparent program, they ensure everyone gets what they deserve for Christmas."
You Better Watch Out (2008 ). Short. "A dark comedy about two disgruntled brothers who kidnap a department store Santa Claus because they want to know why they never got the presents they wanted when they were kids."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
girlyfied (07-08-2008), HolidayHoney (08-22-2008), JOHNOR (08-17-2008), joyful (09-04-2008)
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
where is this info from?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Internet Movie Database. Search on release year 2008, keyword "Christmas".
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (07-09-2008)
Old 07-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Last Achievements

cool
I havnt seen any of this stuff