The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My Top Ten list would not be complete without:
All in the Family - Christmas at the Bunkers
Andy Griffith Christmas episode
Dick Van Dyke Christmas episode
Mary Tyler Moore 1st Christmas episode...
Remember when Black Friday was on Friday?
Imagine what will happen if the stores are allowed to stay open all night Christmas Eve until lunch time on Christmas Day! This year, more than 50,000 restaurants, bars, convenience stores and...
My Dog Sam
Dear Abby, I too was picked on when I was a child and I too turned to our dog Queenie. She always gave me love and she always listened. Bless you.
does anyone know if there will be any new xmas films this year?
I love watching Christmas films and was wondering if anyone knew of any new films being released this year? I apologise if this has already been covered, I havent been on here in a while and I dont fancy searching through 3000 posts in my absence, lol.
If you go up to the "Christmas in the News" forum you'll see a few postings about made for TV movies and new theatrical releases. The only I've heard about so far this year is another Vince Vaughn comedy in which he stars with Reese Witherspoon about a newlywed couple who have to juggle Christmas with both of their divorced sets of parents. Can't remember what it is called, want to say "Four Christmases" or something of the sort. They evidently have scenes mocking the Nativity in it, so expectations are very low.
Thouugh I know this isn't exactly what you mean Kelly Ann, we obsessive Christmas music enthusiasts (most of which hang out at FaLaLaLaLa.com) can't wait for this!:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD
"Jingle Bell Rocks!" is Christmas music documentary in the making by Mitchell Kezin. Hard core Christmas music fans like myself are anxiously waiting for the finished product!
Kezine's latest blog entry includes an excerpt from an interview with Bob Dorough. You deep below the surface Christmas music fans will instantly recognize Bob from his composition of and vocals on "Blue Xmas (To Whom It May Concern)". For the surface skimmers, this is a collaboration with Miles Davis from the early sixties.
• 12 Fl OZ (2008 ). Drama. "For a family of five, America's worst nightmare will become their own. 12 FL OZ is a story of survival as a near destitute family struggles for redemption. But do we always make our own choices or does fate sometimes force its hand?"
• 12-24 (2008 ). Horror. "It's Christmas Eve, and a group of disparate characters are heading home for the night when the dead begin to rise and seek human flesh. Who will survive the onslaught?"
• The 7th Claus (2008 ). Short, comedy-drama. "Billy and his friends went out for holiday spirits, but the holiday spirit was out looking for him..."
• An American Carol (2008 ). Comedy. With Kevin Farley and Kelsey Grammer.
• Boxing Day (2008 ) Comedy, direct to video. "Come meet the family."
• Christmas in Paris (2008 ). Drama. From Belgium.
• Cooper's Camera (2008 ). Comedy. "Dec. 25th, 1985: a dysfunctional family's Christmas disintegrates into madness once an estranged uncle shows up for the holiday. Told primarily through the eyes of Teddy, the youngest Cooper son, through the family's new Christmas present: a second hand VHS camcorder."
• Detached (2008 ). Mystery. "Detached is a contemporary Scrooge tale set in the Hollywood Hills that follows Chadh Campbell, an unscrupulous mortgage broker, as he receives a stream of anonymous holiday greetings during Christmas Eve and Day. As Chadh searches for the perpetrator of this 'festive' assault he must face the unfavorable reality of just how many people he's harmed during his life, forcing him to confront how emotionally detached from those around him he's become."
• Four Christmases (2008 ). Comedy. With Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughn. "A couple struggle to visit all four of their divorced parents on Christmas Day."
• A Jersey Christmas (2008 ). "A ragtag group of store clerks get stuck working until midnight on Christmas Eve at Xmas-O-Rama, a shabby Christmas shop in a blue-collar New Jersey town. The store is run by Mike Malcolm, a shady, degenerate gambler whose debts suddenly catch up with him in the form of two thugs who have come to collect what they are owed. Mike flees to the nearest card game to try and win enough money to keep his "creditors" from breaking his legs or worse. Alone in the store on this busy night of quirky last minute shoppers, the diverse, mostly non-Christian employee's struggle with their "outsider" relationship to Christmas. While waiting for Mike's return, and more importantly their paychecks, the eccentric group reveal their individual religious pride, misunderstanding, jealousy and secret love for the spirit of ever-present Christmas."
• One Lucky Boy (2008 ). Short. "A lonely boy finds hope and solace in a Christmas Tree that nobody wants."
• Silent Night, Deadly Night (2008 ). Horror. "After years of systematic abuse in an orphanage and a tragic memory of his parent's murder, a man snaps on Christmas Eve and goes on a rampage, killing the 'naughty,' as his sister attempts to stop him."
• The Sound of Silent Night (2008 ). Animated. "Austria, 1818: Disaffected orphan Marcus is recruited by his pastor, Father Joseph Mohr, to evict mice from their church organ. But the boy's efforts to preserve the rodent family's home leads to the instrument's destruction. Determined to bring home a replacement choir piece in time for Christmas Eve, Marcus navigates a crippling snowstorm, a saboteur owl, and his own lack of faith in order to earn redemption. With the help of Mozart (his faithful rodent pal), Ed (a moose who dreams he's a reindeer), and Ol' St. Nikolaus himself, Marcus discovers his true faith delivering home the classic carol Silent Night: a belief in himself that was hiding in his heart all along."
• Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas (2008 ). Family drama. With Jared Padalecki, Marcia Gay Harden, Peter O'Toole. "A look at the inspiration behind Thomas Kinkade's painting The Christmas Cottage, and how the artist was motivated to begin his career after discovering his mother was in danger of losing their family home."
• Wreck the Halls (2008 ). Family comedy. With Mickey Rooney. "When a group of retirement village residents and a children's choir are forced together by an adopt a grandparent program, they ensure everyone gets what they deserve for Christmas."
• You Better Watch Out (2008 ). Short. "A dark comedy about two disgruntled brothers who kidnap a department store Santa Claus because they want to know why they never got the presents they wanted when they were kids."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post: