Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Little things that make life great...

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,894 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,818 Views  4 Posts
How Santa Does It
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:19 PM
46,427 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2003
By MMC Editor
06-11-2003 10:59 PM
40,287 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,285 Times in 3,109 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great thread!!

Coming to this website anytime of the year & being able to find people who love Christmas as much as me, and being able to find something on the website at any given time that gives you the *warm Christmas fuzzies* – now that’s cool!

When I drive by my aunts house in the spring & see that her magnolia tree is starting to bloom. I always know spring is coming then!!

When I see the sign at the end of our road for Apple Cider in the fall at the neighbors Orchard. Mmmm, mmmm

Candles burning

Leaves changing colors / crunching under your feet

Trees budding out in the spring

The sunset

The sunrise

Big Fluffy Clouds

The 1st snow of the year ~ watching it snow from inside at home w/ candles burning

Having dinner outside

Clothes/sheets/towels dried on the line

Christmas open houses

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade & then Miracle on 34th Street after

Staying up til wee hours of the morning talking to an old friend/friends

A cloudy day (just every now & then...)

Seeing the sun & feeling it's warmth after a long winter

Coffee on a crisp fall morning (coffee is good every morning, but even better in the fall)

Watching Buckeye Football

I agree w/ Jana...Warm Fuzzy Socks!

When my niece(s) calls & want to watch a movie or go out to eat

Planting vegetable seeds in February & watching them sprout

Planting & harvesting the garden & eating the 1st ripe tomato right out in the garden…all warm, dirty, juicy & delicious! Lol!

When we are at the garden (which is at my parents house) & my parents come out to “watch” & the next thing you know, the neighbors who live in the next 2 houses (who are all in their mid 70’s to early 80’s) are all over talking gardening….now they are some wise folks! Those times make great memories!

Capturing the perfect picture (Thank God for digital cameras...)

Making/eating Sunday breakfast with our neighbors

A sunset cruise on our pontoon

Bonfires

Snuggling with my hubby

Candy Day (making Christmas candy with all my sisters/sil at my Moms)

Movie night...cuddling up in a blanket, lights low (or off) ~ watching a good movie

Finding the perfect gift

Buffalo wings & football

Having the whole family "home for Christmas" (at my parents)

Thanksgiving feast (all the wonderful smells & delicious fall foods)

Being greeted at the door by your dog who is ALWAYS happy to see you!

Waking up early & having extra time in the morning to sit & read, crochet, or surf the net while having a cup of coffee & everything is so quiet!

I know there are many, many more but I better stop….I'm at work! Lol!! I could go on & on….

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,285 Times in 3,109 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
great idea of a thread. Here are a few of my favorite things (very clever way to put it, Irishgirl) :

- Taking a walk with my dog in my neighborhood in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve, (technically Christmas morning) knowing that everyone else in is sound asleep anticipating a bright Christmas morning.

- Also walking in my neighborhood and looking at everyone's Christmas lights.

- Looking up at an airplane flying in the air a few days before Christmas and knowing that the passengers on board are flying home to see loved ones, perhaps for the first time in many years...and many wonderful memories will be created for those families.

- Watching It's a Wonderful Life on tv every year and knowing that everyone else in the nation is watching the same thing.

- my wife and son laughing together. That is perhaps the most beautiful sound in the world.

- There is a picture that I have that always brings me to a place of serenity. I have to share it with you. I believe it was an actual photograph at one point...if I could ever find a place like that I'd love to stay there for awhile. Here is a link to what the picture looks like. I have it hanging on my wall and you can find it at a Christian book store (that is where I purchased mine). http://www.pgrahamdunn.com/product_image.php?imageid=3409
Those give me the warm fuzzies just thinking about them! Great picture!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014), SparkleNana (08-22-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i love this thread, it always makes me smile no matter how down i am feeling.

all the posts are fantastic, but jana - yours really made me feel all warm and fuzzy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
JanaBanana (10-03-2008), snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Annette,It's true,right! lol Jana I said the same thing in one of my posts about my hubby,still makes ya feel great dont it?

*Snowball fights
*Gumbo on a cold day
*Clam chowdah (thats how I sound when I say it )
*Comfy sweater
*Fireplaces
*Almonds
*Apple picking
*Pumpkin picking
*Walking around Downtown Boston anytime of the year
*The Swan boats(boston)
* Driving to Vermont for the vew
*Sleding
*Sewing little treasures for the kids
*the feeling I get when the house is all decorated
*that same feeling knowing Christmas is comming...Im such a kid!

I really love this thread.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
*sons who still share the details of their day - it may be midnight, but it's worth it

*children's laughter

* a husband who can still make my heart flutter with just a wink

* talking to my Dad every day

* the smell of fresh cut grass

* a day at the beach

* the smell of a baby

* crawling into bed that has fresh sheets and blankets that were dried outside

* family reunions

* everyday life
The Following User Says Thank You to auntieclaus For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
listening to my son giggle....
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryNoel For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by auntieclaus View Post
*sons who still share the details of their day - it may be midnight, but it's worth it

*children's laughter

* a husband who can still make my heart flutter with just a wink

* talking to my Dad every day

* the smell of fresh cut grass

* a day at the beach

* the smell of a baby

* crawling into bed that has fresh sheets and blankets that were dried outside

* family reunions

* everyday life
You really hit all them for me! Also my husband coming home from work with something for me is a nice surprise, he does it often too. He drives truck and stooped at a truck stop last time and bought me a stone rooster! I just love chickens also.....
The Following User Says Thank You to misjordi For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

MerrySilver has shown a merry dispositionMerrySilver has shown a merry disposition
Oh gosh, where do I start? I love everyryone's answers so far!

- The smell of Scotch tape and new wrapping paper
- Watching children at play
- A cool afternoon with crickets chirping everywhere; a sign of autumn's approach!
- The haunting cry of loons on a lake.
- Colourful autumn leaves and wooly, wintery clouds.
- The first snowfall of the season.
- The smell of fresh-baked bread.
- Nice surprises in the mail.
- The first breath of spring.
- The way the outdoors smell on summer evenings.
- Gathering craft supplies.
- Cozy sweaters and hot apple cider on a cool day.
- The smell of turkey roasting while the Macy's parade plays on tv

Last edited by MerrySilver; 08-22-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: wasn't done :P
The Following User Says Thank You to MerrySilver For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
great idea of a thread. Here are a few of my favorite things (very clever way to put it, Irishgirl) :

- Taking a walk with my dog in my neighborhood in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve, (technically Christmas morning) knowing that everyone else in is sound asleep anticipating a bright Christmas morning.

- Also walking in my neighborhood and looking at everyone's Christmas lights.

- Looking up at an airplane flying in the air a few days before Christmas and knowing that the passengers on board are flying home to see loved ones, perhaps for the first time in many years...and many wonderful memories will be created for those families.

- Watching It's a Wonderful Life on tv every year and knowing that everyone else in the nation is watching the same thing.

- my son jumping pouncing on me in the morning, though being statled intially after a sound sleep isn't the most enduring feeling.

- my wife and son laughing together. That is perhaps the most beautiful sound in the world.

- walking on the beach in the fall. I used to be able to walk for miles on the Ocean City boardwalk. Also hearing the sound of seagulls, though they can be savages if you have food.

- There is a picture that I have that always brings me to a place of serenity. I have to share it with you. I believe it was an actual photograph at one point...if I could ever find a place like that I'd love to stay there for awhile. Here is a link to what the picture looks like. I have it hanging on my wall and you can find it at a Christian book store (that is where I purchased mine). http://www.pgrahamdunn.com/product_i...p?imageid=3409

Ocean City Maryland ???!?!??!?!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)
Old 08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
holly

What a great thread! Where do I begin...

- Cool Fall mornings
- Hot chocolate with whipped cream
- My 18 month old son giving me hugs & kisses
- Getting ready to start off my favorite time of the year which is about to begin (Sept is my wedding anniversary and the beginning of Fall, October is my Birthday and Halloween, then of course Thanksgiving and Christmas!)
- Getting new furniture (which Im in the process of now)
- Decorating (for all holidays)
- Watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV
- The smell of Pumpkin, Pine and Sugar Cookie candles
- When the radio stations start playing Christmas music
- Anything to do with Christmas

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-18-2014)