Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Reactions: 2 people

lilnoelelf

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Sep 27, 2010
Monroe, Louisiana Home of Duck Dynasty
Annette Funicello NEW YORK (AP) — Annette Funicello, the most popular Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club," who matured to a successful career in records and '60s beach party movies but struggled with illness in middle age and after, died Monday, The Walt Disney Co. said. She was 70.

She died peacefully at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, Calif., of complications from multiple sclerosis, the company said.

Reactions: 1 person

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Annette Funicello NEW YORK (AP) — Annette Funicello, the most popular Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club," who matured to a successful career in records and '60s beach party movies but struggled with illness in middle age and after, died Monday, The Walt Disney Co. said. She was 70.

She died peacefully at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, Calif., of complications from multiple sclerosis, the company said.
always loved her in the mouseketeer show and then in the movies! Wonderful lady.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
The NY Times is reporting that comedian Jonathan Winters has died at age 87

was just about ready to come and post this as well.. I loved his specials and saw him once live with rich little

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
The NY Times is reporting that comedian Jonathan Winters has died at age 87

A brilliantly funny and inventive comedian. He also made a one-man recording of "A Christmas Carol" based on Dickens' live-reading abridgment. His collection of answering machine messages was priceless.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
This is a bit late, but I just found out from Mr.---Frank Thornton, Captain Peacock on "Are You Being Served?" passed away on March 16 at the age of 92. He also appeared in the series "Last of the Summer Wine."

Here is a brief obit.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Pat Summerall, former NFL player and broadcaster passed away today at age 82. RIP

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
For all the star wars fans

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader."

reports that Star Wars actor Richard LeParmentier has passed away at the age of 66. He has appeared in over fifty films and TV shows, but is best known as Admiral Motti, who mocked the Force and Darth Vader's "sad devotion to that ancient Jedi religion." He pays for it when Vader finds his lack of faith disturbing and Force chokes him.

He also played a police lieutenant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit and worked as a screenwriter for British TV. It's unknown what caused him to die right now.

At one point he was married to British actress Sarah Douglas, who played Ursa in Superman II.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/16/richard-leparmentier-darth-vader-choking-victim-dead-dies-star-wars/

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Saw another post that says George Jones died
Thats a shame

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We lost actor Allan Arbus this week at the age of 95. He played psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on "M*A*S*H." He was a recurring character rather than a regular character, but I always enjoyed his performances when he was on the show.

Dr. Sidney Freedman, imparting dry wisdom to the 4077th's beleaguered staff, as he did in his final appearance in 1983:

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice; pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
We lost actor Allan Arbus this week at the age of 95. He played psychiatrist Maj. Sidney Freedman on "M*A*S*H." He was a recurring character rather than a regular character, but I always enjoyed his performances when he was on the show.

Dr. Sidney Freedman, imparting dry wisdom to the 4077th's beleaguered staff, as he did in his final appearance in 1983:

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice; pull down your pants and slide on the ice."
Yes I read about his passing, he was a good actor. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors