Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Mar 1, 2017.

1. CGYager

CGYager Santa's Helper in South Dakota MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Building on yours there Edge...
    Week #2 record: 19 - 12

Survivor 2-0 (Steelers & Seahawks) Next weeks pick is going to be Green Bay.

Edge612 likes this.
  2. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

You've got a 2 game lead over me CG. Well done...and I am unsure but I will make my picks on Wednesday as always. Still undecided on my Survivor pick. It's fun picking though.

CGYager likes this.
  3. Edge612

Week 3 Picks: San Francisco, Baltimore, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Minnesota, New England, Miami, Giants, Carolina, Tennessee, G.B., K.C., Oakland, Arizona

Survivor Pick: Carolina

CGYager likes this.
  4. CGYager

Okay and here is mine... Rams, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Falcons, Browns, Vikings, Patriots, Dolphins, Eagles, Saints, Titans, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders & Cardinals.

We differ on the Rams/49ers, Bills/Broncos, Colts/Browns, Giants/Eagles & Panthers/Saints... Good luck.

Survivor pick: Green Bay
    The Pack is Back!.jpg

Edge612 likes this.
  5. Edge612

G.B. is a good pick. We'll see what happens. Week 3 begins tonight!

CGYager likes this.
  6. Edge612

High Scoring Thursday Night Game!

CGYager likes this.
  7. SinatraClaus

SinatraClaus Chairman of the board MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

I didn't get my picks in before the powerhouse game last night, but for magic Sunday here is mine -

Ravens. Broncos, Steelers, Panthers, Bucs, Browns, Phins, Pats, Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks, Chiefs, Packers, Raiders, Cardinals

CGYager and Edge612 like this.
  8. Edge612

Weekend 3 of the NFL season. Hope it's going to be a fun one.

CGYager likes this.
  9. CGYager

High scoring indeed! Lots to do today, so my MMC time will be short today. But just as an update... Vikings say Bradford will be out again this week, so I hate to go against my team, but I'm changing my "Weekly Pick-em" from the Vikings to the Buccaneers.
    I'll catch up with everyone more tomorrow. Have a great day Edge and SinatraClaus.

Edge612 likes this.
  10. Edge612

Every time I change my picks I get it wrong lol. I hope you have good luck with your change!

CGYager likes this.
  11. CGYager

Looks like I have to join you on changing picks... lol. At least on the positive side, the Vikings might have a decent back up QB. What a 3rd week!!! The endings of the Patriots, Eagles & Lions games were nail biters if you had them as your favs. The Browns nearly beat the Colts, the Jets manhandled the Dolphins, the Ravens did not even show up :eek:, finally the Saints and Bears decided that enough with this losing thing. I guess the old adage of "any given Sunday" really came into play yesterday.
    To recap, I am (so far) 8-7 this week, so the worse I can do is 50%.

Survivor (and I do mean survivor): 3-0

This Thursday the oldest rivalry in the NFL... Packers versus the Bears.
    bears-vs-packers.jpg

Edge612 likes this.
  12. Edge612

How about my Jets? I'll give you my record on Tuesday. I lost at Survivor :( but I will continue to pick and keep track of my record.

Let's just say in my work league it comes down to tonight's game. I'm nervous. I've got a chance...I picked the Cardinals +3...I can't change it...I could but if I do and lose I'll really be mad lol.

CGYager likes this.
  13. CGYager

Just remember that you get three "lives" at Survivor, so press on my friend. I actually think the Cards, have a good chance to defeat the Cowboys...
    Cowboys vs Cardinals.jpg

DoubleA and Edge612 like this.
  14. DoubleA

DoubleA Next in line to Mr. Claus Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas Talk Alum

Workshop the Cowboys showed up this week! I need to add my picks this week.

Edge612 and CGYager like this.
  15. CGYager

And 50% it is!!!
    Overall for three weeks of the NFL 27-20. Just keeping my head above water. Good thing for me I don't bet money... lol!

Edge612 likes this.
  16. Edge612

Week 3 record: 8-8 (SEASON: 25-22).

Survivor 2-1 (Buffalo, Oakland, Carolina)

Work League: 10-5-1 (SEASON: 27-18-2) (Ranked #2 out of 27)

And last but not least I won the money this week in my work league cause I won a tiebreaker. I always want to win at least once a season. Maybe I have a shot at the top prize this year for the end of the year. Somehow I do better picking against spreads. Go figure!

CGYager likes this.
  17. CGYager

Yes, you do have a bit of an "edge" with the work league over just who wins/loses. But you are above 50% either way. Congrats on the financial gain for the week and I hope it carries over so that the end of the year does show a profit.

Edge612 likes this.
  18. Edge612

Already looking at Week 4 spreads/matchups. Will make my picks Wednesday here like usual. It's been an interesting 3 weeks so far huh?

CGYager likes this.
  19. CGYager

Very. Only two undefeated teams and yet five who have not won a game yet. Of course next week I believe the Browns play the Bengals, so one of them will be out of the "0" column. The bad part of that is one of them will be 0-4.

Edge612 likes this.
  20. Edge612

That's rare that only 2 teams are undefeated after 3 games.

CGYager likes this.