Almost pumpkin time!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
Very excited for fall myself! I think I am going to decorate this week. I don't know if I will get the outside done, probably will have to do that the next week, but will get it done soon.

My family goes to a place every year wear they have a corn maze, hay rides, etc. It's so much and we can't wait until this year again.

http://www.weaklandfarms.com/index.cfm

That looks like so much fun! =]

I think I'm going to go ahead and hang my fall wreath on my front door. I'll do the rest later in Sep. :)

Good idea!
I have a Christmas wreath and 'one all year wreath'
Maybe I could do something with the 'all year wreath' and make it more fall inspired! =]

Reactions: 1 person

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We have really never done a Fall wreath for the front door. My problem that I have is finding a wreath that will fit between the inside door and the storm door, without getting that squished look after awhile or you put a wreath up and you cannot get the storm door to close...

Sort of found this out the hard way for the Christmas wreaths that we were buying, they would look great in the store but once we got them home and hung on the door, shutting the door and keeping the wreaths looking nice, just wasn't happening....

This year, since I have the time now... is to find a Fall/ thanksgiving wreath that will fit and I will take my tape measure with me to the store.....

MerryNoel

Santa Clausologist
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 26, 2008
Toronto, Ontario * CANADA
I have tht problem sometimes with the bigger wreaths ... Actually we got a new door last year an have no hook now so that is why I am going on the outside

I hung some dried corn one year with raffia and a ribbon ... It was perfect size for between the two doors

Reactions: 2 people

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I think I will get a jump start on my fall decorations and go buy and plant some mums in the flower beds this weekend. We usually dont start decorating until late Sept fo Fall and then early Oct for Halloween.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
I have tht problem sometimes with the bigger wreaths ... Actually we got a new door last year an have no hook now so that is why I am going on the outside

I hung some dried corn one year with raffia and a ribbon ... It was perfect size for between the two doors

You want to hear something funny, my mother-in-law put her full size wreath up on the outside door in the spring and a robin built a nest in it. The funny part was that she couldn't use the door at all for over a month in fear of the mother would abandon the babies in the nest.....

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
My Mom had the same thing happen to her a few years ago. They used their back door until the birds were gone!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
we passed a big pumpkin patch the other day! Did not think to take a picture.
I was also looking at the potted mums and thinking how nice a bunch of them would look on my front steps!

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
I went yesterday and bought about 25 new Halloween decorative items. I didn't intend on buying so much but every time I looked down at my daughter I remembered how this is her first Halloween. It's her first everything! I went completely overboard but my house is going to look awesome! So fun!

I hung up my fall wreath. It's dark twigs with orange and yellow berries. And I sprinkled a few autumn chachkies around the house. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
19 days until the first day of Fall. We're almost at the two week countdown! :)

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
I walked my son to school this morning and it was 60 degrees outside! Fall is in the air!

My son decided for his birthday party this weekend, he wanted to decorate early for Halloween. So, my house now looks like our very own Halloweentown. He wants to mix an Angry Birds theme in there as well, so it's going to be a crazy fun birthday party! Can't believe my little man is six years old!

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
I walked my son to school this morning and it was 60 degrees outside! Fall is in the air!

My son decided for his birthday party this weekend, he wanted to decorate early for Halloween. So, my house now looks like our very own Halloweentown. He wants to mix an Angry Birds theme in there as well, so it's going to be a crazy fun birthday party! Can't believe my little man is six years old!

Thats like with me.my son birthday is in like 2 weeks.hes turning 3 on the 24th and my wife wants to decorate for fall but doesnt want it to clash with decorating for his party which he wants thomas the train by the way.i told her its possible to do both but shes not sure.wut do you think we should do??

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
I just want to make my son happy. If wants Halloween & Angry Birds, then why not? I say go for it! They only have one childhood! Have fun with it!

Reactions: 3 people

Spyells

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Sep 25, 2011
California
I wish I could go to the Magic Kingdom or to Disneyland for the Halloween party. It looks like so much fun! This is when I need small children to take them trick-or-treating. :boo:

Seawaters

MMC Christmas Angel 1954-2020
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 8, 2008
California
www.southernchristmasnights.com
Your decorations sound beautiful. Please post some pics!!!

I went yesterday and bought about 25 new Halloween decorative items. I didn't intend on buying so much but every time I looked down at my daughter I remembered how this is her first Halloween. It's her first everything! I went completely overboard but my house is going to look awesome! So fun!

I hung up my fall wreath. It's dark twigs with orange and yellow berries. And I sprinkled a few autumn chachkies around the house. :)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image