Always Turkey?

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
Turkey...always turkey.

I'm not a huge fan of ham but we usually have that at Easter but Thanksgiving and Christmas are all about the Turkey!!!

Reactions: 1 person

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Always Turkey for Thanksgiving....always my special glazed ham on Christmas :)

Michael Rielly

MMC Master of SantaClausology
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Aug 25, 2006
Rhode Island
jdrfoundation.org
Well, I am Italian. Growing up we had lasagna, sausage and peppers, meatballs, usually one or two few fish dishes, AND turkey!

Now on Christmas Eve we would always have the Feast of the Seven Fishes!

cheesy

Chillywilly

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 21, 2007
Northern California
Our tradition always includes and Ham and turkey for both Christmas and Thanksgiving. We were thinking of trying a pasta dish with crab this year. Still not sure if that will happen.

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Well, I am Italian. Growing up we had lasagna, sausage and peppers, meatballs, usually one or two few fish dishes, AND turkey!

cheesy

really? thats not that much food for italianscheesy

Rennabelle

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 5, 2005
Oregon
We alwas have ham and turkey also for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Along with all the other dishes.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
We always have turkey for Thanksgiving. Sometimes a ham too, but always a turkey. Sprial ham we have on Christmas/Christmas Eve and Easter! Im getting hungry!

:munch:

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
It's always turkey for us since I have been married. Back when I was a kid sometimes my mother would make lasagna, but usually turkey most of the time...sometimes both. We always had a lot of family come over so there was plenty of food...we had leftovers for 2 weeks.LOL

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA

cheesy

I am Italian as well....with a little Irish mixed in. My mom still makes lasagna on holidays still today.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Yep, ALWAYS turkey on Thanksgiving! Not just any turkey....my Dads turkey!!! Lol! My Dad makes the turkey every year...Mmmm, mmmmm! :carve:
Christmas is Smokehouse Spaghetti (my Mom makes it) :family:

Now I'm hungry....

M

MerryChristmasLydio

Does it HAVE to be turkey at Thanksgiving? My mum used to do a big ham alternate years and it was delish! Pretty much the same side dishes go with both, so no biggie.

So...are you brave enough to try something different at Thanskgiving or does it have to be Turkey or Bust?

Actually we have ham, turkey, and CHICKEN!!!! My 3 favorite meats! It's all cooked so good too!

M

MerryChristmasLydio

I am Italian as well....with a little Irish mixed in. My mom still makes lasagna on holidays still today.

I wish I were Irish. I love all sorts of Irish stuff. AND lots of Celtic music too. I wish I could speak Italian because it's sooooo cool. I like lasagna too. :D:D

Nathan8906

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
There are lot's of great things to eat on Thanksgiving besides turkey!

Lasagna is great, or maybe even a tofurkey for the brave souls out there? :)

It's not bad, honest!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Turkey and Ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas, gotta please everybody!

ahem, what is tofurkey?? ain't never heard of such a thing!!! Wait a minute, didn't they have one on "I Love Raymond" one year??

auntieclaus

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 12, 2008
At our house Turkey is a must (and all of the trimmings)!!! However, that's not to say I don't make baked ziti,lasagna or some other pasta too.

Nathan8906

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
Turkey and Ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas, gotta please everybody!

ahem, what is tofurkey?? ain't never heard of such a thing!!! Wait a minute, didn't they have one on "I Love Raymond" one year??
Yes, they did. I think it was made out of gelatin--it was ghost white and looked truly nasty.

Real tofurkey's are a type of faux-meat usually made with soy. They aren't for everyone, but they truly aren't bad cheesy

Have a good one,
--Nathan

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Yes, they did. I think it was made out of gelatin--it was ghost white and looked truly nasty.

Real tofurkey's are a type of faux-meat usually made with soy. They aren't for everyone, but they truly aren't bad cheesy

Have a good one,
--Nathan

Thank you and you have a good one too! That comment was my attempt at joking, I wish I liked tofu, much healthier I know, but to each his own! Merry Christmas!!

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Hubby and I love tradition so it's Turkey always for Thanksgiving, but I no longer do a whole turkey, it's Turkey breast.
Christmas is always Ham but if we have company I also do a Turkey breast, it just depends.
And of course New Year's Day is Pork Roast, have to start the new year our traditionally.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image