Always Turkey?

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
Turkey For Thanksgiving, Christmas..Ham,Sausages with peppers,onions,mushrooms,Lasagna, and lots of sides.

Reactions: 1 person

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
We always do turkey at Thanksgiving. Won't settle for anything else! We do Ham and a turkey breast for Christmas and my mom makes a pork roast for New Year's Eve. I used to bowl with a girl who hated turkey and her family always has steak for Thanksgiving!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I am cooking a turkey tonight overnight! I'll set my alarm for around 3 or 4 AM & stick the turkey in the oven & go back to bed. Then on my way to work tomorrow morning, I will drop it off at my parents & my Dad is going to carve it for me! I think I'm more excited about the smell of turkey baking in our house than I am about eating it!!! :grin:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We do a Turkey with a COUNTRY Ham
for thanksgiving.

OHHHH! My grandfather cured his own country hams, and we always had a plate of cold sliced country ham next to the turkey at any holiday meal at my grandparents' house. I sure do miss it.

When I was a kid, we never had a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving---because that was the morning my parents made their fruitcakes for Christmas. Contrary to what you usually hear about fruitcakes, friends and neighbors would BEG my folks to give them fruitcake for Christmas. I spent Thanksgiving morning next door at the grandparents', safely out of the way, watching the Macy's parade on their color TV set. At noon, my grandma gave me a country ham sandwich for lunch before I went back home.

Ladybugkisses

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Nov 2, 2006
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Most years yes, but we've been known to have other main meats as well. Some years we've had a ham, cornish hens, a pork shoulder and even a roast; my mum made one about two years ago that was so tender and delicious that I still have fond memories of that roast. Because my mum likes to offer people a choice when it comes to the holiday meats even when the menu includes turkey theres always another selection in which to choose from.

Since yesterday I found out that our modest gathering of 8 morphed into 10 we'll certainly have a smallish turkey and perhaps a roast of some sort or maybe a ham.

T.

jenifour13

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 17, 2006
New Jersey
One year my mom and aunt decided to try and do things besides turkey. That was NOT ok with me. Its been turkey ever since. Can't have it any other way.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Turkey For Thanksgiving
Ham/Swedish Meatballs for Thanksgiving
Something random for New Years

cruzin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Sep 15, 2008
Minnesota
www.wrapperville.com
We have Turkey and the whole nine yards with it. A couple of times we've added Enchiladas and rice and beans (mexican family, obviously LOL).

There's one year, for some reason, we had chicken mole instead of turkey. Don't remember who decided that one, but it was the one year only.

Gloria

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image