and speaking of trick or treaters....

J

Jinglebelle

:snowball: <--- I can throw snowballs... :D

yes, 2 blocks... er uh, crooked though... I can never throw in a straight line... go figure

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
was that more sarcasm? I dont think ive ever been called a cog

J

Jinglebelle

Wasn't there a clog factory on the Jetsons?? Or was it cogs...

J

Jinglebelle

Yeah... that sounds right!! Ok, she did call you a shoe!! HA HA!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
We have not handed out candy in a few years and will not anytime soon. We have 2 small kids that we take out. We only take them to the neighbors that we are friends with and then we head off in the car to visit family and close friends who are expecting us. By the time we get home most of the kids are home too.

When we did hand out candy, hubby would dress up (mask, gloves and army jacket or mask, helmet and football uniform) and sit still in a chair on the front porch and scare the older kids. Would never scare the little ones. Sometimes his brother would join him.
We always had an assortment of mini candy bars to hand out.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
DH and I don't get too many trick or treaters where we live right now because the apartment building where we live only has "interior" entrances (the kids would have to enter through the main door and then knock on the doors of every apartment up and down the enclosed hallways) and, for obvious safety reasons, parents discourage kids from entering complexes like ours whilst trick-or-treating.

The few trick-or-treaters we do get are young family members or children of friends so, because we know them, we usually have full-sized candy bars and little bags of goodies for them.

Reactions: 1 person

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
Where are you at in Illinois? I was born and raised in Antioch up by the Wisconsin border. We had the same problem in our apartment building, at least most of the people there were nice enough to let us trick or treat there without having to worry about what we were getting.

kgstyles

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Nov 12, 2006
Grand Forks, North Dakota
I was born in Chicago but raised in Hanover Park Illinois. Antioch is a nice place if I remember correctly. I lived in apartments my whole life up untill March of this year but in Hanover Park we had a lot of trick or treaters even though it was a bad neighborhood and enclosed apartment buildings. But when I lived in Las Vegas there was almost nobody trick or treating in my apartment complex which didn't have enclosed apartment buildings. I usually put tears of blood going down on my face as a costume and I hand out a mix of chocolate and sweet or sour candy.

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
Where are you at in Illinois? I was born and raised in Antioch up by the Wisconsin border. We had the same problem in our apartment building, at least most of the people there were nice enough to let us trick or treat there without having to worry about what we were getting.

I'm in central Illinois, about 2 hours south of Chicago. I google-mapped myself so you all can see where I'm at. :cry:

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
I'm in the middle of an old Mormon settlement and the kids here don't really trick or treat, what they do is a Fall Harvest or something called Trunk'r treating. The families all meet at the church and they have all their treats in their trunks or truck beds and the kids are all dressed up in their costumes and go car trunk/truckbed to car trunk. And they have little contests and so on. When I was in California, the kids would go to the Mall to trick or treat, most of the parents thought it was safer than going house to house.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image