Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Celebrating Rudolph Eve/Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Meceka, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I hear you on that! I'm working on a corner-to-corner entrelac-type pattern (also a Christmas afghan) that's built up in little squares. So many color changes, and SO many doggone ends to weave in! The squares are done in sc-ch 1-sc, so after I weave in the ends, a few of them poke through the ch-1 spaces, and I have to trim them back very close, which I'm afraid will make it poke through somewhere else. I haven't made this pattern before, so I hope not much of that happens! If it behaves, it should be impressive looking when it's finished.

DecemberisComing likes this.
  2. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

That sounds like a fun project! I hope the ends behave for you. Post a picture when you get it done or even as a work in progress!! :)

MerryCarey likes this.
  3. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Merry Rudolph Day Eve!

It's already the second Rudolph Day Eve of the year ~ time's going by fast for a February!

To celebrate today I am going to watch a Christmas movie or two, have a candy cane, and work a bit on the Christmas afghan. :)

Rich, Reindeer Herder and Dudley like this.
  4. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Merry Rudolph Day Eve, indeed

I redeemed a Christmas gift certificate for a massage and am going to put on some Christmas music, get my shower with some gingerbread scented body wash from Philosophy, and snuggle in to read Keeping Christmas while wearing Snowflake pajamas!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Rich, Reindeer Herder and Dudley like this.
  5. Meceka

Merry Rudolph Day!

Yesterday I only watched one Christmas movie, as I wanted to listen to some Christmas music while I was crocheting. It worked a charm as I had several yarn ends to weave in and it didn't seem as bothersome as usual. I now know the secret is to have happy music on! :)

Today I made a new recipe, Butter Pecan Blondies. They are so yummy! Definitely a keeper. I'm also going to watch another Christmas movie, this time one of my favorites although I haven't decided yet which one.

Be merry!

6. Meceka

What a wonderful way to celebrate!

7. DecemberisComing

Happy Rudolph Day/Night!

Rich likes this.
  8. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Our house sends along a Merry Christmas in February to One and All!

And also,... what was it that Meceka said, oh yeah - "Be Merry!"

Rich, Meceka and DecemberisComing like this.
  9. DecemberisComing

Happy Rudolph Eve #3. Today I am going to go through my Christmas Card list and send out cards to those who I think may need a little reminder that they are not alone. I think I may also address envelopes for my 2020 Christmas cards as I am going through the list while I listen to Vince Guaraldi and maybe sip a cup of hot cocoa. I am glad to celebrate a tiny slice of Christmas today and bring some joy into a dreary time.

Meceka, Rich and SnowflakeMom like this.
  10. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I may try to watch a Christmas movie tonight while I fold laundry...

DecemberisComing and Rich like this.
  11. Meceka

Merry Rudolph Day Eve!

Going to work on the Christmas afghan and watch something merry. Hot chocolate sounds a treat, too. :)

Be merry, my friends!

Rich likes this.
  12. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I need something to cheer me up...Chrimbo movie sounds good...The Christmas Card:)

Rich likes this.
  13. Meceka

Merry Rudolph Day 3!

Yesterday I worked on the Christmas afghan and watched A Christmas Romance and The Nine Lives of Christmas.

Today I plan on watching The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and The Christmas Card. I might bake something, too. :)

Be merry, my friends!

Rich likes this.
  14. DecemberisComing

Merry Rudolph Day #3.

I didn't address any Christmas cards, but I did send out 12 cards to friends and family. I continued working on the winter scene puzzle (slow going) and listened to more Christmas music. I am very sad to say good bye to this Rudolph Day, but I hope that by next month things will be a little brighter.

Rich likes this.