Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Celebrating Rudolph Eve/Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Meceka, Jan 24, 2018.

1. NovaMan

NovaMan The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

[​IMG]

DecemberisComing and *Vixen* like this.
  2. *Vixen*

*Vixen* Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I listened to some Christmas music earlier today and tonight I'm going to dress down in some festive pjs and watch a Christmas movie!

DecemberisComing likes this.
  3. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

Tonight I'm going to read A Christmas Carol. I've seen many versions of it dozens of times, but have yet to read it!

4. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I am looking forward to celebrating all 11 Rudolph Eve/Days this year.

I already posted in the Christmas Countdown Thread but one of my resolutions this year is to keep the spirit of Christmas at the forefront all year.

Meceka, NovaMan, Rich and 1 other person like this.
  5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I haven't been doing anything particular for Rudolph Days ... I just indulge in a little Christmas any day I feel like it. But Rudolph Days are great for reminding me it might be nice to indulge in a little Christmas!

6. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I, too, indulge in a little Christmas whenever I want, but I try to do something special for the 24th and 25th. This year I don't have a stockpile of holiday magazines to read, but I do have a lot of holiday recipes to try out so I am hoping to make at least one if not two new items. I am also going work on an Irish crochet afghan in my favorite color of Cranberry. It looks to be quite easy but does include weaving in a lot of ends, whip-stitching panels, and fringe so it will be time-consuming. One of my Christmas presents was a cardinal box stuffed with Red Hot candy canes, enough to take me up to Christmas if I have one on Rudolph Day Eve and one on Rudolph Day. :)

Rich and DecemberisComing like this.
  7. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Pictures of the afghan, please, when you’re done! It sounds like it will be gorgeous.

8. DecemberisComing

It is here! Rudolph Day Eve! It is very foggy here and I think that it is very fitting to honor the most famous reindeer of all!

Rich and Meceka like this.
  9. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Will do!

Rich likes this.
  10. Meceka

Merry Rudolph Day Eve!

A very dreary, rainy, slushy, messy day out today ~ perfect for a cozy Christmas movie! In a few minutes I'm going to get something to drink, find a movie to watch, and curl up on the chair. :)

Rich, Dudley and DecemberisComing like this.
  11. MerryCarey

We’re expecting fog and rain tomorrow. Great weekend to watch some video, work on a Christmas afghan, and/or try a new cookie recipe.

Rich and Dudley like this.
  12. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

MerryCarey, Have you made a Hungarian pastry called Balish?

13. Rich

Rich Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

HappyRudolphDay_1553528127.jpeg

KimB and DecemberisComing like this.
  14. MerryCarey

No, this is the first I’ve heard of it!
    I usually bake only during the holidays or from a box mix. But I’m going to try to bake more cookies, as I bought a high-end mixer with Christmas money this year. I’m really a mediocre baker, and too lazy to bake often.

15. DecemberisComing

Except for fighting a headache on and off today, I enjoyed Rudolph Day #1. I didn't do all of the activities I had hoped but I have 10 more left before we are back to the "Big Show".

16. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My first "Rudolph Day" - we've always celebrated "Christmas Eve/Day in (insert month)". Christmas music is playing and my year-round tree is lit in the den. Quiet and nice...all is calm, all is relatively bright.

Rich, DecemberisComing and KimB like this.
  17. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Did I see MerryCarey say that she was a "mediocre baker and too lazy to bake often" - I don't believe it!

18. MerryCarey

Believe it! It’s absolutely true.

19. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Merry Rudolph Day.

I gave myself a Christmas present of a manicure and pedicure.

Rich and DecemberisComing like this.
  20. Meceka

Merry Day After Rudolph Day!

I missed posting yesterday. :(

The Christmas afghan is coming along. I am working on one edge of the first panel and still have all the ends to weave in (one of my least favorite tasks!). The plan is to work on it only on Rudolph Day Eve/Day and during Christmas in July so it will be done by the end of October. I also made a new recipe, but it needs tweaking.

Rich, DecemberisComing and MerryCarey like this.