Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Last year we kept a tally of famed individuals that had passed on through the year, even going so far as to keep a list of predictions. For some, this is a morbid exercise that pokes fun of the dead and makes light of tough situations. We contend it is not, but nearly another way we mark time and "remember when" as each holiday season passes by.

I'm very late in getting a thread together this year. And today -- as we mark the passage of a truly great Hollywood legend, Elizabeth Taylor -- I thought it best to finally, um, resurrect this thread and post my official picks for this year as I originally posted them on my personal blog in January (note that Liz didn't make the list this year):

1. Kim Jung Il — (he may already be dead for all we know)
2. Bob Dole — (Sorry Bob, all your recent hospital visits have me worried)
3. Dick Cheney
4. Betty Ford
5. Zsa Zsa Gabor
6. Harry Morgan
7. Olivia De Havilland
8. Jerry Lewis
9. Fidel Castro
10. Lindsay Lohan

Feel free to post your own predictions and I promise no one will make fun of you for being weird.

This isn't an exercise in the morose. In fact, it is a grand Internet tradition.

Here's a list of folks we've already lost in 2011:

1. Elizabeth Taylor
2. Jack LaLanne
3. Gerry Rafferty
4. Jane Russell
5. Nate Dogg
6. Len Lesser
7. Betty Garrett
8. John Barry
9. Charlie Callas
10. David Nelson
11. Michael Gough

If you know of any others, please post them in tribute (or infamy, depending on who it is...)

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
I'll put Charlie Sheen out there though I think he'll live just long enough to make me wrong.

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
When did Nate Dogg bite the dust??

this one really hit me....I knew about his health issues ( multiple strokes and everything) but was always praying for a recovery for him.......everytime I hear him sing the chorus of Warren G´s Regulate....my is right back in the mid 90s when I was a teenager....he was the voice of West-Coast Hip hop in the 90s

Reactions: 1 person

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
I hate to say it, but Mickey Rooney @ 90 yrs old
Poor guy has no money & has been in court recently trying to get family members out of his business

gabulldawg

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 29, 2010
Hill AFB,Ogden Utah
this one really hit me....I knew about his health issues ( multiple strokes and everything) but was always praying for a recovery for him.......everytime I hear him sing the chorus of Warren G´s Regulate....my is right back in the mid 90s when I was a teenager....he was the voice of West-Coast Hip hop in the 90s

OH I know it! I had NO idea How I missed the news of his passing! that is why it surprised me so much to see his name here!R.I.P :(

Last edited:

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
1) Dick Cheney
2) Nancy Reagan
3) Zsa Zsa Gabor
4) Steve Jobs
5) Billy Graham
6) Abe Vigoda
7) Dick Clark

brittd19

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Oct 20, 2009
Canada
amy winehouse passed away yesterday.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
rip amy...you were a troubled soul and I was always afraid this might happen....it is terrible to watch people destroy themselves and nobody can really help....rip

Reactions: 2 people

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
We lost Bubba today...

Charles Aaron “Bubba” Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1967 NFL draft who later found fame as an actor, has died at the age of 66.

After ending an All-American career at Michigan State in 1966, Smith was taken first in the draft by the Baltimore Colts. He played on Baltimore’s defensive line for five years, then was traded to the Oakland Raiders, where he played in 1973 and 1974, and finished his career with the Houston Oilers in 1975 and 1976.

The 6-foot-7, 265-pound Smith was one of the biggest players of his era. He won a ring at Super Bowl V and went to two Pro Bowls.

After retiring, Smith became an actor. He was best known for playing Moses Hightower in the first six Police Academy movies.

RIP, Bubba. I loved you as a football player.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image