Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good morning everyone, Happy Thursday!
I'm having my coffee and enjoying some peace and quiet. Everyone will be waking up soon so I'm going to start cooking breakfast in a few minutes. Maggie has a groomer appointment this morning. I'm also going to the mall later this afternoon to buy a Mothers Day gift. Other than that I'll be working on my daily chores and squeezing a workout in at some point. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Morning HMG! Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Cinco De Mayo! I have about 3 hours of OVT this week and counting (not quite anything compared to xmas365 but still). Only goal is to leave on time Friday which my supervisor says she's not working late Friday. I'm all for that. Anyway, it's another chilly (as in I'm wearing my hoodie at work) and cloudy day here. We may (MAY) see some sunshine by Saturday. The last time we saw it was last Saturday so that'd be a full week without the sun. I await Brent posting the count. If for some reason he can't I will cover for him later.
Have a great Cinco De Mayo everyone!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good rainy Friday Eve Friends!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It's another one of my "favorite days of the year" :D:D:D

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! WOOT!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Thankfully it's almost quitting time!!! :D

My hubby went to the nursery today where we have a gift certificate from our neighbors to plant a tree in memory of my Dad. The cert. is over a year old so we need to use it up. He ordered a Japanese Zelcova! :) They don't give those things away. Yikes!! But I'm so excited to see it! :D Here is a pic of one in the fall:

You all have a wonderful evening! See you tonight! I may be late....our friend is having $1 margarita's at the legion tonight in honor of Cinco de Mayo! :D

-santa dance-
What a beautiful tree and I hope you enjoyed your margarita!! I think I may have a corona light w/ lime tonight!

I just got done with two days of training at work. I don't think my brain can hold any more new information. There wasn't much room to begin with. ;)#braindead :confused:
Hope you got a chance to relax...happy Friday Eve!

Good evening,

I put in over 12 hours at work today, heading to what looks like at least a 52 hour work week. I haven't done that much in years. Tomorrow may be the same. I am beat, and my alarm will be going off at 4am.

My grandfather had the tests done on that spot on his lung and it came back as cancer, with his age they feel there isn't much they can do. I don't know what the future holds, but my grandfather has said he just wants to see my grandmother again.

I hope you all had a good day.

Goodnight, everyone
Sorry to hear about your grandfather...many prayers for him and hope you can get some rest.

Good morning!

Although I've been up since before 2, I don't feel all that awake yet. More coffee and then a few chores to do before work ~ store tasks today. Research and paperwork is on tap ~ should be interesting!

Have a Merry day!
Have a great day Meceka!

Good Morning, friends~
Merry Friday Eve!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!

We had a frost advisory overnight, and high temps tomorrow of 85 degrees! Craziness!!!

Wishing you all a blessed & beautiful day~

View attachment 23127
Merry Friday Eve and Happy Cinco de Mayo!! So jealous of your weather...we are still stuck with showery, chilly and gloomy weather!
Have a great day!

Good morning friends.

Have a great day!
Have a wonderful day Ryan!!

Good morning everyone, Happy Thursday!
I'm having my coffee and enjoying some peace and quiet. Everyone will be waking up soon so I'm going to start cooking breakfast in a few minutes. Maggie has a groomer appointment this morning. I'm also going to the mall later this afternoon to buy a Mothers Day gift. Other than that I'll be working on my daily chores and squeezing a workout in at some point. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Merry Friday Eve HMG!! Enjoy your day!

Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Cinco De Mayo! I have about 3 hours of OVT this week and counting (not quite anything compared to xmas365 but still). Only goal is to leave on time Friday which my supervisor says she's not working late Friday. I'm all for that. Anyway, it's another chilly (as in I'm wearing my hoodie at work) and cloudy day here. We may (MAY) see some sunshine by Saturday. The last time we saw it was last Saturday so that'd be a full week without the sun. I await Brent posting the count. If for some reason he can't I will cover for him later.
Have a great Cinco De Mayo everyone!
Happy Cinco De Mayo, Edge!! I don't blame you for not wanting to work OT on a Friday either! No sun here either....ugh! Hope you have a good day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That is a beautiful tree! What a thoughtful & lovely gift from your friends.
I'm sure it will make you smile and bring you peace and joy. xx

Have fun at the legion!
Have a margarita for me :)
Thank you! I hope it's a beautiful tree. We picked it solely based on pictures! :mad: We got it from a local nursery & they are very good - she said it's a beautiful tree, but they didn't have any on property to look at, so they are ordering it in. xx
I never made it to the legion last night! My hubby went, but he didn't even have a margarita! :eek: He got home from the bicycle shop late & didn't leave for the legion until 9:15 - I was already in my sweats, cozy at home. Lol! I told him we are going out tonight to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I just got done with two days of training at work. I don't think my brain can hold any more new information. There wasn't much room to begin with. ;)#braindead :confused:
Hope you remember everything you learned!! :D

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday Eve and Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Another dreary day here in CT..we need some sun, hopefully this weekend. Just work today and I want to get in a workout at some point. I fell asleep so early last night..I didn't make it to the Pines!:oops: Hope you all have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That's where I was, but I caught myself in a weak moment and did the evil(?) deed. She's always been a very healthy specimen---a few growth spurts (new leaves/branches) during the year, and blooming twice a year! So I hope she can withstand my amateur plant care efforts.
I'm sure it will be fine. I know in the back of my brain I need to trim mine back, it's best for it. But darn, why is that so hard to do?? :mad: I have a friend who use to own a greenhouse - she still has a small greenhouse. She grows things for herself, family & friends - she keeps telling me I need to cut that thing back, but it makes me nervous! Lol

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Merry Friday Eve and Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Another dreary day here in CT..we need some sun, hopefully this weekend. Just work today and I want to get in a workout at some point. I fell asleep so early last night..I didn't make it to the Pines!:oops: Hope you all have a great day!
Yeah maybe by the weekend I'm hoping they said it might improve!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I've been away too long! I'm busy in America's Capitol. But, I wanted to say hi and report that Christmas is being celebrated in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. At least in their gift shop...

Have a great day!
LOVE IT RYAN!!! -tree- Hope you are having a blast exploring!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

I put in over 12 hours at work today, heading to what looks like at least a 52 hour work week. I haven't done that much in years. Tomorrow may be the same. I am beat, and my alarm will be going off at 4am.

My grandfather had the tests done on that spot on his lung and it came back as cancer, with his age they feel there isn't much they can do. I don't know what the future holds, but my grandfather has said he just wants to see my grandmother again.

I hope you all had a good day.

Goodnight, everyone
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that about your Grandpa! Hugs & prayers to all of you! I'll be thinking of you all!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning, Holiday!
It is a great place. In fall, the outside is decorated with corn stalks, pumpkins, and mums ~ gorgeous! I really need to make the time to go there!!
Have a Merry day!!

Yes, baking bread always makes a house smell amazing! It was very tasty, but the loaf didn't rise as much as I would have liked. 9-grain bread is rather dense. Though I had the oven on to warm the top of the stove, it still might not have been warm enough to rise properly. This morning on Cook's Country they featured a recipe for Dakota bread and it had 7-grain cereal in it. I so have to try it!

Thank you so much, Holiday!!
xx

Beautiful tree!
Hope you had a blast last night!!

Yep, I agree! You should take time to go there, enjoy & then share pics with us! :D Sounds amazing!

I now have Emma's bread recipe. It's not a healthy 9 grain bread - just a basic Amish white bread, but WOW is it good! I haven't tried to make it myself. I'm sure it won't be as good as Emma's! ;) But most any homemade bread is delish! Even if it doesn't taste great...the house smells wonderful! :)
And thank you! I'm excited to get the tree! :D I had a blast last night watching Fuller House. Ha ha!

Good morning!

Although I've been up since before 2, I don't feel all that awake yet. More coffee and then a few chores to do before work ~ store tasks today. Research and paperwork is on tap ~ should be interesting!

Have a Merry day!
Cheering you with a mug of coffee this morning! I hope you have a great day! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Morning friends,
Having Monday as a holiday has confused my timing a bit. Keep thinking it's a day earlier than it is. The heatwave is here and we are expected to reach as high as 18C this afternoon!!!!! Summer is on everyone's mind. Hope we get these temps during summer.
-sun-

Things are hectic but I will pop in when I can. I may not be able to keep up or reply to everyone but wishing everyone the best.

P S Happy Cinco De Mayo
View attachment 23126

Happy Cinco De Mayo my friend!!! Woo Hoo!
I hope you have some time to enjoy that beautiful weather you are having!!! Have a great day!!!

-smile-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image