Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday evening! Hope everyone had a great first day of Spring. Here the temperatures were definitely Spring-like. We got a nice surprise at work when a local bakery in the power center where we are situated delivered two boxes of mini cupcakes in celebration of International Happiness Day! What a random and fun surprise! We drew names and the winners enjoyed their treats. Now time for supper, have a great evening everyone!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good evening, Christmas friends! First day of Spring saw us hit 83 degrees. Someone got a little too much sun and got burned.

First day of spring break was fabulous. Got to spend some time in the garage and then went to the school and did some mowing and weed eating. Will do more tomorrow...going to be another nice day.

Big news...I got a promotion. I was named the superintendent of our school district last Monday. At the beginning of next week, I have to go out of town for some training. The good news is that when I go on the road, I will get to spend some down time looking at Christmas stuff!!!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Look what was going up at Crabtree Valley today. That....um....other character's abode.
(Happy Easter)

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Wishing you a great week & a great spring HMG!!! Have a great Monday too! ;)

Thank you so much <3

Thanks HMG! I agree!! If only I could get paid to stay home & comfort her in the storm! :p
It's still raining but it seems the thunder has passed for now. I turned on the tv, & a few lamps in the basement for her, so she shouldn't be able to hear too much down there...she might get brave & go back upstairs if it doesn't thunder again!

You're an awesome mama Holiday. Please give Miss Gracie a hug for me!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good evening, Christmas friends! First day of Spring saw us hit 83 degrees. Someone got a little too much sun and got burned.

First day of spring break was fabulous. Got to spend some time in the garage and then went to the school and did some mowing and weed eating. Will do more tomorrow...going to be another nice day.

Big news...I got a promotion. I was named the superintendent of our school district last Monday. At the beginning of next week, I have to go out of town for some training. The good news is that when I go on the road, I will get to spend some down time looking at Christmas stuff!!!!

Congratulations on your promotion!!!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

Just a quick pop in tonight, I am very tired. Today was my youngest's 9th birthday, I can't believe he is that old already. I joined MMC when he was 1 year old, just amazing. Tomorrow JP has his first lacrosse practice, no baseball this year for him.

I hope you all had a great day, Happy spring.

Goodnight, everyone

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
I always look at Memorial Day as being the biggest turning point cause then you're really heading into summer pretty much. Then it's just one really long road through the summer with at the end of it everything starting all over again (The Bers). We have 10 weeks till that starts up so 70 days from now.

My turning point is the 4th of July, just because it's the last major holiday until Halloween. And I've always considered June and July to be sort of sibling months, so when June 1 hits, I get excited that once June/July is over, it will be about time. Because in a lot of ways I get the holiday wheels turning in my head come August, just given that it's one month until the Ber season. Not to mention by mid-August you can already start seeing a lot of signs of Halloween coming out. So once those become prominent, it starts. But officially officially, it definitely begins on September 1.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
When I went to lunch the sun was shining so bright. It was 52º, just a slight breeze. Beautiful. Now the clouds moved back in & it's raining, dark & rumbling around out there again! Darnit. Good thing I left the basement door open & the tv on for Miss Grace! :oops:
One thing I love is that now, for the most part, most times when you go out to lunch at work it's going to be at least decent to nice weather (as in not freezing cold) and the next time it starts to really "chill down" a bit we'll be heading straight towards the holiday season!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
My turning point is the 4th of July, just because it's the last major holiday until Halloween. And I've always considered June and July to be sort of sibling months, so when June 1 hits, I get excited that once June/July is over, it will be about time. Because in a lot of ways I get the holiday wheels turning in my head come August, just given that it's one month until the Ber season. Not to mention by mid-August you can already start seeing a lot of signs of Halloween coming out. So once those become prominent, it starts. But officially officially, it definitely begins on September 1.
4th of July is a good one. I've noticed the last few years once 4th of July comes you start seeing "Back to School" stuff out in the stores and even some Halloween items start to slowly appear later in July around here.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tuesday MMC! Monday I was a little tired and I definitely notice sometimes on a Monday I feel more tired than any other day of the week. No wonder Monday has a bad reputation. Even when I got home I had a slight headache and I'm not someone who ever gets headaches really. But any time I do 9 times out of 10 its on a MONDAY. Wonder why? Lol...anyway today's at least not Monday so that's a good sign and I have to say I do love the fact we're in spring and under a month till Easter. Lots to look forward to going straight on from here. Have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Fellow Citizens of the great MMC Nation!

Rise, shine and read the count numbers with your beverage of choice. (Hopefully, tea.)

Days to the Season: 237
Days to Christmas Day: 279

Down to FIVE short days, my Friends.
That's the remaining time that separates us from the ONE QUARTER Milestone marker to Christmas Day 2017.
(How can we be so close already to Milestone number five?? The year is really rolling by!)

Warmer yesterday. A very light jacket was all that was needed to feel comfortable.
Today, even that will not be necessary, as we are predicted to climb into the upper 70's by this afternoon.
Currently, we have started off at a pleasant for late March 52 degrees here in central North Carolina.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good foggy morning MMC!!! Merry Tuesday!! No school delays today but I think it's foggier now than it was 30 minutes ago! Does that mean a warm up is coming??? :) xx Last I saw it was forecasted to be cloudy all day.
Nothing major going on here today. Just working & then I'm excited to try a new meal for tonight. A new recipe I saw on FB for Patty Melts - and I'm going to try to make Emma's homemade bread! (for the patty melts) Wish me luck! :mad:
Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Oh she looks so sad. Just want to hug her poor little thing.
I know! :( She made me feel so bad, leaving her! BUT she was all good 'n crazy again when I got home from work last night! :D :p
Happy Tuesday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Fellow Citizens of the great MMC Nation!

Rise, shine and read the count numbers with your beverage of choice. (Hopefully, tea.)

Days to the Season: 237
Days to Christmas Day: 279

Down to FIVE short days, my Friends.
That's the remaining time that separates us from the ONE QUARTER Milestone marker to Christmas Day 2017.
(How can we be so close already to Milestone number five?? The year is really rolling by!)

Warmer yesterday. A very light jacket was all that was needed to feel comfortable.
Today, even that will not be necessary, as we are predicted to climb into the upper 70's by this afternoon.
Currently, we have started off at a pleasant for late March 52 degrees here in central North Carolina.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! I see that 1/4 marker right ahead of us now!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday morning! I have veggie burritos cooking in the oven, as I'm working the afternoon/evening shift. Cloudy skies, chance of rain and then a cold snap again tomorrow, hopefully the last cold day of Spring. Have a great day everyone!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Monday evening! Hope everyone had a great first day of Spring. Here the temperatures were definitely Spring-like. We got a nice surprise at work when a local bakery in the power center where we are situated delivered two boxes of mini cupcakes in celebration of International Happiness Day! What a random and fun surprise! We drew names and the winners enjoyed their treats. Now time for supper, have a great evening everyone!
How awesome! What a nice surprise!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Congrats on your promotion!!! Hope that all goes great for you! Good luck!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Look what was going up at Crabtree Valley today. That....um....other character's abode.
(Happy Easter)
Looks like it will be beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day crown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image