Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Thrilled that I have the day off today and Monday! I've worked 16 hours of overtime the last week and a half so the time is time I've already worked, but get off since I'm salaried and don't get paid overtime! It feels great to have time to actually take care of things around the home.

Hope everyone has a lovely day! Happy Friday Eve!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! Day 1 of 5 days off. Had to work 12 hours yesterday to get everything done but finally some much-needed time off. Getting our Winter tires changed today and will be picking up our passports as well. Time to chose where we'll go at the end of May. Hope everyone is well and wishing all a great day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful day here in Bellville! Well, except for my yard...and my pool. My pool is as green as I wish my lawn was.:D And it's time to mow the lawn...and Elizabeth wants to plant the garden. Busy, busy, busy!

Today is Nancy's mom's birthday, and I think Mrs. Hilda wants a boiled hot dog for her birthday LOL. She catered a hundred weddings in the past, but she certainly doesn't have fancy taste in food for herself. :D

I was watching The Princess Bride Tuesday night, and my eyes were always drawn to the Santa Claus on the wall behind Fred Savage's character. It's like I always tell my kids; you can find Christmas anywhere, if you look for it.

I hope y'all have a great day! :)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

It's a beautiful day here in Bellville! Well, except for my yard...and my pool. My pool is as green as I wish my lawn was.:D And it's time to mow the lawn...and Elizabeth wants to plant the garden. Busy, busy, busy!

Today is Nancy's mom's birthday, and I think Mrs. Hilda wants a boiled hot dog for her birthday LOL. She catered a hundred weddings in the past, but she certainly doesn't have fancy taste in food for herself. :D

I was watching The Princess Bride Tuesday night, and my eyes were always drawn to the Santa Claus on the wall behind Fred Savage's character. It's like I always tell my kids; you can find Christmas anywhere, if you look for it.

The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourite movies. Hope work on your yard goes swiftly. Enjoy the birthday dinner for your MIL. Simple is always best.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Our paper chain is getting shorter in the playroom. I hung it from the icycle lights on the roof and its now off of 1 wall.
It's getting closer!! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Friday Eve....a dreary day today and some rain. Just my usual working today and hoping to get in a workout. Hope you all have a great day!
Hope you have a great day SFM!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thrilled that I have the day off today and Monday! I've worked 16 hours of overtime the last week and a half so the time is time I've already worked, but get off since I'm salaried and don't get paid overtime! It feels great to have time to actually take care of things around the home.

Hope everyone has a lovely day! Happy Friday Eve!
Enjoy your day off!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning! Day 1 of 5 days off. Had to work 12 hours yesterday to get everything done but finally some much-needed time off. Getting our Winter tires changed today and will be picking up our passports as well. Time to chose where we'll go at the end of May. Hope everyone is well and wishing all a great day!
How exciting to be planning a trip!! Enjoy your days off ~ I hope get to enjoy some nice weather!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Hilda!!!
Good luck with the pool - and the lawn - and the garden! Does Elizabeth know what she wants to plant this year?
Have a great day!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I thought of you and Rollins when we were watching a movie the other night (High Flyers, Wheeler & Woolsey, 1937). The movie took place at a rich mansion where items of value kept disappearing, including a box with $1 million worth of diamonds. The culprit turned out to be a Boston terrier named Squeaky. He'd grab an item when someone turned their back and bury it in the garden. I thought, yep, Rollins would do something like that ... When Squeaky was revealed as the "thief," everyone grabbed shovels and dug up the entire garden looking for the diamonds.
That's funny. And yes that is something he would do...if something is missing I know the first person to go to...he somehow knows where everything is. Have a great day Merry!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
The Princess Bride is one of my all-time favourite movies. Hope work on your yard goes swiftly. Enjoy the birthday dinner for your MIL. Simple is always best.
I'm all for simple! She makes an awesome pear relish that's perfect on a hot dog!
Happy Birthday to Mrs. Hilda!!!
Good luck with the pool - and the lawn - and the garden! Does Elizabeth know what she wants to plant this year?
Have a great day!!
She made a list of what she wants to plant, and I discussed the limited acreage with her, so now she deciding which veggies to eliminate.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'm all for simple! She makes an awesome pear relish that's perfect on a hot dog!
She made a list of what she wants to plant, and I discussed the limited acreage with her, so now she deciding which veggies to eliminate.
The relish sounds delicious!
If you got rid of the pool you would have more room for the garden!! :p ;) :rolleyes:

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I have never heard of pear relish. I like pears and relish but would never have thought relish could be made from pears. It must be delicious.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
That's funny. And yes that is something he would do...if something is missing I know the first person to go to...he somehow knows where everything is. Have a great day Merry!

We had an incident last night...Leo was holding a chocolate bunny hostage under my daughter's bed. She had just left her room and she saw him run in and snatch it from her basket and he immediately flew under the bed. We were able to coax it away from him with a begging strip...lol :D;)

He is our little devil!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
So while they were changing our Winter tires, they noticed that our brakes need work. We were due for an inspection soon anyway, so Monday I have to bring the car back for the full look-over. Hoping most of the work and pieces are still under warranty. I am discovering the joys of being a car owner.

Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We had an incident last night...Leo was holding a chocolate bunny hostage under my daughter's bed. She had just left her room and she saw him run in and snatch it from her basket and he immediately flew under the bed. We were able to coax it away from him with a begging strip...lol :D;)

He is our little devil!
Oh now that makes me laugh!!! What a little stinker!!!! I can just picture all that going down.
Leo, Leo!!! :D

:rubhead

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I have never heard of pear relish. I like pears and relish but would never have thought relish could be made from pears. It must be delicious.
Oh, it's good stuff! And I don't like pears. LOL

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

He is our little devil!
Boston "Terrors".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors