Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, my Friends.
Welcome to another day at MMC, the friendliest and most Christmas-supportive site on the entire internet!

One of the traditons we observe here is the daily count and the thrill it and our Milestone markers bring.
As such, we present today's numbers:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

Now, about those exciting Milestones, TWO of which are just around the corner:
1) The 200-day Season Window -- now a day UNDER a week away!
2) The one-third Christmas Day marker -- just FIVE days off!
(Closing in, Guys!)

Much warmer yesterday. Cloudy in the morning but quite sunny by the afternoon.
(This is a good time of year for warm weather because the humidity has yet to kick in.)
We are at 68 sunny degrees here, currently.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wondrous Weekend Eve, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Looking forward to those big 2 milestones next week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
We're lucky that once in the bedroom, Loki sleeps easily. He was grumbling at hearing people talking outside at the end of the Canadiens/Rangers game last night but that's about it. Hope you get a restfull weekend to make up for the busy week and Rollins keeping you awake.
He's actually been pretty good about sleeping most of the night the last several months but for some reason he just didn't want to sleep last night. I think that I got up 10 times at least. I'm glad Loki sleeps at night for you.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday! We have a bright & sunny morning, though much cooler & breezy! It was 80º yesterday ~ 47 this morning! What a change!

I'm so happy it's Friday though I'm not looking all too forward to the weekend. I am staying with mom from 3:30 this afternoon until Sunday around 1pm. Mom, Emma & I are going to my uncles funeral viewing at 4:00 this afternoon, then we are planning to grab a bite to eat & then we will run Emma back home to Amishville. Tomorrow morning is the funeral mass with a meal afterwards. Mom is not sure if she wants to go to the mass, but she wants to see all of her brothers & sisters. I told her we can play that by ear - if she wants to go to both, we'll go. If she's not feeling up to it tomorrow, we'll just go to the meal. Hopefully she's up for both, but that would be a long morning for her. Sunday our friend is playing/singing at the lake, so I'm hoping it's warm enough we can ride our bikes over to where his is playing. I'll be ready for some fresh air by then! :)

I'm going to experiment with some mini pineapple upside down cakes this weekend while I'm at Moms - for the dessert table at my nieces wedding. Any guinea pigs?? ;)

Everyone, have a Fantastic Friday!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening, friends.

I've been dreaming of Christmas. In fact, the past two nights Christmas has taken over my sleep. Christmas sights and sounds were everywhere. As always, it was a magical (and mystical during this sleep) place.

I thought I would be ready to start counting down at the beginning of the New Year. Instead, it has taken me more than three and a half months. My apologies. I look forward to counting down with you again, from now on.

I hope you all have had some marvellous milestones thus far. I'm jumping back on the Christmas Countdown Express!
Welcome back Brent! Nice to see you! Hope all is well with you!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

Looking forward to the weekend off, just tomorrow to get through.

I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone
Enjoy your weekend off!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning and TGIF! I'm glad it's Friday. It's been a very busy week. I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning here but as I've said before I'll take a rainy Friday over a sunny Monday. Rollins kept me up half the night. Not sure why he wasn't tired but he just kept getting up and wanting to playing and barking at any tiny noise he heard. Luckily I don't feel too tired and it's almost the weekend. Anyone with any fun plans for the weekend? Have a great TGIF!
That little stinker - he just wanted to PLAY!!! :D Glad you aren't too tired this morning - after all, it's FRIDAY!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It's going to be mostly cloudy today, chance of a thunderstorm with a high of 55 degrees. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes before everyone else wakes up. I'm working on a menu plan and grocery list for next week. I have a couple of errands to run later, I need to pick up a couple of things at Rite Aid and then I'm going to the butcher. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. I also plan on taking a ride to Barnes & Noble later this afternoon to browse. I'm going to order Chinese Food for the girls and I for dinner and I have a rib steak out for my hubby. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
I love going to the book store!! Have fun!! Enjoy your dinner with the family! Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Welcome to another day at MMC, the friendliest and most Christmas-supportive site on the entire internet!

One of the traditons we observe here is the daily count and the thrill it and our Milestone markers bring.

(Closing in, Guys!)

(This is a good time of year for warm weather because the humidity has yet to kick in.)

Have a great weekend crown!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! Another rainy day here. I ended up doing nothing yesterday so I have to get some cleaning done today. So it turns out that our car brakes are done and with other minor work and our Winter tires being changed, the bill will be around 1200$ (ouch). I budget for car maintenance, so we're ok with that. Now we're looking at sunny destinations for a vacation late May. Anyone have any recommentations? I'm asking everybody I know. I've never ever been by the ocean but my husband has when he was younger. Hopefully we find something not too pricey. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!
Ouch! We have a big auto repair bill due next week too, I understand!! Gotta have tires though if we want to drive, don't we! ;)
What type of place are you wanting to go? All inclusive? Any idea what area you are thinking of? We loved the cruises we were on. Also Jamaica, Riviera Maya, Cabo San Lucas. Hawaii was nice, minus all the travel time! I have never been, but I hear so many wonderful things about Destin, Florida. Can I come along? ;)
Have a great day Martine!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Ouch! We have a big auto repair bill due next week too, I understand!! Gotta have tires though if we want to drive, don't we! ;)
What type of place are you wanting to go? All inclusive? Any idea what area you are thinking of? We loved the cruises we were on. Also Jamaica, Riviera Maya, Cabo San Lucas. Hawaii was nice, minus all the travel time! I have never been, but I hear so many wonderful things about Destin, Florida. Can I come along? ;)
Have a great day Martine!
Hawaii is a dream vacation, but we only have about 5-6 days so with travel time, I doubt it's worth it. Same for a cruise. Jamaica is on our short list, where did you stay when you went? I'm thinking all-inclusive might be less of a hassle for my first time in the sun, but we're open to anything.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
That little stinker - he just wanted to PLAY!!! :D Glad you aren't too tired this morning - after all, it's FRIDAY!!!!
His thing he loves to do is take his favorite toy and "drop it accidently" behind the desk and bark and cry that he didn't mean to knock it there and now can't get it. #RollinsDrama

Sorry to hear about your Uncle! I know that's not a fun weekend at all!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good evening, friends.

I've been dreaming of Christmas. In fact, the past two nights Christmas has taken over my sleep. Christmas sights and sounds were everywhere. As always, it was a magical (and mystical during this sleep) place.

I thought I would be ready to start counting down at the beginning of the New Year. Instead, it has taken me more than three and a half months. My apologies. I look forward to counting down with you again, from now on.

I hope you all have had some marvellous milestones thus far. I'm jumping back on the Christmas Countdown Express!
Great to see you, Brent!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hawaii is a dream vacation, but we only have about 5-6 days so with travel time, I doubt it's worth it. Same for a cruise. Jamaica is on our short list, where did you stay when you went? I'm thinking all-inclusive might be less of a hassle for my first time in the sun, but we're open to anything.

We stayed at Sandals Montego Bay. We loved it! There are several Sandals in Jamaica, as well as many other all inclusive now. My sister just stayed at Iberostar there - they loved it. Off the top of my head, there is also Secrets, Couples, Half Moon, & RIU. The Falls at Ocho Rios were fun - we did the falls both times we were there! :) Jamaica has the prettiest color ocean I have seen so far! When my sis was there a couple weeks ago I texted & asked her if that wasn't the prettiest ocean she has ever seen & she sent me this pic:
upload_2017-4-21_9-15-33.png

On a side note, on one of our cruises we went to Grand Caymen. It was pretty there too. We have never stayed there but they have beautiful white sand beaches!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

Mrs. Hilda decided to forgo the hotdogs last night, opting instead for Bernie Burgers. My father-in-law, Bernie, owns and operates the general store in Bellville, aptly named Bernie's. He sells convenience store stuff, general sundries, produce and meats. He make an awesome pizza, too, but his greatest claim to fame is the much-lauded Bernie Burger! It's a half-pound, hand-formed burger made from freshly ground chuck, and cooked on the pizza cooker with Bernie's special blend of herbs & spices. LOL It really is a great burger, and people order them all the time. I'm glad that what Mrs. Hilda wanted for her birthday.

We're taking Elizabeth to get her driver's license this afternoon :eek:, then Nancy and Elizabeth are going to a play with Mrs. Hilda and Nancy's sister, while I'm going to hear Jacob's guitar recital at the University.

Lunch today with mom & Jim.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
His thing he loves to do is take his favorite toy and "drop it accidently" behind the desk and bark and cry that he didn't mean to knock it there and now can't get it. #RollinsDrama

Lulu does that with her tennis ball under the TV table LOL.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

That is too funny! Smart little cookie!!! :D

Thanks Edge!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good evening, friends.

Hi Brent....hope all is well!! Nice Christmas Dreams!

Good evening,

Looking forward to the weekend off, just tomorrow to get through.

I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone
Have a great weekend, xmas!

Morning and TGIF! I'm glad it's Friday. It's been a very busy week. I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning here but as I've said before I'll take a rainy Friday over a sunny Monday. Rollins kept me up half the night. Not sure why he wasn't tired but he just kept getting up and wanting to playing and barking at any tiny noise he heard. Luckily I don't feel too tired and it's almost the weekend. Anyone with any fun plans for the weekend? Have a great TGIF!
Silly Rollins!! Hope you can catch up on some sleep this weekend!.

Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It's going to be mostly cloudy today, chance of a thunderstorm with a high of 55 degrees. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes before everyone else wakes up. I'm working on a menu plan and grocery list for next week. I have a couple of errands to run later, I need to pick up a couple of things at Rite Aid and then I'm going to the butcher. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. I also plan on taking a ride to Barnes & Noble later this afternoon to browse. I'm going to order Chinese Food for the girls and I for dinner and I have a rib steak out for my hubby. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
Happy Friday HMG!! Enjoy the Chinese...I have no that in a while...sounds good!

(Closing in, Guys!)

Thanks Crown....this count amazes me!!

Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday! We have a bright & sunny morning, though much cooler & breezy! It was 80º yesterday ~ 47 this morning! What a change!

I'm so happy it's Friday though I'm not looking all too forward to the weekend. I am staying with mom from 3:30 this afternoon until Sunday around 1pm. Mom, Emma & I are going to my uncles funeral viewing at 4:00 this afternoon, then we are planning to grab a bite to eat & then we will run Emma back home to Amishville. Tomorrow morning is the funeral mass with a meal afterwards. Mom is not sure if she wants to go to the mass, but she wants to see all of her brothers & sisters. I told her we can play that by ear - if she wants to go to both, we'll go. If she's not feeling up to it tomorrow, we'll just go to the meal. Hopefully she's up for both, but that would be a long morning for her. Sunday our friend is playing/singing at the lake, so I'm hoping it's warm enough we can ride our bikes over to where his is playing. I'll be ready for some fresh air by then! :)

I'm going to experiment with some mini pineapple upside down cakes this weekend while I'm at Moms - for the dessert table at my nieces wedding. Any guinea pigs?? ;)

Everyone, have a Fantastic Friday!!!!

Happy Friday Holiday....enjoy the weekend...sounds like you will be busy with your Mom! I hope your Mom can at least see her brothers and sisters. Those pineapple cakes sound so good!

We have stayed at Secrets in Jamaica...it was awesome! I love all inclusive. We are actually going to Hard Rock in Riviera Maya in August and that is all inclusive as well. Aruba is a nice island too!
I have heard wonderful things about Sanibel Island in Florida.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

Mrs. Hilda decided to forgo the hotdogs last night, opting instead for Bernie Burgers. My father-in-law, Bernie, owns and operates the general store in Bellville, aptly named Bernie's. He sells convenience store stuff, general sundries, produce and meats. He make an awesome pizza, too, but his greatest claim to fame is the much-lauded Bernie Burger! It's a half-pound, hand-formed burger made from freshly ground chuck, and cooked on the pizza cooker with Bernie's special blend of herbs & spices. LOL It really is a great burger, and people order them all the time. I'm glad that what Mrs. Hilda wanted for her birthday.

We're taking Elizabeth to get her driver's license this afternoon :eek:, then Nancy and Elizabeth are going to a play with Mrs. Hilda and Nancy's sister, while I'm going to hear Jacob's guitar recital at the University.

Lunch today with mom & Jim.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Mrs. Hilda's birthday dinner sounds delicious!! Good choice! :)
Good luck to Elizabeth today! That's hard to believe! Hope they enjoy the play & you the guitar recital!
Have a good lunch with Mom & Jim...and a great weekend!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday All! It is a dreary/chilly day out there. We don't have too much planned for the weekend. My youngest has her opening day of softball tomorrow at 12 and a game at 1. Otherwise should be a quiet weekend. Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image