Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Forgot to mention today is 1 year that Nitro passed away. It's so hard to believe that...but I remember telling you guys about it last year on this day. And every time I see Rollins I realize I only have him because of Nitro.
Awe!!! (((HUGS))) I remember that like yesterday. Such a sad day! And Buster is the reason we have Gracie too!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good evening everyone.

Today was a better day at school. Things are more "normal." Tomorrow will be more emotional, we have our Awards day and a senior video. The video is always wonderful and showcases the seniors from when they were little up to the present. Of course this will be a hard one to watch and I am sure staff and students will be a mess as the video plays. However, I think it will help everyone take another step in the healing process.

Next week is the last week of school. Monday and Tuesday will be easy days of just reviewing for exams. Wednesday through Friday will be exams and we are done for the summer. Of course, as a teacher, I will not be really done. I will still have my Master's classes to work through. Plus, I am starting 2 new courses at the high school next year so I will be doing a lot of lesson planning for those. But, I like planning and putting materials together so I would not really call it work.

In other news, we still have not finished our garden area. We put the ground covering down and the raised beds in place, but we still need to have mulch delivered and put down. I would like to say we will do that this weekend, but I doubt that will happen. :rolleyes:

I want to thank you all for listening to me go on about the situation at my school. I really appreciate all of the kind words and thoughts. It really means a lot!
Thinking of you, ITP...I can only imagine how hard it is..
Morning MMC! TGIF! Can't believe we are heading into the final weekend before MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND and the unofficial start of summer. As I mentioned to Merry it was so hot last night I slept downstairs which I never do. The temp DOWNSTAIRS said 85 so imagine what it was upstairs where it's usually 5 degrees warmer at least in this type of heat. But with a good old fashioned (and strong might I add) box fan I slept fine and Rollins was thankful because imagine how hot our dogs feel in this heat with their hair. Looking forward to the big cool down coming today/tonight and then a much cooler weekend (just closer to normal for mid-May). Next weekend the a.c. goes up no matter how hot or not hot it is. Just a bunch of errands to do this weekend but nothing crazy. Have a great day everyone and TGIF to you all!
We turned on our AC..it was really hot in our upstairs too. Hope you have a great day!

Good morning MMC!! Happy, HAPPY Friday!! It's a beautiful morning. Much cooler, but very comfortable outside! Not much sunshine, but it's not dreary either. I'll take it! :)

It's been such a busy week, I'm looking forward to the weekend! Though it's going to be a busy weekend too! I am staying with Mom this weekend, but we have 3 graduation parties - one tonight, 1 tomorrow & 1 Sunday! My sister is going to relieve me tonight so I can go to our nieces (other side of the family) graduation for awhile, tomorrow... we may miss that graduation. A lady from town here will be staying with mom tomorrow - she normally takes a 24 hour shift for us over the weekends. It's my friend from high school's son. He doesn't know us & a friend of ours is playing/singing out at the lake. I'm looking forward to hanging out at the lake & listening to some good music! We'll send a card with some $$$ to the graduate! :) Sunday is another friends daughters graduations party - my SIL is going to relieve me so I can go there for awhile too. One of these weekends we will have NO PLANS!! xx

For everyone talking about the heat...here is a pic of my cousins deck from last night ~ she hasn't posted this morning but at the time of this picture they were expecting another foot before today. :eek:

On that note, everyone....have a GREAT day!!!
Happy Friday, Holiday!! You do have a busy weekend! Enjoy it!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Friday all- Just work for me today and my oldest daughter is making her confirmation tomorrow at church. Then we are going to a friend's house for a cookout. Should be a fun day but busy and then just relaxing on Sunday. Hope you all have a great day and weekend! I am looking forward to the cool down!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Forgot to mention today is 1 year that Nitro passed away. It's so hard to believe that...but I remember telling you guys about it last year on this day. And every time I see Rollins I realize I only have him because of Nitro.
A sad ending brought a new beginning for a new puppy.

Reactions: Edge612 and Holiday

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Yes, we are very blessed to have so much help with Mom! That's too bad not more of Mancy's family helps with her mom. They are missing out on making a lot of memories!

Here are pictures of my cousins deck just for you...

5am yesterday...

View attachment 36886

And last night...

View attachment 36885
It got cold overnight and they were predicting a bit of snow up North. I could never live in an area where we could get so much snow so late in Spring. I'm sure it's beautiful where your cousin lives but it's not for me.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! First day of my vacation, hubby starts tomorrow. I had trouble getting going this morning, fell back asleep on the couch until 10am. It's quite cool this morning, such a stark difference from yesterday's sun and high heat. I bought popsicles and ice cream and bottles of water for the employees at work yesterday because it was so hot. Hubby even brought out the portable air conditioner. Don't think we'll need it today. For the first time this year, I'll be hanging a load of laundry to dry outisde and that makes me happy (doesn't take much to make me happy lol). Tomorrow we'll go shopping for flowers, THAT makes me REALLY happy.

Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday all- Just work for me today and my oldest daughter is making her confirmation tomorrow at church. Then we are going to a friend's house for a cookout. Should be a fun day but busy and then just relaxing on Sunday. Hope you all have a great day and weekend! I am looking forward to the cool down!
Congrats to your daughter!! Have a fun weekend!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It got cold overnight and they were predicting a bit of snow up North. I could never live in an area where we could get so much snow so late in Spring. I'm sure it's beautiful where your cousin lives but it's not for me.
I agree Martine - she can keep it!! Our "cool down" consists of 70º today! THAT I can handle! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! First day of my vacation, hubby starts tomorrow. I had trouble getting going this morning, fell back asleep on the couch until 10am. It's quite cool this morning, such a stark difference from yesterday's sun and high heat. I bought popsicles and ice cream and bottles of water for the employees at work yesterday because it was so hot. Hubby even brought out the portable air conditioner. Don't think we'll need it today. For the first time this year, I'll be hanging a load of laundry to dry outisde and that makes me happy (doesn't take much to make me happy lol). Tomorrow we'll go shopping for flowers, THAT makes me REALLY happy.

ENJOY your vacation!!! Hanging laundry on the line & flowers make me happy too!! :D :D
Have a GREAT day!

Last edited:

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

Happy Confirmation to your day to your daughter. Enjoy the cook out. WHat a great start to the summer season.

Wow well send some heat our way. We can never get enough of it here LOL!
Enjoy your vacation. You deserve it.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Oh, yeah. The have a $70 VISA gift card mailed to you, which does cover the freight. They actually have a facility within 45 miles from me. Their website says they allow you to pickup for free, but the online order form won't let me choose that option. Guess I'll have to order them the old-fashioned way, and actually call them.

Thanks!

What?? Do you mean use a phone??? :eek: ;) :p

And actually have to talk with someone???? The horror!!!!

Reactions: Edge612 and Holiday

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a fun, safe, enjoyable weekend! I'm outa here - need to pack up my things & head to mama's! :)

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Hello and Happy Friday everyone. I hope you all have been good and staying on Santa's "Good" list. Wishing everyone here, good health, peace and happiness in your lives.

I've been pretty quiet, a bit somewhat secluded to the world and I have been doing a lot of revamping and making tremendous changes in my life.

I think about you all from time to time, wondering how everyone is doing and in general, just missing my favorite Christmas site on the internet. At one time, my life was very routine, where I could spend hours on the Internet and now a days, I am just one super busy fellow.

For a hint, I drive 3-4 hours a day, every day, just in my travel time, to and from work from where I live now. Things will change even more in July, when I get married! Whoops... did I just let something slip. Lol...

I have a new fur baby also, she's a 7 month old kitty, and she loves her "daddy"!

I have also been thinking, that in what, about 2 months, it will be Christmas in July already; how about that.

Well, I will check back in at a later date. If you want to reach out to me, PM me, and we can chit-chat for a bit. I hope to around a little bit more than I have been for the past year.

Miss ya all!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thank you M. You have been in mine also. I hope all is well with you.

You're welcome, Festive. Things are somewhat hectic right now and there are some issues going on that need a lot of work, but overall things are good. :)

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

{{{Hugs}}}

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Congratulations to your daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image