Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Countdown - 2017

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmc42088

nmc42088 Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

Hope your brothers power came back on

Thank you! We are very excited

Saying prayers for your friends. Hope you feel better soon!

Hope your daughter feels better. He stomach bug is my biggest fear

2. xmas365

xmas365 Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins MMC Lifer

Well, maybe they finally realized Christmas music is so much better than that Pulse music stuff.
    I know in years past a few of us, including myself, were writing the Music Choice people asking for a full time Christmas music station. They always responded that they would look into it, or they didn't have enough free channels to do it.
    Now with smart tvs, and cable companies offering Pandora through the box, Christmas music is available whenever you want through your TV. I found myself using Pandora more than Music Choice this year, especially now that Music Choice is clearly sticking to contemporary artists more than the classics.

3. xmas365

I got up this morning, and POOF! All my beautiful snow had melted away because of the rain and 50 degree temps.

Holiday, nmc42088, NcGunny and 2 others like this.
  4. xmas365

I know...

5. xmas365

Good evening,

I finally switched my micro-SD card in my phone from all Christmas to my regular music micro-SD card tonight. After listening to it for 2 months straight, I felt it was time, I miss it already.
    I made the run to KMART and the indoor flea market today, 75% off at Big K, I picked up a "marquee" that lights up the word snow. I picked that one so I could keep it up through the winter, they also had ones that said Noel and another that said Joy. I am waiting to see if they will survive until they get down to 90% off, then I will grab the others. No luck at the flea market, they had items (antique Santas) I liked but I didn't want to pay the prices.
    A few more days to enjoy my trees, the wife is making plans for us to go out on Monday, so I may get a few more days with them. I am not complaining.
    I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone

made582, Holiday, nmc42088 and 4 others like this.
  6. Martine

Martine Fruit Cake Baker MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Thursday morning! Been awake since roughly 4am, could've done with more sleep but my mind started running a mile a minute. And then just when I was starting to settle down again, I got a fraudulent text telling me my bank account had been frozen, please enter your info at this website blablabla. I should put my phone in night mode so I don't get disturbed by stupid texts like that. Gonna report it to my bank.

Hubby got some good news and bad news yesterday. His physiotherapist thinks he'll be ok to go back to work at the end of the month. But he also learned that one of his colleague's dad passed away in a freak snowmobile accident. And her grandmother who had been ill for a while passed away as well. Incredibly sad, I don't know his coworker personnally but she's in my thoughts.

To everyone battling some bug this week, I hope you feel better soon. Have a great day everyone!

xmas365, Holiday, nmc42088 and 3 others like this.
  7. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Hi M, Sorry to hear you other half has been unwell. Glad to hear he has been give the ok to return to work. Hope his recovery continues. That is very sad news about his colleague's relatives. Prayers for strength for their family.
    Have a great day.

xmas365, Martine, Holiday and 2 others like this.
  8. Festive Spirit

We are under severe weather warnings for snow but so far none. I hope we see a little :) hope you get some too!

xmas365, Holiday, nmc42088 and 2 others like this.
  9. Festive Spirit

Praying your daughter gets well soon and the rest of you don't catch it. Sorry to hear you all have been struggling with illness. Take care HMG

Prayers for your daughter to recover soon SFM. Hope all else is well.

How is Gracie ad your mum doing? Hope all is well there. Hope you guys are doing well.

10. Festive Spirit

Merry Thursday!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    222833-Thursday-Winter-Snoopy-Quote.jpg

xmas365, Martine, Bradmac and 6 others like this.
  11. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Morning! It's Thursday or as we like to say Friday Eve. It's very mild here for January. Temps today into the 50s! It's supposed to chill down during the weekend though. But next week looks overall mild again with temps at least into the 40s. Anyone have Monday off? I don't. But next week I need to put in for my day after the Superbowl vacation day that I've been thinking of taking. It's been pretty good so far this winter because even when it snows its on the weekend mostly so I haven't had to deal much with driving in snow to work and home.
    Enjoy your Thursday!

xmas365, Martine, Bradmac and 4 others like this.
  12. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl Christmas Diety MMC Lifer

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Praying sweet Har gets well very soon <3
    xx

13. HomemakinGirl

Thank you so much Made <3

xmas365, made582, Holiday and 2 others like this.
  14. HomemakinGirl

Thanks everyone!
    xx

xmas365, made582, Holiday and 3 others like this.
  15. HomemakinGirl

Thank you both! <3

16. HomemakinGirl

Good morning ~
    Happy Thursday!
    Woke up pretty early with my oldest, she has an interview this morning for a new job. Just relaxing and having my coffee right now. Watching Sophia & Rosie run laps around the house. Crazy cats. It will be a typical day of errands and chores. I may take a ride to the Christmas Tree Shop to pick up some new decorations for Valentines Day. That's about it. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!

xmas365, Martine, Bradmac and 5 others like this.
  17. SydneyBeems

SydneyBeems Mistletoe Hanger MMC Member

Great picture

18. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

Same thing happened to us overnight. Back to square one again and now we have a rain advisory out for torrential downpours. If it was colder we would be getting 2' of snow.

19. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Louann Jeffries Award

Good Morning, Guys.

Creeping up on that first Milestone!
    (More on that, momentarily.)

First, the morning count:
    Days to the Season: 305
    Days to Christmas Day: 347

And wonder of wonders, we discover ourselves just FIVE short days away from Milestone #1 of 2017, the 300-day Season marker, to be succeeded immediately by the commencement of a Season count numbering in the 200's.
    (Put that in your Santa pipe and smoke it!)

The weather?
    Well, it is much improved. And with steady temperatures above freezing, just about all of the accumulated ice is gone. (And good riddance!)
    Currently, we are standing at 56 degrees here in the capital city.

I am pleased to note, on my morning walks, that many of the houses in our neighborhood still have at least some of their Christmas decorations up.
    It is like this every year. At least one or two houses will not get around to removing the last of their decorations until the end of January or sometimes even into February. I love looking for them and speculating as to which one will be the last.
    (Makes the walk more entertaining!)

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

20. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Thanks Crown! Love those houses that keep their lights up through January!

xmas365, Holiday and nmc42088 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.