Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Guys.

Creeping up on that first Milestone!
(More on that, momentarily.)

First, the morning count:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347

And wonder of wonders, we discover ourselves just FIVE short days away from Milestone #1 of 2017, the 300-day Season marker, to be succeeded immediately by the commencement of a Season count numbering in the 200's.
(Put that in your Santa pipe and smoke it!)

The weather?
Well, it is much improved. And with steady temperatures above freezing, just about all of the accumulated ice is gone. (And good riddance!)
Currently, we are standing at 56 degrees here in the capital city.

I am pleased to note, on my morning walks, that many of the houses in our neighborhood still have at least some of their Christmas decorations up.
It is like this every year. At least one or two houses will not get around to removing the last of their decorations until the end of January or sometimes even into February. I love looking for them and speculating as to which one will be the last.
(Makes the walk more entertaining!)

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!
Thxs Crown! Glad to hear the ice is gone now. We lost all our snow overnight, its not a pleasant looking sight outside atm.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Well, maybe they finally realized Christmas music is so much better than that Pulse music stuff.
I know in years past a few of us, including myself, were writing the Music Choice people asking for a full time Christmas music station. They always responded that they would look into it, or they didn't have enough free channels to do it.
Now with smart tvs, and cable companies offering Pandora through the box, Christmas music is available whenever you want through your TV. I found myself using Pandora more than Music Choice this year, especially now that Music Choice is clearly sticking to contemporary artists more than the classics.
There's also the DIY alternative: Put a Yule Log video on the TV screen and play your own Christmas music ... or even old-time radio shows! I didn't really get a chance to do that this year, but it makes a cozy afternoon or evening!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Praying your daughter is better soon!
Thanks Meceka...she is better today!

Good Thursday morning! Been awake since roughly 4am, could've done with more sleep but my mind started running a mile a minute. And then just when I was starting to settle down again, I got a fraudulent text telling me my bank account had been frozen, please enter your info at this website blablabla. I should put my phone in night mode so I don't get disturbed by stupid texts like that. Gonna report it to my bank.

Hubby got some good news and bad news yesterday. His physiotherapist thinks he'll be ok to go back to work at the end of the month. But he also learned that one of his colleague's dad passed away in a freak snowmobile accident. And her grandmother who had been ill for a while passed away as well. Incredibly sad, I don't know his coworker personnally but she's in my thoughts.

To everyone battling some bug this week, I hope you feel better soon. Have a great day everyone!
Ugh Martine...I have gotten those texts too...so ridiculous!

Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
Woke up pretty early with my oldest, she has an interview this morning for a new job. Just relaxing and having my coffee right now. Watching Sophia & Rosie run laps around the house. Crazy cats. It will be a typical day of errands and chores. I may take a ride to the Christmas Tree Shop to pick up some new decorations for Valentines Day. That's about it. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
Good Luck to your daughter for her interview. Your cats are such cuties!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Morning! It's Thursday or as we like to say Friday Eve. It's very mild here for January. Temps today into the 50s! It's supposed to chill down during the weekend though. But next week looks overall mild again with temps at least into the 40s. Anyone have Monday off? I don't. But next week I need to put in for my day after the Superbowl vacation day that I've been thinking of taking. It's been pretty good so far this winter because even when it snows its on the weekend mostly so I haven't had to deal much with driving in snow to work and home.
Enjoy your Thursday!
I am off on Monday! Looking forward to a long weekend. Helps to break up January a bit.
These temps are crazy but I will take them. It feels like spring outside!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Morning! It's Thursday or as we like to say Friday Eve. It's very mild here for January. Temps today into the 50s! It's supposed to chill down during the weekend though. But next week looks overall mild again with temps at least into the 40s. Anyone have Monday off? I don't. But next week I need to put in for my day after the Superbowl vacation day that I've been thinking of taking. It's been pretty good so far this winter because even when it snows its on the weekend mostly so I haven't had to deal much with driving in snow to work and home.
Enjoy your Thursday!
Monday is listed on the calendar as an office holiday, but there's at least a slight chance we may be working anyway. Fingers crossed that it will be a holiday, as this weekend looks pretty busy, and I'd like some time to relax!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday Eve!! My daughter is feeling better today and is back at school. I am just working and she has basketball practice tonight. It is supposed to be warmer today and all the snow is gone! Hope you all have a great day!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !!

Long night, a thunderstorm woke me. A thunderstorm !! with lightening and big booms, in January !!! We are supposed to get snow and drifts and build snowmen, not listen to rain pouring down and thunder crashing. So weird. Now we have ice rain warning out.

Have to be at work by 10:30.
Right now I am making a batch of marmalade because it is so much better than store bought.

so back to work before I head into work

Have a great day everyone !!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good Morning MMC !!

Long night, a thunderstorm woke me. A thunderstorm !! with lightening and big booms, in January !!! We are supposed to get snow and drifts and build snowmen, not listen to rain pouring down and thunder crashing. So weird. Now we have ice rain warning out.

Have to be at work by 10:30.
Right now I am making a batch of marmalade because it is so much better than store bought.

so back to work before I head into work

Have a great day everyone !!!
Stay safe in that ice rain. Wish you didn't have to go out and deal with that!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve!!! ANOTHER rainy day!! It looks like night time outside!! We are supposed to hit 61º by 10am & by 2pm we are supposed to be down to 42º - 30º by 11pm! CRAZY WEATHER!!!!!
Hope everyone is off to a good start this Friday Eve!!! Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Lol!!! I think she is way over the snow and below zero temps this winter.

Poor Harlowe has had a rough couple of weeks.
I feel for them!! Hoping & praying Har snaps out of all her issues!!
It's hard to imagine all that snow with our crazy up & down temps, isn't it?! Not looking forward to ice over the weekend - AGAIN! UGH!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve!!! ANOTHER rainy day!! It looks like night time outside!! We are supposed to hit 61º by 10am & by 2pm we are supposed to be down to 42º - 30º by 11pm! CRAZY WEATHER!!!!!
Hope everyone is off to a good start this Friday Eve!!! Have a great day!

Yikes that looks like bed time.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
I am starting to pack for our weekend at the shore. I work tonight but am off tomorrow. I just want to be prepared in case mike gets an EO tomorrow night. If he does that means he will be at my house by 10 and we will get to the shore by midnight if not we will go early Saturday am. Have a great day

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hi friends! Hope you all have had a wonderful day!!! Snow is melting all over the place and it looks like it almost didn't even happen, in just 24 hours. Not complaining about easier drives into work but sad there will be more cars on the road again. Snow really is magical. Things quiet down and people seem to treat each other more nicely. Ahh, maybe one more time before spring! We shall see. Have a wonderful evening MMC friends!
Totally agree!!! :snow:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I agree with everyone about the weather. Five days ago we were in single digits and today it is in the 50's and it is going to be warmer tomorrow. I have my window open today; and although it is nice to air out the house, I should NEVER be able to open my window in January. I am one of those few crazy people who hates warm weather and loves snow. We have barely gotten any snow this year so far. I feel cheated!
I LOVE snow in the months we are supposed to get snow!!! By mid-march it better be done & getting nice outside. LOL! I am feeling cheated this year too!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

What's this? A left over Blossoms thread photo??
Nope.
It's Crabtree's Christmas tree. Took this photo this afternoon while walking out there. They have never kept it up this long before.
(All the interior decorations have been removed. I guess the main tree is just the last thing to go. Gave me a little lift to see it still in place, though!)
LOVE seeing this!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
AWE MAN! Just got this message from my sister...

Just got call from the nursing home. Mom has the G.I. flu. Vomiting and diarrhea. She fell going to the bathroom this morning, hit her head. They state no obvious injuries. Family doctor was coming today anyway to see her. I'll go over in about a half hour when she should be there.

DARNIT!!!!!!!!!! :(

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

I finally switched my micro-SD card in my phone from all Christmas to my regular music micro-SD card tonight. After listening to it for 2 months straight, I felt it was time, I miss it already.
I made the run to KMART and the indoor flea market today, 75% off at Big K, I picked up a "marquee" that lights up the word snow. I picked that one so I could keep it up through the winter, they also had ones that said Noel and another that said Joy. I am waiting to see if they will survive until they get down to 90% off, then I will grab the others. No luck at the flea market, they had items (antique Santas) I liked but I didn't want to pay the prices.
A few more days to enjoy my trees, the wife is making plans for us to go out on Monday, so I may get a few more days with them. I am not complaining.
I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone
Tell your wife to plan away for Monday!!! :D:tree:
Nice find at Kmart!! :)
Have a good day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning! Been awake since roughly 4am, could've done with more sleep but my mind started running a mile a minute. And then just when I was starting to settle down again, I got a fraudulent text telling me my bank account had been frozen, please enter your info at this website blablabla. I should put my phone in night mode so I don't get disturbed by stupid texts like that. Gonna report it to my bank.

Hubby got some good news and bad news yesterday. His physiotherapist thinks he'll be ok to go back to work at the end of the month. But he also learned that one of his colleague's dad passed away in a freak snowmobile accident. And her grandmother who had been ill for a while passed away as well. Incredibly sad, I don't know his coworker personnally but she's in my thoughts.

To everyone battling some bug this week, I hope you feel better soon. Have a great day everyone!
How frustrating about the text.
Good news about your hubby!
Sending prayers for his co-worker & family. How sad!
Hope you have a good day! Hugs to Loki! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
How is Gracie ad your mum doing? Hope all is well there. Hope you guys are doing well.
Well 10 minutes ago I would have told you mom was doing well....and then I got the text about her having the flu. Darnit!
Gracie is good. She's been a little spit fire every since we got some snow last week. She just absolutely loved it! Now the snow is gone, but she's still fired up. ;)
How's everybody at your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image