Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Friday!
I have another test for my heart scheduled later this morning, this time it will be a CT scan. Hopefully the results will be normal like the MRI. Then I just have to wear this monitor for another two weeks. Sheesh, I can’t wait until all of this is behind me. At least the monitor will be off by the time December arrives. So other than my appointment I have to run to the butcher, I haven’t ordered my turkey yet! I’ll be working on the laundry in between. Dinner will be bow tie lasagna. I guess that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!

51220118-4029-4F33-B10C-C51F380A7A73.jpeg

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
** CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY 5 **

Good Morning, Folks.

Wow. Not too far short of completing a full week of Christmas Season 2017 already!
Time is really slipping away, especially with Thanksgiving now looming so close.

Let's take a look at today's figures:
Days to Thanksgiving: 6 (That's right. UNDER ONE WEEK to go!)
Days to Christmas Day: 38 (Now UNDER 5 1/2 weeks left!)

(Better start moving those holiday plans into high gear, Guys!)

Well, it was pretty nice here yesterday, as our temperatures rose into the mid 60's.
It will be cooler today, but not cold.
Currently, we are at 39 degrees here in the capital city of North Carolina.

Have a Fantastically Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And enjoy Christmas Season Weekend Eve number one!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Morning MMC! Well as we head towards the weekend and the last one before Thanksgiving I had a car issue this week. My car got stuck 2 times so I brought it to my mechanic (who we've been going to as a family for 30 years) and he checked out the battery 1st time, ran tests on the alternator 2nd time, wasn't sure which it was so gave me one of HIS batteries to drive around for a week. Long story less long I had no problems with it so it was obviously the battery. Went back to get my battery from him to exchange for one at the store (which I had a warranty on so got it for free) and after all this he charges me a grand total of $20. I'm telling you it's good to have an honest mechanic that you know who will give you a break. He could have easily charged me a couple of hundred bucks for the time he took with it. Have a great Friday!
Wow...that is great that you have a mechanic like that...hope you have no more car issues!
Happy Friday!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Friday!
I have another test for my heart scheduled later this morning, this time it will be a CT scan. Hopefully the results will be normal like the MRI. Then I just have to wear this monitor for another two weeks. Sheesh, I can’t wait until all of this is behind me. At least the monitor will be off by the time December arrives. So other than my appointment I have to run to the butcher, I haven’t ordered my turkey yet! I’ll be working on the laundry in between. Dinner will be bow tie lasagna. I guess that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!

View attachment 40849
Good luck with the CT scan! Praying for normal results.
Dinner sounds great...I am getting my turkey this weekend.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Friday...we made it through another week and less than a week to Thanksgving...yay!! My husband and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow night..it is about 1.5 hrs from here so we are going to spend the night. My kids are staying at my in-laws house.
Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Good Morning, Folks.

Wow. Not too far short of completing a full week of Christmas Season 2017 already!
Time is really slipping away, especially with Thanksgiving now looming so close.

Well, it was pretty nice here yesterday, as our temperatures rose into the mid 60's.

Thanks Crown! Have a great TGIF before Turkey Day!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Friday!
I have another test for my heart scheduled later this morning, this time it will be a CT scan. Hopefully the results will be normal like the MRI. Then I just have to wear this monitor for another two weeks. Sheesh, I can’t wait until all of this is behind me. At least the monitor will be off by the time December arrives. So other than my appointment I have to run to the butcher, I haven’t ordered my turkey yet! I’ll be working on the laundry in between. Dinner will be bow tie lasagna. I guess that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!

View attachment 40849

Keeping you in prayer HMG

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday! TGIF!!!

Good news...my tree is up, my tree is up, MY TREE IS UP!!!! :D
:jump:tree::jump

Loved it this morning when I walked downstairs, flipped the switch & wah lah...it's Christmas!! (ok, so in my house it's Christ-giving, or Thanks-mas yet! HA!) I didn't get the ornaments on but the lights & garland are on. Just needs some tweaking & then ornaments! Jim won't be home tonight so I MIGHT start on ornaments. I'll see once! I love that it's this far!

Just work for me this morning - my sister is bringing Mexican food to moms for lunch so if I want something I need to send her my order. It sounds pretty tasty! Jim is off work today too. His last day off this year. He was planning to get some outside things done at home. xx (trimming shrubs, etc - not Christmas related - lol)

Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Morning MMC! Well as we head towards the weekend and the last one before Thanksgiving I had a car issue this week. My car got stuck 2 times so I brought it to my mechanic (who we've been going to as a family for 30 years) and he checked out the battery 1st time, ran tests on the alternator 2nd time, wasn't sure which it was so gave me one of HIS batteries to drive around for a week. Long story less long I had no problems with it so it was obviously the battery. Went back to get my battery from him to exchange for one at the store (which I had a warranty on so got it for free) and after all this he charges me a grand total of $20. I'm telling you it's good to have an honest mechanic that you know who will give you a break. He could have easily charged me a couple of hundred bucks for the time he took with it. Have a great Friday!
I'm lucky to have a brother who runs a shop, and you're very lucky to have such an honest local mechanic, too!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Friday!

View attachment 40849
I'm praying your tests go well!!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful morning here in southeast Georgia, and not just because this is my last day before my weeklong vacation next week! I'm so ready!

Elizabeth told me that, since their school won the region competition (even though they didn't win State), they still get to go to Disney World in February for an acting workshop! She's super tickled!

Back to work. I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! I have a day off but a ton of things to do. Other than chores at home, I have to pick-up my battery-operated Christmas lights held at the post office, go grocery shopping, find cone-shaped treat bags for party favours, pick-up photos, shop for a dress for our work Christmas party, continue work on the video montage for said party and a playlist. But I'll have another day off on Sunday after a colleague asked me to switch days off, so I'll relax then. Have a wonderful day everyone!
I hope you get everything done you need too & find some time for some relaxation. Enjoy your day off!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I heard that!! Our mechanic is my brother in law & his family - their business. Been in business here since 1947. My nephew is a mechanic there also & my sis works in the office. We are fortunate!!
Have a great day Edge!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I heard that!! Our mechanic is my brother in law & his family - their business. Been in business here since 1947. My nephew is a mechanic there also & my sis works in the office. We are fortunate!!
Have a great day Edge!
Yeah unfortunately a lot of them try to take advantage of people. One time my mechanic was closed due to a fire so I had to go to another mechanic. He did the inspection and then suddenly "you need 4 new tires right away" I said no thanks. When my mechanic opened again a month later I went to him, didn't say anything about what the other mechanic said and asked him to check my tires. His response "Your tires are fine maybe 1 is a little low you might need eventually." Wonder if they looked at the same tires lol.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Friday!

View attachment 40849
Praying for all good results from your CT scan!! xx Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Good Morning, Folks.

Can't believe we are so close to having a full week of "THE season" behind us!! Have a great day & weekend crown!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday...we made it through another week and less than a week to Thanksgving...yay!! My husband and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow night..it is about 1.5 hrs from here so we are going to spend the night. My kids are staying at my in-laws house.
Hope you all have a great day and weekend!
Gotta love a good out of town wedding! Have a great time & a great weekend!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful morning here in southeast Georgia, and not just because this is my last day before my weeklong vacation next week! I'm so ready!

Elizabeth told me that, since their school won the region competition (even though they didn't win State), they still get to go to Disney World in February for an acting workshop! She's super tickled!

Back to work. I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-
Wow, how awesome for Elizabeth! I bet she is tickled!! Have a great last day of work & have a safe & fun filled trip to the mountains!!! Will you be spending Thanksgiving there?

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Yeah unfortunately a lot of them try to take advantage of people. One time my mechanic was closed due to a fire so I had to go to another mechanic. He did the inspection and then suddenly "you need 4 new tires right away" I said no thanks. When my mechanic opened again a month later I went to him, didn't say anything about what the other mechanic said and asked him to check my tires. His response "Your tires are fine maybe 1 is a little low you might need eventually." Wonder if they looked at the same tires lol.
It's amazing, isn't it?? :rolleyes: With all the small towns in this area, they wouldn't stay in business too long if they were crooked. Everybody knows everybody & we talk. Ha ha ha!!! But seriously most people who move away from here to bigger cities come back here to have their vehicles worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image