Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

What a windy day it was yesterday! I went home at lunch to find that the wind had pulled up part of the tin roof on my shop, so I spent my lunch break on the roof, fixing that. I still have to deal with a broken limb on my house roof. It did not detach form the tree, but it's leaning on my roof, and it's too heavy and too high for me to reach, even with Jim's monster extension ladder. I guess I'll have to rent a bucket truck, doggone it.

We're having a plant-wide lunch tomorrow, so that should be fun.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Is this a new limb or the one from a month ago? I had a guy come trim up some limbs over the house and it was cheaper than renting a bucket.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Wednesday/'Pines Day! Sounds like a great double feature shaping up for tonight!

Eeek, the season is racing on too fast! I was hoping to slow down this weekend, but a couple more tasks with a pre-Christmas deadline have popped up ... well, I'll get to that sofa and Christmas DVDs yet somehow!
...visions of Christmas films danced through her head.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Is this a new limb or the one from a month ago? I had a guy come trim up some limbs over the house and it was cheaper than renting a bucket.
It's still that one from a month ago, LOL. I keep thinking I can save a buck by handling it myself, but the logistics are too much for me. It's just too high, and too heavy. We do have a nearby tree surgeon, so I guess I might give him a call for a quote. I'm just too cheap!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
It's still that one from a month ago, LOL. I keep thinking I can save a buck by handling it myself, but the logistics are too much for me. It's just too high, and too heavy. We do have a nearby tree surgeon, so I guess I might give him a call for a quote. I'm just too cheap!
I figured I would rather have his insurance pay for a mess up than I would mine..lol

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Wednesday morning! It's a veritable Winter Wonderland out there with all the snow we got. Even after all these years, I still can't believe that so many people come to shop at our store even with the hard driving conditions we had yesterday.

My boss just texted me letting me know that his father passed away last night. He had been ill for quite some time and had recently been moved to paliative care. My boss knew it was just a matter of days. I'm just glad that he could be with his father last night. It will be a trying time for his family this Christmas, as my boss' ex-wife and mother of his two grown kids also passed away this year (sadly she committed suicide). I will keep all of them in my thoughts.

Wish I could stay in today, bundled up under the covers on the couch with Loki, but I'm working the afternoon/evening shift, so it's time to start getting ready. Enjoy your day everyone.

Prayers for your boss & his family Martine. Sounds like a really tough year!
I hear you wanting to stay snuggled up with Loki today! I could have done the same. I brought Lucy to the beauty parlor at lunch. Brrrrr!
I hope you stay warm & have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
So I brought Lucy to the groomer at lunch ~ she had 3 puppies in there (including Lucy) + a big black fuzzy dog (cute!), + her own 2 dogs!!! She's a crazy woman!! Ha ha ha!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'm off to pick up my little Lu, a trip to the grocery, a stop at Moms & then I'll hopefully be in for the night, working away on the shrug & watching CHRISTMAS on tv!!
Everyone, have a great night!!!

upload_2017-12-13_15-32-29.png

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
It seems that I have now caught the sinus issues/cold/maybe infection that has been going around. I swear it wouldn't feel like Christmas if I wasn't guzzling Dayquil. This happens to me EVERY YEAR!!
Join the club..the whole house here has it. Mainlining Dayquil and then Nyquil before bed.
Maybe a few 6 hour Energy just to get thru the cookie-rama sessions.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Wednesday morning! It's a veritable Winter Wonderland out there with all the snow we got. Even after all these years, I still can't believe that so many people come to shop at our store even with the hard driving conditions we had yesterday.

My boss just texted me letting me know that his father passed away last night. He had been ill for quite some time and had recently been moved to paliative care. My boss knew it was just a matter of days. I'm just glad that he could be with his father last night. It will be a trying time for his family this Christmas, as my boss' ex-wife and mother of his two grown kids also passed away this year (sadly she committed suicide). I will keep all of them in my thoughts.

Wish I could stay in today, bundled up under the covers on the couch with Loki, but I'm working the afternoon/evening shift, so it's time to start getting ready. Enjoy your day everyone.

Sending up prayers for your boss and his family.
xx

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
It seems that I have now caught the sinus issues/cold/maybe infection that has been going around. I swear it wouldn't feel like Christmas if I wasn't guzzling Dayquil. This happens to me EVERY YEAR!!
I hope you medicate this infection right out before Christmas. Feel better sugarmuffin25.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! It is currently -27°C/-16°F with the windchill factor. Loki will need his sweater for his walk. I feel like I am running out of time to prepare everything for Christmas. This cold really set me back on all fronts. Mentally preparing for a veey busy weekend to try and catch up. Have a great day everyone!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Thursday morning! It is currently -27°C/-16°F with the windchill factor. Loki will need his sweater for his walk. I feel like I am running out of time to prepare everything for Christmas. This cold really set me back on all fronts. Mentally preparing for a veey busy weekend to try and catch up. Have a great day everyone!

Such a hard time of the year to get sick. I hope you’re feeling better and that you are able to catch up with everything. Keep warm and have a nice day. Hugs to you and Loki!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Join the club..the whole house here has it. Mainlining Dayquil and then Nyquil before bed.
Maybe a few 6 hour Energy just to get thru the cookie-rama sessions.

I hope everyone gets well very soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning! Hope everyone who is sick feels better. At work half the building is sick and I've been just hoping I don't get it. I had it before Thanksgiving so I really don't want it again. Loving my 2 Christmas shows a day theme this week. Think maybe it should be a new tradition for me starting December 1. Maybe would be better if I started it November 1. That's a lot of Christmas shows but I've got a lot and a lot on t.v. of course. Christmas party tonight. Hard to believe it's my 6th one. I remember my 1st like it was yesterday. It's always fun. Have a great Friday Eve!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning and Happy Thursday!
We got a couple of inches of snow overnight, looks pretty out there. It will be clearing by this afternoon and we’ll have a high of 34 degrees. I have an appointment later this morning to have my hair cut and colored. I plan on Christmas shopping this afternoon. Daily chores in between. Dinner will be chicken parm and spaghetti. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!

BE7D35D8-84C8-409C-B482-CAB579C3EB1C.png

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
** CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY 32 **

Good Morning, Friends of the Season!

And we are quickly moving right along through Christmas Season 2017, really starting to close in now on the Big Day itself.

The count:
Days to Christmas Day: 11
What's this? SINGLE DIGITS from THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW??
(Why, Christmas is practically here!!)

It was cold all day yesterday, topping out in the low 40's.
Today should be close to 10 degrees warmer before chilly weather again returns for tomorrow. At least no precipitation is in the forecast.
We perceive 37 degrees on our back door thermometer currently, but it's sunny and calm.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Everyone.
Get ready for the next-to-the-last Weekend Eve before Christmas, tomorrow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
** CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY 32 **

Good Morning, Friends of the Season!

And we are quickly moving right along through Christmas Season 2017, really starting to close in now on the Big Day itself.

The count:
Days to Christmas Day: 11
What's this? SINGLE DIGITS from THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW??
(Why, Christmas is practically here!!)

It was cold all day yesterday, topping out in the low 40's.
Today should be close to 10 degrees warmer before chilly weather again returns for tomorrow. At least no precipitation is in the forecast.
We perceive 37 degrees on our back door thermometer currently, but it's sunny and calm.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Everyone.
Get ready for the next-to-the-last Weekend Eve before Christmas, tomorrow!
Thanks Crown! I wish this morning was Christmas with the few inches of snow we have falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image