Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Weekend, MMC folks!!
All the sports fans here are watching NHL playoffs and the Toronto Blue Jays. Hockey and baseball have always been the 2 traditional favorite sports of the Maritimes. Of course there are plenty of football and basketball fans as well.

Have you noticed that another Christmas Like holiday is coming up on Sunday?
National Jelly Bean Day:

You can read all about it here:

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/jelly-bean-day/

Enjoy you weekend!!
Now I want some jelly beans!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Have a great weekend MMC!!!!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Happy Friday, all! Weekend Eve!

Looking forward to some crochet time. I discovered a candy-cane-striped border that I'm eager to try out on a Christmas-colored lap robe I made! It'll look something like this (photo from Internet):

View attachment 43854

I tried it out last night, but literally got it backward, so I'm starting all over this weekend. Happily, there are videos out there to show me the right way!

I like it Merry, it looks very festive! I'm looking forward to seeing the end results to all of your effort in doing that!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Morning MMC. TGIF! Last night the NFL Schedules were released and I've said before how that's a milestone marker for myself. I always look forward to seeing it come out and just seeing the months of the Bers on the schedule with games is just really cool and fun. And I checked out the Thanksgiving Day Schedule as I always do. Just something amazing about Thanksgiving Day Football. Hope you all enjoy your TGIF!
I'm looking forward to the Patriot/Steeler contest in week 15.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! Apparently Spring is coming. There were tiny snowflakes this morning but now the sun is trying to come out and starting tomorrow, temperatures will FINALLY be going up above 10°C/50°F. And of course I'll be working this weekend and won't get to enjoy the actual arrival of Spring. I have the day off today but then I'll be working 6 straight days before enjoying a 3-day weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying a great Friday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
** TRAVEL ALERT **

Well, the Crowns head to the coast tomorrow morning to check on the cottage to see how it fared over the winter and to begin preparations for our 48th consecutive rental season!
A volunteer counter will be needed for only one day, Sunday. Anyone feel like manning the bridge the day after tomorrow?
I can fill in for you Sunday unless someone else wants to take it on. Getting close to big double milestones!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC. It's cold but sunny. It should be nice this weekend with temps getting closer slowly but surely towards normal. It's been a slow spring for sure. Makes us appreciate the better weather as it comes though. A pretty normal Saturday here which is a good thing. Have a great one!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.
Welcome to another Wondrous Weekend!

We are just about to leave for the cottage but I've got enough time to get the count numbers in for the day:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

And a quick look at the Milestone status shows that we are really closing in now on our next two markers.
First to arrive will be the 1/3 point to Christmas Day, coming our way in a scant FIVE days.
Then, 200-Day Season Window, arriving in SIX.
(BOTH of our markers are now less than a week away!)

We continue cool but comfortable, since there is plenty of sun and no wind. The pollen has settled down to a very dull roar, as well.
The weekend here in central NC has commended at 43 degrees and we are headed for the mid 60's by this afternoon.

Our ever-dependable Edge will be filling in for me here tomorrow morning in his usual classy style, and we extend a "Thanks" to him in advance!

Have a Sensational Saturday and a great weekend, Everyone!
See you here bright and early on Monday morning.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
Welcome to another Wondrous Weekend!

We are just about to leave for the cottage but I've got enough time to get the count numbers in for the day:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

And a quick look at the Milestone status shows that we are really closing in now on our next two markers.
First to arrive will be the 1/3 point to Christmas Day, coming our way in a scant FIVE days.
Then, 200-Day Season Window, arriving in SIX.
(BOTH of our markers are now less than a week away!)

We continue cool but comfortable, since there is plenty of sun and no wind. The pollen has settled down to a very dull roar, as well.
The weekend here in central NC has commended at 43 degrees and we are headed for the mid 60's by this afternoon.

Our ever-dependable Edge will be filling in for me here tomorrow morning in his usual classy style, and we extend a "Thanks" to him in advance!

Have a Sensational Saturday and a great weekend, Everyone!
See you here bright and early on Monday morning.
Thanks Crown! Have a great little trip this weekend!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Saturday MMC!
It’s going to be sunny today with temperatures in the upper 50’s. I’m bring Rocky to obedience school later this morning. I plan on taking a ride to HomeGoods this afternoon to pick up a couple things. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. We’re grilling burgers for dinner tonight that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning ... nice sunny day here today which is good since our daughter has a softball game later today. By the time her game is done it will be to late to cook so we are picking up wings for dinner :) Hope everyone has a great day!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Satisfying Saturday Sunshine! Say that three times lol! Good morning. As I mentioned above, sunny day, with full sunshine today, and it feels great coming thru the windows. The kitties are loving it too, they are laying where the suns rays are hitting on the chair and floor.

I’ve been in a cleaning House mood ever since I woke up this morning. I did the dishes, cleaned the cat box, two tubs of laundry, vacuumed, took out the trash and well, you get the point. I am going to finally get dressed and get out of my pjs and go venture outside for a little while in just a bit.

Isn’t it wild how we are just blowing thru the month of April and soon we will be into those May Flowers!! I’ve been reading online where the Hallmark channel and lifetime channels are going to have a whole bunch of new movies for this Christmas season. The internet is full of all kinds of news and events for the upcoming 2018 Christmas Season. Sure does give me a lot to look forward too!

Well, enjoy your Saturday!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Trying to get rid of a doggone headache while getting some household chores done. Gotta run out and buy some baby yarn---one of Mr.'s cousins has a baby who is being christened in May, so I have to start a baby afghan ASAP! I think it will be a double-crochet ripple pattern in pink and white (it's a girl).

I re-started the candy-cane-stripe border last night (doing it the right way this time!) and it's looking good, but I have to pack it away while I get going on the baby afghan. I'll wait until the border is done to take photos.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy Saturday MMC!
It’s going to be sunny today with temperatures in the upper 50’s. I’m bring Rocky to obedience school later this morning. I plan on taking a ride to HomeGoods this afternoon to pick up a couple things. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. We’re grilling burgers for dinner tonight that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
How did Rocky's second course go? We're about to have burgers as well but the veggie kind. Have a great evening HMG!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday end of day! FINALLY it's Spring! A beautiful sunny day, but I worked so I wasn't able to enjoy it entirely. Right now we have the patio door open some, letting fresh air in. Feels really nice. Hope everyone has been enjoying this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image