Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good evening MMC !
Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I hope you have a blessed 2018. I had taken a break From MMC to focus on a lot of stuff the last several months of 2017. Missed it! Y’all have a good day.
Welcome home !
Oh! I almost forgot.

Amazing daughter #1 announced this week that she is with child.

2018 will make me a Grandpa again.

Nothing but joy in that announcement. A real gift.
That is so awesome, congrats!

For all the stargazers on here, tonight is a "supermoon". :)
It is snowing again so no chance of seeing it

So great to see you all here, I feel like it should be a day later than it is.
We usually put away decorations on this day but no one felt like it so we will get at it later this week.

Already planing for gingerbread house competition that is in November. Theme is “Sparkle & Shine” ...just like Christmas!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
The CNN coverage was horrible I thought. Tried Fox and it wasnt much better. One other (Earth Cam) was bad. I didnt even like the singers.

The only way is to ignore the show and tune in about two minutes before midnight for the final countdown ... works for us!

That's exactly what we do, Merry.
It was so different back in the mid 1970's and earlier before Guy Lombardo died. He had such a wonderful orchestra. ("The sweetest music this side of heaven".)
In those days it all was about quiet, soft and sentimental music, memories and reflections as the final hours wound down.
Now, it's about rock music and noise. No thanks. We just wait for the ball to drop, then go to bed.

I so much agree with all of you!!!!!

We searched all over the channels for a TV station that had a nice New Years Eve countdown/ program...we drew a blank!!! The Dick Clark one was awful (that poor man probably turns in his grave to see what they do now, in his name), the CNN pot heads - ugghhh; say no more, Fox News - was terribly bad as well.... , All the announcers that I saw on TV sounded like idiots....

Whatever happened to the day where there were decent and moral musicians, talents, and shows on. We even tried CMT and nothing.... I wish there was a New Years EveSpecial on TCM, Hallmark, or something like that. And yes Crown, I remember the days of Lawrence Welk, Guy Lombardo, and many more, like old country/ western bands and singers, nice pop music groups (Ummmm; Dee-J-spank-me or the bim-bo-romp-a-roo dancers) and hip-hop music does not work for me. That's like saying "oh yes, please, I want to bring in the New Year with a Migraine"!

Gosh, I can remember when they used to put on the three stooges marathon, that ran for hours before and after midnight. The Batman and Robin movie on TV around midnight, and oh so many more traditional movies, and shows...

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We had an epic Christmas gathering for New Year's Eve this year. This is what happens as the kids get older and become "adults", I suppose.

But last night was so epic. Maybe we started a new tradition. We draw names for Secret Santa every year and this year those gifts were opened on New Year's Eve. It made for a lot of laughs and entertainment not usually seen on New Year's Eve. Stayed up til almost 3am, just visiting.

It's got me invigorated. Look at me, I'm posting in the countdown thread!

I totally Love that idea!!! Thank you for sharing with us and yes, it's always great to see you and your posts!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I so much agree with all of you!!!!!

We searched all over the channels for a TV station that had a nice New Years Eve countdown/ program...we drew a blank!!! The Dick Clark one was awful (that poor man probably turns in his grave to see what they do now, in his name), the CNN pot heads - ugghhh; say no more, Fox News - was terribly bad as well.... , All the announcers that I saw on TV sounded like idiots....

Whatever happened to the day where there were decent and moral musicians, talents, and shows on. We even tried CMT and nothing.... I wish there was a New Years EveSpecial on TCM, Hallmark, or something like that. And yes Crown, I remember the days of Lawrence Welk, Guy Lombardo, and many more, like old country/ western bands and singers, nice pop music groups (Ummmm; Dee-J-spank-me or the bim-bo-romp-a-roo dancers) and hip-hop music does not work for me. That's like saying "oh yes, please, I want to bring in the New Year with a Migraine"!

Gosh, I can remember when they used to put on the three stooges marathon, that ran for hours before and after midnight. The Batman and Robin movie on TV around midnight, and oh so many more traditional movies, and shows...
Where I come from, they used to run a Marx Brothers marathon on New Year’s Eve. That was heaven to me! Channel 38 still runs the Stooges marathon, BTW. Mr. checks to see what short is running after midnight. This year it ended at 1 a.m.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

A new year is here, I hope it will be better than the last. I disappeared from here in April or May last year. I popped in a few times the rest of the year but nothing regular. I told you my wife and I seperated back in September, we got back together and seperated again in November. My grandfather passed away in November and the time we spent reflecting after he passed brought us back together. Everything finally caught up to me at the end of November, and I had a breakdown where I had to go to the hospital. I am still recovering from the breakdown, but I am still doing everything I normally do. My wife and I are doing a lot better, we worked a lot of things out, us and the boys had a great Christmas. Between my grandfather's passing and the Christmas season, I believe those two things have saved our marriage.
I hope to be here more often this year and visit all of you.
I hope you all had a nice Christmas and a happy new year.
Ron

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Where I come from, they used to run a Marx Brothers marathon on New Year’s Eve. That was heaven to me! Channel 38 still runs the Stooges marathon, BTW. Mr. checks to see what short is running after midnight. This year it ended at 1 a.m.
I forgot to watch Channel 38's marathon this year.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Oh! I almost forgot.

Congratulations!!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com

A new year is here, I hope it will be better than the last. I disappeared from here in April or May last year. I popped in a few times the rest of the year but nothing regular. I told you my wife and I seperated back in September, we got back together and seperated again in November. My grandfather passed away in November and the time we spent reflecting after he passed brought us back together. Everything finally caught up to me at the end of November, and I had a breakdown where I had to go to the hospital. I am still recovering from the breakdown, but I am still doing everything I normally do. My wife and I are doing a lot better, we worked a lot of things out, us and the boys had a great Christmas. Between my grandfather's passing and the Christmas season, I believe those two things have saved our marriage.
Ron

Ron,

Nice to see you back. I was worried about you.

Can't imagine all you have been through but grateful you have once again come home.

Jeff

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA

Ron
Ron, I hope 2018 is a lot kinder to you. Welcome back, you know you’re always among friends here.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Oh! I almost forgot.

Congratulations, Jeff!!!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

Ron

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, Xmas. My thoughts are with you.

I'm glad something good came out of it though and that things are better on the home front. Here's hoping the new year brings nothing but continued strengthening of that bond.

mike24forever

Christmas Lifer
MMC Lifer
Mar 17, 2011
Otonabee, Ontario
Thanks Made582 and Happy New Year to you as well. I hope you enjoyed it. I can’t believe it’s been over 5 years since that episode first aired.

Trina, Mary and myself are doing well and just enjoying the holidays. Hope all is well with you.

Happy New Year, Mike!!! I just watched you on TV last night. Hope all is going well there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image