Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I so much agree with all of you!!!!!

We searched all over the channels for a TV station that had a nice New Years Eve countdown/ program...we drew a blank!!! The Dick Clark one was awful (that poor man probably turns in his grave to see what they do now, in his name), the CNN pot heads - ugghhh; say no more, Fox News - was terribly bad as well.... , All the announcers that I saw on TV sounded like idiots....

Whatever happened to the day where there were decent and moral musicians, talents, and shows on. We even tried CMT and nothing.... I wish there was a New Years EveSpecial on TCM, Hallmark, or something like that. And yes Crown, I remember the days of Lawrence Welk, Guy Lombardo, and many more, like old country/ western bands and singers, nice pop music groups (Ummmm; Dee-J-spank-me or the bim-bo-romp-a-roo dancers) and hip-hop music does not work for me. That's like saying "oh yes, please, I want to bring in the New Year with a Migraine"!

Gosh, I can remember when they used to put on the three stooges marathon, that ran for hours before and after midnight. The Batman and Robin movie on TV around midnight, and oh so many more traditional movies, and shows...
I read all these post and realized I agree with you all also. We checked out quite a few channels and finally stumbled on the countdown at Disney World. That one was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it. I think from now on that’s the one we’re going to tune in to

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

A new year is here, I hope it will be better than the last. I disappeared from here in April or May last year. I popped in a few times the rest of the year but nothing regular. I told you my wife and I seperated back in September, we got back together and seperated again in November. My grandfather passed away in November and the time we spent reflecting after he passed brought us back together. Everything finally caught up to me at the end of November, and I had a breakdown where I had to go to the hospital. I am still recovering from the breakdown, but I am still doing everything I normally do. My wife and I are doing a lot better, we worked a lot of things out, us and the boys had a great Christmas. Between my grandfather's passing and the Christmas season, I believe those two things have saved our marriage.
I hope to be here more often this year and visit all of you.
I hope you all had a nice Christmas and a happy new year.
Ron
Welcome home
((((HUGS))))
Sounds like it’s been a really rough year, but it’s also been a year we’ve kept on fighting and that’s a positive thing of it. My prayers continue to go out to you and your family.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good morning MMC!

Lotta snow again last night. We have not seen this much snow for quite some time. Does not make driving very much fun. Also still quite cold with a windchill of -23c (-9f)
Well I’m out to clean off the van and warm it up in a few minutes and then off to work. After that I have to drive Mom to an appointment out of town. It’s only a half hour drive from here so hopefully the roads are clear by then.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Oh! I almost forgot.

Amazing daughter #1 announced this week that she is with child.

2018 will make me a Grandpa again.

Nothing but joy in that announcement. A real gift.
Congratulations.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
For all the stargazers on here, tonight is a "supermoon". :)
Good (early) morning Meceka. No doubt, I let one of my pups out around 3AM and did not even need to turn on an outside light. Very calming against the snow base. Now if we could just warm up a hair or two...
New Year 2018.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning MMC!

Lotta snow again last night. We have not seen this much snow for quite some time. Does not make driving very much fun. Also still quite cold with a windchill of -23c (-9f)
Well I’m out to clean off the van and warm it up in a few minutes and then off to work. After that I have to drive Mom to an appointment out of town. It’s only a half hour drive from here so hopefully the roads are clear by then.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Greetings Christmasstar. Snowfall here in SD has only been an inch or so at a time and I think it is still less than 8 inches for the season thus far. Currently -13 with a wind chill of -26. Hopefully we will break the zero mark today.
Be safe and have a great new year...
2018 Wishes.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Back to work after being off 9 out of the last 11 days. And it's still cold out there but supposed to "warm up" to the low 20s today. Well the one good thing is nobody is going to rush to take their lights down with this cold weather so we get to enjoy them for a good part of January. That's one thing I like about it. Have a great 1st work day of the year!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
I so much agree with all of you!!!!!

We searched all over the channels for a TV station that had a nice New Years Eve countdown/ program...we drew a blank!!! The Dick Clark one was awful (that poor man probably turns in his grave to see what they do now, in his name), the CNN pot heads - ugghhh; say no more, Fox News - was terribly bad as well.... , All the announcers that I saw on TV sounded like idiots....

Whatever happened to the day where there were decent and moral musicians, talents, and shows on. We even tried CMT and nothing.... I wish there was a New Years EveSpecial on TCM, Hallmark, or something like that. And yes Crown, I remember the days of Lawrence Welk, Guy Lombardo, and many more, like old country/ western bands and singers, nice pop music groups (Ummmm; Dee-J-spank-me or the bim-bo-romp-a-roo dancers) and hip-hop music does not work for me. That's like saying "oh yes, please, I want to bring in the New Year with a Migraine"!

Gosh, I can remember when they used to put on the three stooges marathon, that ran for hours before and after midnight. The Batman and Robin movie on TV around midnight, and oh so many more traditional movies, and shows...
Hi there xmastidings. I just tuned in to the time for the NY ball to drop and then the New Orleans countdown (I live in the Central Time Zone) and that was all. As far as TV marathons, the Sci-Fi Channel was showing the Twilight Zone for the entire day+. I also grew up watching the older celebrations with my parents. The big bands, people on the dance floor, the countdown and of course Guy doing Auld Lang Syne.
I guess that's why they call them the "Good Old Days".
Have a phenomenal 2018...
GUY LOMBARDO.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Where I come from, they used to run a Marx Brothers marathon on New Year’s Eve. That was heaven to me! Channel 38 still runs the Stooges marathon, BTW. Mr. checks to see what short is running after midnight. This year it ended at 1 a.m.
Morning Merry. As in an earlier post, it was the Twilight Zone for the marathon here (which also ended around 1AM). We usually just find a good movie to watch and then put it on pause to catch the EST & CST midnight celebrations.
Hope yours went well...
goodbye 2017 welcome 2018.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD

A new year is here, I hope it will be better than the last. I disappeared from here in April or May last year. I popped in a few times the rest of the year but nothing regular. I told you my wife and I seperated back in September, we got back together and seperated again in November. My grandfather passed away in November and the time we spent reflecting after he passed brought us back together. Everything finally caught up to me at the end of November, and I had a breakdown where I had to go to the hospital. I am still recovering from the breakdown, but I am still doing everything I normally do. My wife and I are doing a lot better, we worked a lot of things out, us and the boys had a great Christmas. Between my grandfather's passing and the Christmas season, I believe those two things have saved our marriage.
Ron
Morning Ron. Sorry to hear of your rough 2017 and I pray the New Year finds much more happiness for all the members of your family.
Happy New Year 2018.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning MMC! Back to work after being off 9 out of the last 11 days. And it's still cold out there but supposed to "warm up" to the low 20s today. Well the one good thing is nobody is going to rush to take their lights down with this cold weather so we get to enjoy them for a good part of January. That's one thing I like about it. Have a great 1st work day of the year!
Greetings Edge. Yes, the weather outside will keep my decorations up awhile as well. We are not even expecting the 20's until this coming weekend. Tonight will be my first workday of 2018 as well since I was off on Sunday and Monday.
Enjoy the New Year...
Welcome 2018.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Happy New Year to all. May this year be full of joy and happiness for you all.
Greetings and the best of the New Year to you and yours as well. I trust all your desires will become reality in 2018...
A Leap to 2018.jpg

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Ron

Welcome back Ron. Wishing you and your family many blessings in the new year ahead {{{hugs}}}

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Tuesday!
It’s going to be sunny with a high of 24, we’re currently at 14 degrees. Not too much going on here, my husband heads back to work today after being off for a week. I am still fighting this cold, hopefully I’ll find some time to relax now that we’re back to our regular routines.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Greetings all. The holidays are over and 2018 really kicks into gear. There may be quite a few changes in my household over the next few months, but I will take them one at a time if and when they occur. For now, it is time to relax and look towards all the positive happenings that can be found if I just take the time to really look. And since God and I (as well as the Lord and anyone else) constitute a majority, I'll be just fine.
Have a great first week of January...
2018 Wishes.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Tuesday!
It’s going to be sunny with a high of 24, we’re currently at 14 degrees. Not too much going on here, my husband heads back to work today after being off for a week. I am still fighting this cold, hopefully I’ll find some time to relax now that we’re back to our regular routines.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx
Good morning HMG. Praying your illness passes quickly and that taking the time to relax will help to start off your New Year on a positive note. Hang in there...
Best wishes for 2018.jpg

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, New Year Counters!

And just as sure as the calendar flips, we return to our long-familiar countdown format.
Time to settle into the groove and relax a bit as we.......
Wait!!
What's this??
Our first Milestone Marker. Can it be? Can it really be?
It's just 15 days away! Scarcely a day over two weeks!
And can you believe -- it's the 300-day Season Window?
(Well hey, Folks. What can I say? It's the beauty of the Season count, which has been silently running ever since last November 13.)

Days to the Season: 315
Days to Christmas Day: 357

Old Man Winter has settled in and plans to reside here for quite a while, I'm afraid. We did not see the freezing mark all day yesterday and we are starting off this morning at 16 degrees.
Again, we are not predicted to surpass freezing all day.
BRRR!!!

But you have a Terrific Tuesday Friends, whatever your weather!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The CNN coverage was horrible I thought. Tried Fox and it wasnt much better. One other (Earth Cam) was bad. I didnt even like the singers.

My husband was keen on watching Anderson and Andy; I was bored, thankfully, I had the forums to keep me company. Fireworks were cancelled for many places due to the freezing cold warnings. Most of the people who went to our local fireworks (I could watch them go off from my kitchen window) were watching them from the comforts of their vehicles; the horns honking made more noise than a flock of geese. I like a bit of entertainment along with the "ball dropping" and fireworks not just people talking for a few hours.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Oh! I almost forgot.

Amazing daughter #1 announced this week that she is with child.

2018 will make me a Grandpa again.

Nothing but joy in that announcement. A real gift.

That's fantastic news; we are also expecting another Grandchild to love (July). I told number 1 son that I already bought the first gift when he reversed his vasectomy 2 years ago. Not that I was eager to get things rolling ... I love buying gifts for the little grands and watching them grow up into lovely beings.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Congratulations!!

The door is always open ... glad you've worker out your rough patch and sorry to hear about your grandfather passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image