Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Goal-Pursuers!

And our ultimate goal is almost within reach, now.

Let's look at today's data, which could cause a reaction of surprise, delight, wonder or fright. Take your pick! (Or maybe, all three.)

Days to Christmas Day: 11
Barely over 1 1/2 weeks up the road, and SINGLE DIGITS from the day after tomorrow!
(Better be getting those Christmas plans and that gift shopping rushed to completion!)

Still the gradual warm-up, and nearly all of our recent snow has now disappeared.
Rain is predicted for today and tomorrow, which hopefully will wash away all that nasty salt brine they put on the roads to melt the snow.
Our temps should be in the mid 50's today and 60's tomorrow.
This fine Weekend Eve has launched here in central NC at 44 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
Looks to be a great next-to-the-last Weekend Eve before Christmas Day!
Thanks Crown. Glad to hear you didnt get buried in snow.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Goal-Pursuers!

And our ultimate goal is almost within reach, now.

Let's look at today's data, which could cause a reaction of surprise, delight, wonder or fright. Take your pick! (Or maybe, all three.)

Days to Christmas Day: 11
Barely over 1 1/2 weeks up the road, and SINGLE DIGITS from the day after tomorrow!
(Better be getting those Christmas plans and that gift shopping rushed to completion!)

Still the gradual warm-up, and nearly all of our recent snow has now disappeared.
Rain is predicted for today and tomorrow, which hopefully will wash away all that nasty salt brine they put on the roads to melt the snow.
Our temps should be in the mid 50's today and 60's tomorrow.
This fine Weekend Eve has launched here in central NC at 44 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
Looks to be a great next-to-the-last Weekend Eve before Christmas Day!
Thanks Crown! We don't have much time left!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday evening! It is raining here and it might all turn to ice overnight. My work week is done and I am looking soooo forward to a weekend off. I have to go shopping for gifts, will do that very early to avoid the crowds. But mostly I need some rest. Hope everyone will enjoy a great weekend!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Well hello everyone!

I promise I did not disappear, I have just been busy. I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season.

Though I have been busy, part of that busy has been enjoying family Christmas activities. I am still having a hard time believing how close Christmas day is! :eek:

Here is Ohio it looks like we are going to have a warmish week leading up to Christmas. The weather folk are saying that it will cool down right before Christmas and snow might show up just a little too late for Christmas. I am hoping the snow arrives a couple of days earlier than they are expecting.
:snowball

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday morning! It's going to be above the freezing point today and sunny. Rare to find that combination this time of year. It will be a perfect day/evening to go to my city's Christmas market! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! The Weekend before Christmas Weekend? Oh boy better get everything ready now. I am pretty much booked this weekend so I won't have much free time to relax but tonight is the one time I should which will be nice to put on some Christmas shows, wrap and have some Christmas cookies. Have a great day!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all,

Windy and a little rain here.

Today should be a nice relaxing day with nothing on my schedule until the Browns game this evening.

I plan on enjoying lots of Christmas music and movies today.

This coming week of school is only 4 days and Thursday is an earlier dismissal (for us teachers too). Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are semester exams which makes those days seem to go on forever.

The exciting thing is that Nathan (my oldest) is coming home on Thursday morning from the Army. We have not seen him since he left for Basic Training in the end of July. He is in AIT (advanced individual training- learning his job) and they get time off for Christmas.

Well, everyone have a great day!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Merry Saturday! I have a little left to do then I can wrap. Since I got most of Carolinas toys in the summer I totally forgot to buy clothes to give her for Christmas so I will be doing that tomorrow after work. Mike pretty much has to work every weekend for the rest of the year except for today and next Saturday. We wont get to see his grandparents the weekend after Christmas as we originally planned. That will take place sometime in the middle of January now. Have a merry day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Single-Digit Thresholders!

And miracle of miracles, we do indeed find ourselves standing right on the threshold of SINGLE DIGITS to Christmas Day 2018.

The count does not lie:
Days to Christmas Day: 10
Yep. FINAL DAY of double-digits, alright!

The warmer temps yesterday polished off the remainder of our snow.
It was replaced by rain however, which fell most of the day adding to the saturation already caused by the melting snow.
A light rain has continued to fall this morning, with a predicted high in the 50's.
This first day of the next-to-the last weekend before Christmas has begun here at
45 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Don't forget the bowl games start today!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Saturday ~
I’m moving a bit slow today, we went to my husbands company Christmas party last night and got in very late. I’m going to make a big food shopping trip after I finish my cup of coffee. Other than that I will be working on the laundry. We also have to attend a surprise birthday party this evening. I’m getting a break from cooking dinner two days in a row. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday! I am having a lazy Saturday morning and having a cup of coffee. I got pretty much all my shopping done yesterday. I just need to get a few stocking stuffers and couple of gift cards. Today my youngest daughter has a basketball game and then tonight my husband and I are going to a Christmas party. Hope you all have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Single-Digit Thresholders!

And miracle of miracles, we do indeed find ourselves standing right on the threshold of SINGLE DIGITS to Christmas Day 2018.

The count does not lie:
Days to Christmas Day: 10
Yep. FINAL DAY of double-digits, alright!

The warmer temps yesterday polished off the remainder of our snow.
It was replaced by rain however, which fell most of the day adding to the saturation already caused by the melting snow.
A light rain has continued to fall this morning, with a predicted high in the 50's.
This first day of the next-to-the last weekend before Christmas has begun here at
45 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Don't forget the bowl games start today!
Thanks Crown! The end of the double digits!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Mike and I went to our local mall today so he could get me my Christmas gift. He is getting me a new pair of sneakers so I needed to try them on and pick out what I wanted. The last time I got a decent pair of sneakers was the year Carolina was born. He gave me them as a Christmas present also then.
Carolina has her first loose tooth so she has started to question me on what would happen if her tooth fell out on Christmas Eve. It's only a little wiggly so I doubt that will happen but think it's cute she is worried about it

Marshmallow05

Hot chocolate expert
MMC Member
Jun 18, 2014
The Netherlands
The first snow of the season has finally arrived where I live. What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning. It’s really beginning to look alot like Christmas..

Tomorrow is the start of my last work week this year! I wish everyone a great sunday!

:snowball

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! The Christmas market yesterday was nice but there were fewer booths than the last time we went and everything was muddy from the snow melting with the rain we had the day before. We did eat delicious warm apple and maple doughnuts so it was worth the visit.

Ao today is the big day to buy my gifts. I have never been so late in buying gifts. I’m going very early so I’ll avoid the big crowds. Wishing everyone a great day ahead!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
HoHoHello my merry chums -surprise-

On Tuesday, I get to connect with my brother from Ottawa whom I haven't seen since the celebration of life for my mom. We only exchanged birthday greetings via text on our cell phones, and ones via a message on FB.

I am so pleased that my dad has decided to decorate for Christmas. He's setting up the tree today and decorating the mantel; he wasn't sure about the outdoor lights, but knowing my other brother is coming for Christmas, he is hoping to do it all, including lighting the annual luminaries. He also realized, in chatting with my brother, that it wasn't fair to me to cancel Christmas so we are exchanging one gift each to keep things somewhat traditional.

O'Malley is already getting curious about the rattling of bags making their way in here and keeps hoping there are treats for him, but they are gifts for children of co-workers and a ton for the local Crisis Centre; items for different ages.

I am wrapping gifts today and delivering festive chocolates and cookies (next Saturday) to the various teams that keep our community safe and give up their time with family through their choice of profession as officers, paramedics, firefighters, addiction and rehab councilors, etc.

I am committed to making this an extra special Christmas and I know my mom would be pleased that I'm giving some of her jewelry away as well to a co-worker with teenage daughters who is struggling a bit financially.

Keep a merry thought in your head! :lightman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image