Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Friday evening! I was at work for 13 hours today, I am really tired. It started out like a normal day but following a meeting in the afternoon, I had a lot of items added to my to-do list before I go on vacation on Monday, so it ended up being a painfully long day. On the upside, temperatures were really mild and ice has started to melt everywhere, a true sign of Spring to come. Hope everyone has had a great day and wish all of you a great weekend ahead.

Solice, Bradmac, ballcoach and 4 others like this.
  2. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

@ballcoach hope you and everyone in your family battling the flu feel better fast.

3. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Saturday has arrived and it's St. Patrick's Day Eve - Day! :shakeit

When I went to Ireland with my parents and brothers back in '91; we never bent over to kiss the blarney stone.

When we were touring Kilkenny Castle; I spotted tourists from Germany taking photos of one of my brothers obviously recognizing him or because of the outlandish family tartan he was wearing. Totally ruined the day for my other brother - they were and sometimes still are competitive for applause.

Naturally, there have been several Irish tunes floating around in my head and emitting from my laptop speakers including Christmas in Killarney.

Green; the colour of Christmas, Shamrocks, etc.

Keep a merry thought in your head!

Solice, Bradmac, Martine and 6 others like this.
  4. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Happy Final Weekend of Winter MMC! We made it to the end of that long journey known as winter! Or just about to the end of it and I'm glad. Think of this: The next weekend that is a "Winter Weekend" is...Christmas Weekend. Let that hit you. It sure hits me. Have a great Saturday!

Solice, Bradmac, Martine and 4 others like this.
  5. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Good morning ~
    It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 45-50 degrees. Not too much going on here today, I’m going to do some food shopping this morning. Back home afterward to work on my daily chores. I plan on visiting my parents later this afternoon. And it should be a relaxing evening, we’re going to order pizza and catch up on some shows. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
    xx

6. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Sending get well wishes, I hope your daughter gets well soon!

7. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Thanks, I’m working this weekend. Hope you enjoy too!

8. sugar142286

Happy Milestone Day!

9. sugar142286

So scary! Praying for all involved!

10. sugar142286

Prayers that she is soon feeling better!

11. sugar142286

Very nice, Auntie!

12. sugar142286

Enjoy the visit with your parents and enjoy the day. Sounds fun!

13. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Aww...poor girl..hope she is better soon!

14. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Happy Saturday! I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and fell back asleep but still have one this morning. Feels like it could be a sinus headache. Not too much planned today...just some cleaning around the house and I would maybe like to go to Homegoods..we’ll see. Have a great day!

Solice, Bradmac, Martine and 3 others like this.
  15. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew

Good Morning, Milestone Passers!

Yep, Folks. If you missed yesterday's count post, be advised that we transitioned from the first to the second third of our Season count. That was Milestone marker number four.

<< OK, Crown. What about marker number five? >>
    Hold on, little voice. Wouldn't you like a day off to relax?
    << No! Please, Crown. Tell us what the next one is, pleeeeese?? >>
    Well.....OK. But not until after the daily numbers have been posted.
    << Awwww! >>
    Have patience, little friend.

Here are today's count figures:
    Days to the Season: 242
    Days to Christmas Day: 284

Now -- sans further ado -- marker number FIVE.
    (And be warned, it's only TEN days away. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow.)
    It's the ONE-QUARTER POINT to Christmas Day!
    That's correct. In less than a week and a half, we will be 1/4 of the way back to Christmas.
    (The year is starting to get away from us and it's only March!)

It was quite warm for 2019 month number three again yesterday, but we did get some late afternoon/evening rain.
    Today will be clear, but about 15 degrees cooler. And it has started here in central NC at 48 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
    And a Stupendous Start to your weekend!

Solice, Bradmac, Martine and 6 others like this.
  16. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Wow....already done with the first 1/3 heading back to the season. 2/3 of the way is just after the 4th of July...which seems like it isn't that long. Amazing. The good news is that I think we are finally coming out of winter. We have 50's and 60's this week with no rain in the 10 day forecast. When we get through with winter, I feel like all is right with the world.

Lindley has the flu....and I don't feel well. I'm going to fight it. I'm heading outside to try and do something. I need sunshine in my life.

Yall have a great day!

17. sugar142286

Hope you feel better soon!

18. sugar142286

Hope you feel better, Coach!

19. sugar142286

Good morning, MMC! Hope you all have a great day!

Solice, Bradmac, Martine and 2 others like this.
  20. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Thanks Crown! Have a great Final Weekend of Winter!