Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday evening! I was at work for 13 hours today, I am really tired. It started out like a normal day but following a meeting in the afternoon, I had a lot of items added to my to-do list before I go on vacation on Monday, so it ended up being a painfully long day. On the upside, temperatures were really mild and ice has started to melt everywhere, a true sign of Spring to come. Hope everyone has had a great day and wish all of you a great weekend ahead.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Saturday has arrived and it's St. Patrick's Day Eve - Day! :shakeit

When I went to Ireland with my parents and brothers back in '91; we never bent over to kiss the blarney stone.

When we were touring Kilkenny Castle; I spotted tourists from Germany taking photos of one of my brothers obviously recognizing him or because of the outlandish family tartan he was wearing. Totally ruined the day for my other brother - they were and sometimes still are competitive for applause.

Naturally, there have been several Irish tunes floating around in my head and emitting from my laptop speakers including Christmas in Killarney.

Green; the colour of Christmas, Shamrocks, etc.

Keep a merry thought in your head!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Final Weekend of Winter MMC! We made it to the end of that long journey known as winter! Or just about to the end of it and I'm glad. Think of this: The next weekend that is a "Winter Weekend" is...Christmas Weekend. Let that hit you. It sure hits me. Have a great Saturday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 45-50 degrees. Not too much going on here today, I’m going to do some food shopping this morning. Back home afterward to work on my daily chores. I plan on visiting my parents later this afternoon. And it should be a relaxing evening, we’re going to order pizza and catch up on some shows. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Well, we are at Day 2 of the flu. I haven't seen Bambina since yesterday at 1:00. She is staying with her Nana. My little Lindley is in bed and she is fighting like a trooper. Here's to hoping she can get better soon. I'm itching to get outside!

Sending get well wishes, I hope your daughter gets well soon!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi Made-hope all is well with you!

Happy to hear you husband is eating better!

Enjoy your time off, Sugar!! TGIF!

Thanks, I’m working this weekend. Hope you enjoy too!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Good Morning, Good Morning, My Many Merry Milestoners!
Marker number four. It has arrived, and right on schedule.
(These Milestones are quite dependable, you know.)

And the ever-declining nature of our count can also be depended on:
Days to the Season: 243
Days to Christmas Day: 285

Folks. We have now successfully completed the entire FIRST THIRD of our Season count and stand on the threshold of the SECOND.
And after that, there's only ONE left, you know!
(See how fast the year can go?)

Our weather here yesterday was little short of sensational.
Temps in the 70's, all the sun we could ask for, no rain, and light winds. Can't get any better than that this time of the year.
(In fact, it can't get better than that at ANY time of the year!)
Today will see us even warmer, but rain stands a good chance of falling some time today.
It is cloudy in fact here at this hour, where we stand at 64 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And the best Milestone Weekend Eve possible, too!

Happy Milestone Day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
A Merry Friday and Milestone Day!

The driveway is thawing out, so as of this morning, I am stranded at home. It is a bit too boggy to drive on, but it should firm up nicely by tomorrow and I can get some errands done.

My brother called yesterday evening to let me know that there was a tornado headed towards town. I turned the radio on, but the alerts were for severe thunderstorms south of where I live. A couple of counties over, a tornado did touch down ~ there haven't been any reports of any injuries, but there was a lot of destruction.

So scary! Praying for all involved!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Well, we are at Day 2 of the flu. I haven't seen Bambina since yesterday at 1:00. She is staying with her Nana. My little Lindley is in bed and she is fighting like a trooper. Here's to hoping she can get better soon. I'm itching to get outside!

Prayers that she is soon feeling better!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Milestone Day - thought I would treat you to an old Auntie song that came to me in the shower many, many years ago ...

Christmas! Christmas! By: Shawna O'Malley a.k.a. Auntie Mistletoe (Sung to the tune and based on the lyrics of Iko Iko performed by: The Dixie Cups (By: James Crawford Jr. / Rosa Lee Hawkins / Barbara Anne Hawkins / Joan Marie Johnson)

Mama Elf and Papa Elf
Were sittin’ by the fire
Chatting ‘bout Christmas wishes
What’s your child’s desire

Talking ‘bout Christmas! - Christmas! Christmas!
Ho-Ho Ha Hee-Hee
Sippin’ hot cocoa with Santa & Mrs. C
All the elves’ children and me

Christmas smells and Christmas bells
All share a common glee
Sharing the joys of Christmas
All ‘round the Christmas Tree

Ho-Ho Ha Hee-Hee

See the snowman in the yard
He’s painted green and gold
There’s a special celebration on the way
It’s Christmas I am told.

Ho-Ho Ha Hee-Hee

See Santa all dressed in red
Climbing into his sleigh
Gonna start his deliveries
As long as the wee ones are in bed

Ho-Ho Ha Hee-Hee

- All the elves' children and me.

+g Keep a merry thought and song in your head! -sing-

Auntie M

Very nice, Auntie!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 45-50 degrees. Not too much going on here today, I’m going to do some food shopping this morning. Back home afterward to work on my daily chores. I plan on visiting my parents later this afternoon. And it should be a relaxing evening, we’re going to order pizza and catch up on some shows. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
xx

Enjoy the visit with your parents and enjoy the day. Sounds fun!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Aww...poor girl..hope she is better soon!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday! I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and fell back asleep but still have one this morning. Feels like it could be a sinus headache. Not too much planned today...just some cleaning around the house and I would maybe like to go to Homegoods..we’ll see. Have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Milestone Passers!

Yep, Folks. If you missed yesterday's count post, be advised that we transitioned from the first to the second third of our Season count. That was Milestone marker number four.

<< OK, Crown. What about marker number five? >>
Hold on, little voice. Wouldn't you like a day off to relax?
<< No! Please, Crown. Tell us what the next one is, pleeeeese?? >>
Well.....OK. But not until after the daily numbers have been posted.
<< Awwww! >>
Have patience, little friend.

Here are today's count figures:
Days to the Season: 242
Days to Christmas Day: 284

Now -- sans further ado -- marker number FIVE.
(And be warned, it's only TEN days away. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow.)
It's the ONE-QUARTER POINT to Christmas Day!
That's correct. In less than a week and a half, we will be 1/4 of the way back to Christmas.
(The year is starting to get away from us and it's only March!)

It was quite warm for 2019 month number three again yesterday, but we did get some late afternoon/evening rain.
Today will be clear, but about 15 degrees cooler. And it has started here in central NC at 48 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
And a Stupendous Start to your weekend!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Wow....already done with the first 1/3 heading back to the season. 2/3 of the way is just after the 4th of July...which seems like it isn't that long. Amazing. The good news is that I think we are finally coming out of winter. We have 50's and 60's this week with no rain in the 10 day forecast. When we get through with winter, I feel like all is right with the world.

Lindley has the flu....and I don't feel well. I'm going to fight it. I'm heading outside to try and do something. I need sunshine in my life.

Yall have a great day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Saturday! I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and fell back asleep but still have one this morning. Feels like it could be a sinus headache. Not too much planned today...just some cleaning around the house and I would maybe like to go to Homegoods..we’ll see. Have a great day!

Hope you feel better soon!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Wow....already done with the first 1/3 heading back to the season. 2/3 of the way is just after the 4th of July...which seems like it isn't that long. Amazing. The good news is that I think we are finally coming out of winter. We have 50's and 60's this week with no rain in the 10 day forecast. When we get through with winter, I feel like all is right with the world.

Lindley has the flu....and I don't feel well. I'm going to fight it. I'm heading outside to try and do something. I need sunshine in my life.

Yall have a great day!

Hope you feel better, Coach!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Milestone Passers!

Yep, Folks. If you missed yesterday's count post, be advised that we transitioned from the first to the second third of our Season count. That was Milestone marker number four.

<< OK, Crown. What about marker number five? >>
Hold on, little voice. Wouldn't you like a day off to relax?
<< No! Please, Crown. Tell us what the next one is, pleeeeese?? >>
Well.....OK. But not until after the daily numbers have been posted.
<< Awwww! >>
Have patience, little friend.

Here are today's count figures:
Days to the Season: 242
Days to Christmas Day: 284

Now -- sans further ado -- marker number FIVE.
(And be warned, it's only TEN days away. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow.)
It's the ONE-QUARTER POINT to Christmas Day!
That's correct. In less than a week and a half, we will be 1/4 of the way back to Christmas.
(The year is starting to get away from us and it's only March!)

It was quite warm for 2019 month number three again yesterday, but we did get some late afternoon/evening rain.
Today will be clear, but about 15 degrees cooler. And it has started here in central NC at 48 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
And a Stupendous Start to your weekend!
Thanks Crown! Have a great Final Weekend of Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image