Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
Welcome once again to another weekend pause on our journey back to Christmas.

And since it's a weekend morning, we have more time to sit back, relax with a take-out fired twinkie from the 'Pines, and really contemplate the count and our Milestone status.

First, the former:
Days to the Season: 235
Days to Christmas Day: 277

Then the latter:
The ONE QUARTER point to Christmas Day is approaching as rapidly as dry leaves before the wild hurricane.
We are now UNDER HALF A WEEK away from that marker and closing fast.
(Better fasten your sleigh belts!)

It stayed cool here again yesterday but with plenty of sun, it felt pretty good (at least when the wind wasn't blowing).
Today should see more brilliant sun and afternoon temperature readings in the low 60's.
Right now, we read 44 degrees on our thermometer device.

Have a Seriously Sensational Saturday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! I feel like March has absolutely been FLYING for some reason!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Afternoon MMC !

day 11 of cold, flu and almost a voice again. Actually found energy to clean up the house and get a small roast in the slow cooker.
It is a simply lovely sunny day here, so my door is wide open to help air out the place.
my plants are loving the extra sun

hope you are all well and enjoying your day

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Afternoon MMC !

day 11 of cold, flu and almost a voice again. Actually found energy to clean up the house and get a small roast in the slow cooker.
It is a simply lovely sunny day here, so my door is wide open to help air out the place.

Sending get well wishes!
xo

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you! I hope you are doing well!

We're still VERY busy here. I think the brand launch is complete sometime next week. I sure hope so! We'll still be busy afterward, but hopefully not crazy-busy.

I am, thank you! I find most days that I work, until I am done charting, I am putting in 13-14 hours, so I end up not getting to always check in here, but know I am always here in spirit! It's my weekend off though, so I am relaxing today!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Spring Break MMC! I'm off 8 of the next 11 days. I'm taking Rollins to the vet this morning for his annual checkup. I'm going to meet up with my mom and sister at Applebee's for lunch and get an oil change. But also I'm going to rest some. I slept a full 9 hours last night which felt really good. Have a great day!

Enjoy your time off!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Oh gosh, it's been far too long!!! We are over half way through March already & I sure do miss visiting here daily!!!
Work life is crazy. I get home & I could just go to bed!! Exhausting! :p Long story short, we are short one girl in our office - she decides to come in some days, but she is quitting, so it's going to be a ZOOOOOO for awhile!!
My sunroom tree is still up & I'm still enjoying it! :) But I am looking forward to warmer temps & lake time!!! :D
I hope you are all doing well & I'll try to catch up soon!!!! ♥
Merry Pines Day!!!!

Great to see you, Holiday! Praying things start slowing down for you soon.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening MMC friends...Hope everyone is having a fab weekend so far...I can't beleive we are almost through 1/4 of the year already...Starting to feel my old self again...Bit if Gardening helps me relax and chill out...Hope to get back here regular again very soon..Enjoy your evening ahead MMC friends (((hugs)))

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Friday MMC! The flu has overtaken our household and refuses to go away. The kids seem to be doing much better but mom and dad are still suffering from the symptoms. Have a great Friday afternoon.

Hope you all feel better soon!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Knock on wood; I haven't been sick, but my left cheek and upper jaw is sore from some sinus trouble; likely due to all the housework; I wear a dust mask, but it doesn't always help. I'm also sleeping closer to the carpet on a spare mattress so I'm guessing the cat hair everywhere has something to do with it. Guess I have to sweep it up and vacuum this weekend. I use a straw broom first to loosen it all up because O'Malley for a so called domestic short-hair cat looses lots of fur.

I actually had to give in and take a few sinus tablets this week; I don't like it; there's something in there that makes me feel a bit restless.

Hope y'all get well soon.

Take care of yourself, Auntie. Hope you feel better!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Afternoon MMC !

Glad you're starting to feel better!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Over the past week, 12.5 gallons of maple tree sap have been boiled down to a little less than six quarts. Overnight the amount went down about a half inch and it continues to slowly evaporate. The slow cooker is getting a good work out these past few days! It has definitely been a learning experience, but when all is said and done, there should be a quart of maple syrup. :)
You make your own maple syrup?? How cool is that! Using the slow cooker is brilliant!

I am, thank you! I find most days that I work, until I am done charting, I am putting in 13-14 hours, so I end up not getting to always check in here, but know I am always here in spirit! It's my weekend off though, so I am relaxing today!
I hope you'll enjoy your relaxing time! I've had a bit of a busy Saturday so far, but I just got some more yarn while I was out, so I think the next thing I'll do is sit down and start a new afghan.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Ran errands today; got the new feeders out and there has been some bird activity even before I put the new food out.

I was going to throw the old stuff out, but how do I know a squirrel or something might find it tasty enough so I tossed it down by one of the cedar trees.

I also came across 2 green apples in the fridge that were too hard to eat; they were in the door of the new counter top fridge so I cut them in quarters and tossed them out on the snow covered lawn for squirrels or birds - fruit is good; it's not litter.

Kersplat the pigeon returned; I don't feed them intentionally because they make such a mess and I don't want their droppings all over the balcony when O'Malley goes out there the odd time when the weather is nice. I left some crumbs for him though 'cause it's been a long winter.

O'Malley has been dropping the odd poop ball around here; one in the doorway to our washroom yesterday, one on the spare bed the day after I slept in it and has missed getting his urine in the litter box a few times so I set it up with the old runner, a new litter pan and spill mat under it so he will hopefully stop his little kitty tantrum over the changes around here. I think the urine thing and the poop drops are more of a "woops", but just in case I thought I better make him feel special.

Set our bed up with new sheets and a new comforter; husband finally managed to make use of all the safety items I bought to help him shower so he's clean and we'll aim to sleep in the same bed tonight as long as he isn't snoring too loud.

I love the different shades of blue of the sheets, comforter and pillow cases; blue is actually my favourite colour - any shade of blue will do.

A few more errands to run, cleaning and soup to take care of tomorrow.

AND GUESS WHAT!?! I saw a girl about 6 years old shopping with her dad at the grocery store and she was carrying her Elf on the Shelf with her; I had to comment on how great it was that she had him with her so she could keep an eye on him.

Stay jolly!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope you'll enjoy your relaxing time! I've had a bit of a busy Saturday so far, but I just got some more yarn while I was out, so I think the next thing I'll do is sit down and start a new afghan.

I am, thanks! DH has been working for the last 48 hours, but my sister, the kids, and myself had a great day yesterday, and today was pretty laid back watching tv and reading. Tomorrow is a day filled of baton competition, which is long, but I love it, because my daughter works so hard and puts her heart and soul in to it! The rest of your evening sounds relaxing - enjoy!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I am, thanks! DH has been working for the last 48 hours, but my sister, the kids, and myself had a great day yesterday, and today was pretty laid back watching tv and reading. Tomorrow is a day filled of baton competition, which is long, but I love it, because my daughter works so hard and puts her heart and soul in to it! The rest of your evening sounds relaxing - enjoy!
Thank you! We’re watching some movies till bedtime. Have a fun baton day tomorrow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Sunday MMC! We have some Spring Sunshine here! A beautiful day with temps getting close to 60 with lots of sun. This is the weather I dream of having much of November, December, January and February. Although, to be honest, I don't dream of this in December. I love when it's cold in December and we get some snow. All of you Christmas Lovers get that. Have a great Sunday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Sunday MMC!
It’s going to be a nice day with highs near 50 degrees. My daughter and I are going to skip the gym and take a long walk around a local lake. We plan on visiting my parents afterward. Back home to work on the laundry and I’m going to make lasagna for dinner. There’s a hockey game on this afternoon as well. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Christmas Chasers and Point Pursuers.
And the 1/4 point is just about to be overtaken.
(More after the daily numbers.)

Days to the Season: 234
Days to Christmas Day: 276

Now. About the ONE QUARTER point to Christmas.
That marker arrives THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, at which point we will enter quarter number two.
(Things are just moving too fast, Folks!)

We warmed up some yesterday but it was still cool enough to require a light jacket. Plenty of sun, though.
This second day of the weekend will see us to 70 for the afternoon high with a predicted zero percent chance of rain.
(Pretty darned good!)
We stand at 36 chilly degrees here right now.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone.
And I hope you are enjoying the NCAA tournament!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Christmas Chasers and Point Pursuers.
And the 1/4 point is just about to be overtaken.
(More after the daily numbers.)

Days to the Season: 234
Days to Christmas Day: 276

Now. About the ONE QUARTER point to Christmas.
That marker arrives THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, at which point we will enter quarter number two.
(Things are just moving too fast, Folks!)

We warmed up some yesterday but it was still cool enough to require a light jacket. Plenty of sun, though.
This second day of the weekend will see us to 70 for the afternoon high with a predicted zero percent chance of rain.
(Pretty darned good!)
We stand at 36 chilly degrees here right now.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone.
And I hope you are enjoying the NCAA tournament!
Thanks Crown! 9 months till Christmas Eve!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Wow...even though I see the countdown each day, it still amazes me. The fact that in a month, we will be at 200 days until the season....gosh. Amazing. It always seems like the 200-100 flies by because we are having summer break.

Sit on the deck yesterday and watched the ballgames. It was beautiful. Rain overnight and scattered showers throughout the day will not let that happen, again. Going to watch more games today and try to get a couple of things for us to eat this week. Yall have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image